Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

parados

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 02:17 pm
@Baldimo,
Regulations in the US require that hazardous chemicals being stored in large quantities be reported to the state and local agencies along with the local fire department.

http://www2.epa.gov/epcra/epcra-sections-311-312
Baldimo

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 02:22 pm
@parados,
Ok, that sounds great. This accident happened in China... so...

RABEL222

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 02:26 pm
@Baldimo,
Asswipes like you are trying to get congress to nullify such regulations in order to save industry money. To hell with the lives it costs.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 02:39 pm
@Baldimo,
Yes, and who is trying to gut OSHA and the EPA in the US and reduce regulations for companies? And what is the reduction of regulations called?
Baldimo

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 02:43 pm
@parados,
So the picture that Rex posted, was a picture of the accident in China, that was due to the US govt deregulating safety standards in China? That was the implication of what Rex said.

Funny thing is there is no proof that the accident in China was due to deregulation. Not following the regulations... Sure.

parados

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 02:45 pm
@Baldimo,
Wow. You do have a blind spot when it comes to comprehension.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 02:47 pm
@parados,
No I don't. I just don't think the accident was due to deregulation and I called Rex on that fact. It's a BS meme and why you are defending it, when it has no basis in reality.
parados

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 03:07 pm
@Baldimo,
I think we went over this already.

Complex thought is something most people are capable of at the age of 6.

Let me make it simple for you:

Deregulation leads to fewer regulations. The disaster in China was likely the result of fewer regulations specifically ones that require reporting to the fire department of chemicals being stored. OSHA and EPA regulations are the ones that require reporting in the US. OSHA and the EPA are perhaps the most talked about agencies when it comes to the desire to deregulate and defund them. I guess if a meme doesn't spell out all the specific steps, you are incapable of understanding it. In the future, we can certainly explain things to you if you need help.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 03:36 pm
@parados,
So you are guessing as to the reason for the accident? I already mentioned that this looks to be a case of people and or the govt not following the regulations put in place. As of yet, no indication that this was due to deregulation as Rex and you seem to think it was. If it turns out that was the case, I will comment on it, until then the meme is just a way to poke at the right.

Did you hear what the EPA did here in CO? Since the EPA was at fault, who do we blame for this disaster?
parados

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 04:16 pm
@Baldimo,
I am simply relying on news reporting. If you have information that regulations exist in China that storage of such chemicals require reporting to local fire with quantity and location feel free to give us a link.

Yes, I did hear about the mine spill in CO. It appears to be the fault of the EPA. Of course, we should also keep in mind that the EPA wanted to declare the area a Superfund site years ago and the locals resisted. Lack of funding seems to be a part of the issue and lack of regulation caused the mines to not have to clean up this problem in the 70's leaving it to be cleaned up now at the public expense.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 04:20 pm
@parados,
Quote:
we should also keep in mind that the EPA wanted to declare the area a Superfund site years ago and the locals resisted. Lack of funding seems to be a part of the issue and lack of regulation caused the mines to not have to clean up this problem in the 70's leaving it to be cleaned up now at the public expense.

Why does that have anything to do with EPA bungling causing environmental toxicity? Are you arguing that they have bungled this mine for decades so we should not be surprised?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2015 06:20 pm
Its already happening here:

West, Texas Fertilizer Plant Explosion Injures More Than 100
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 08:02 am
@hawkeye10,
Did you bother to look up any of the facts about the clean up of hundreds of mines in the area? They don't have the money to clean up all the mines which leak the equivalent of the one breach every 2 days in Colorado.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 08:52 am
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/11034430_10153072203481897_6577369837862305631_o.jpg
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 09:26 am
@Baldimo,
The EPA should never have been left with such a mouse trap game scenario in Colorado where they move one rock and it is set up "purposefully" to poison a whole river.

Do you think it was the EPA who profited from the mines? Why should we leave the EPA to clean up the mess now on taxpayer's dimes, it is going to take a large army of government workers to clean this up.

More regulations means smaller government. Had the GOP not been obstructing vital regulations where there is some culpability written into the laws, this and many other disasters might have easily been avoided. In this incident it is not the EPA that needs to be investigated it is the previous owners of the mine that left it in such a state where it was so prone to disaster. Regulations that have been, even ignored by corporations, need to have harsher penalties.

But why would the republicans bite the polluting hand that feeds them? See a conflict of interest here? How can government regulation function when our lawmakers are on their payroll? Were there no EPA as the GOP have unanimously threatened then the pool of yellow lead and arsenic would have simply spilled all on its own...

Blame the EPA but this spill is purely the result of regulations that have not been followed by the former companies that mined the area and left it in such a disastrous state.

"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., are urging states to simply ignore new carbon rules from Washington."

Simply ignore the regulations Mitch? Ignore the law? Really?

China investigates top work safety regulator after Tianjin blasts
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/18/us-china-blast-idUSKCN0QN0DW20150818

Notice China is not saying how harmful regulations are to the bottom line of the profiteers.... Like Mitch and the shameful GOP.

Wait 'til Kentucky realizes the mess that the mine owners in their state have left behind "for the EPA to clean up". But as long as Mitch got stinking rich all is fine...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 12:29 pm
Here's How Many People Die Each Day in China Because of Its Filthy Air
https://news.vice.com/article/heres-how-many-people-die-each-day-in-china-because-of-its-filthy-air

Who needs the EPA? (cynical)
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 10:26 pm
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/11886183_838848626230192_973571456177706942_o.jpg
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 10:28 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/11886183_838848626230192_973571456177706942_o.jpg

Mines are heavily regulated by Washington. Once the government take upon itself to regulate it take ownership of harm so long as its regulations have been followed, and this is true even after the government fucked over the tobacco companies.

argument rejected.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 10:31 pm
@Baldimo,
The day Reagan deregulated the banks, bankers all over the country (and world) wrote themselves out big fat checks!

...and guess who ended up paying for those big fat checks?

We the people ended up bailing them out!
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2015 10:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
Your argument is rejected because you think the EPA is responsible for cleaning up the slag piles left by corporations!

If corporations cannot clean up "their own slag piles" then their business models is flawed.

When they dump this waste in open drains and ponds and then abandon it for the taxpayers to pick up the tab "twice" that is extortion!

The laws need to also be "regulated" to actually prosecute these untouchable criminal corporate polluters of the GOP and the GOP needs to be held accountable for their involvement in this extortion scheme.

The same government entity that went after the KKK racists need to go after these corporate polluters too! The KKK and environment polluters are both equally disgusting and abhorrent...

Fucked over the tobacco companies? Ridiculously asinine statement!

This is the same Ronald Reagan who stole trillions of dollars from old ladies with social security while leaving the fiscal US budget in terrible debt!