Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 01:11 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Do you know how seriously that is taken and how deadly that is to some people when it is Islam's God?
Abrahamic religions have the same god qua definition.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 01:18 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:

I disagree. Do you believe in God, better yet, does it matter to you? It matters to terrorists.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 01:30 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

I disagree.
And what is your own definition of Abrahamic religions?
coldjoint

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 01:36 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
And what is your own definition

It does not matter. Islamists believe, that is the point. How come no one comes out and mocks their "fairy God in the sky"?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 01:39 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
And what is your own definition
It does not matter.
Well, you wrote that you disagree that the Abramic religions have the same god.
You must have a different definition.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 01:45 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Well, you wrote that you disagree that the Abramic religions have the same god.

I do not consider Islam a viable religion. I think it is lie by a madman who clearly plagiarized the Bible. Therefore Allah is a sock puppet of Muhammad. Remember Muhammad, alone, validates the religion. No god, no similarity.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 01:53 pm
@coldjoint,
Well, I don't have such a deep scientific knowledge about religions like you've got.
Like often before, I must bow to your profound and well-sourced expertise.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 02:03 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Those were facts, Wally. Perhaps, one day you will learn the difference between those and opinion.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 04:03 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Muslim countries:
Quote:
As of 2015, 1.8 billion or about 24.1% of the world population are Muslims.

Christian countries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_by_country
Quote:

Christianity by country
As of the year 2015, Christianity has more than 2.3 billion adherents, out of about 7.5 billion people.[1][2][3][4][a] The faith represents one-third of the world's population and is the largest religion in the world

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 04:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Least religious states. I picked the first 21 states, because I lived in Illinois for several years.
1 Vermont 56.3 %
2 Maine 51.1 %
3 New Hampshire 49.2 %
4 Massachusetts 46.0 %
5 Washington 43.7 %
6 Oregon 43.4 %
7 Alaska 42.7 %
8 Hawaii 41.0 %
9 Rhode Island 41.0 %
10 Colorado 40.6 %
11 Connecticut 40.4 %
12 Nevada 39.7 %
13 California 37.8 %
14 Montana 37.8 %
15 New York 37.1 %
16 Wyoming 35.1 %
17 Idaho 34.8 %
18 Minnesota 34.2 %
19 Arizona 33.8 %
20 Wisconsin 32.7 %
21 Illinois 32.6 %
Baldimo

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 05:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
This doesn't account for actual people of faith, just church attendance.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 08:14 pm

Quote:
Face it, we have the enemy within. Its name is the Democratic Party.

The Obama administration included the last the Democratic presidential nominees: Kerry, Obama, and Hillary. As president and his secretaries of State, they attacked our allies -- Israel being the prime example -- while giving aid and comfort to our enemies: Cuba. Iran, and North Korea.

On their watch, the Islamic State grew and America's might waned.

http://donsurber.blogspot.com/2018/05/fact-check-hillary-is-100-correct.html
Blickers

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 10:57 pm
@coldjoint,
I don't see where America's might waned at all under Obama, but I do see under Trump that his national security advisors secretly meet with Kremlin officials and then lie about it to the Senate and the FBI. And that his son-in-law Jared meets with the heads of Kremlin connected banks to try to get a loan to save his billion dollar real estate disaster at 666 Fifth Avenue, even as he conducts talks with Middle Eastern leaders. And that Trump's campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, was not paid by Trump during the campaign but was paid by Russian oligarchs.

This is the only American president in history who was actively working on behalf not of the American people, but on the behalf of a foreign power, Russia.
revelette1

Reply Tue 22 May, 2018 08:26 am
You know just a few days ago I still thought it would be a bad idea to campaign on Impeaching Trump, until his latest trick with the DOJ. The other day I heard my little granddaughter come home from school, and she was responding to me after she heard me talking about Trump, and she said, "Dump, Donald Trump." Secretly I laughed but I explained how we should respect the office of the Presidency. But it has a nice ring, kind of along the lines of the one that went over so well in 2016.

Also I considered it might backfire, but then sometimes I think democrats are so afraid of these things backfiring, we don't get down and fight. What if anything do you all think?
revelette1

Reply Tue 22 May, 2018 09:09 am
@revelette1,
I just asked my granddaughter exactly what she said, and she corrected me and she said it's "throw Trump in the dump." She also wanted me to say she is eight, not little. She said she wasn't the only one who said it, her friends did too. She is home today, it's voting day here in KY.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 22 May, 2018 09:13 am
@revelette1,
I think in this matter it is a bit unfair to accuse the Democrats of being unwilling to fight. On the contrary, fighting Trump has been their sole obsession for the past two years. I believe something far different is motivating them now

Following eight years of lassitude in two Obama Administrations during which Russia invaded Armenia, seized Crimea and invaded eastern Ukraine without comment or action from Obama ( other than whispered requests to Medvedev that he assure Vladimir (Putin) that he (Obama) would have more flexibility after the election) , a Putin controlled firm bought the Uranium mines in Canada that were the source of a major part of our Uranium, and paid off both the Clinton Foundation and husband Bill handsomely for their services to it. Accompanying this Hillary as Sec. State organized the truly silly "Reset" of our relations with the very Russians they vilify now. Overall not a very tough posture toward the Russians they so energetically vilify now.

Then in 2016, suddenly, confronted with the weakness of their presidential candidate, Hillary, the same Democrats, out of the blue, suddenly "saw" great danger from Russia, and contrived an imaginary Russian conspiracy with their domestic political opponent in a struggle to retain the Presidency.

Since the election Democrats have adopted a campaign of "resistance " (their word) towards everything proposed by the new administration notwithstanding their civic duties under the constitution regarding the operation of our government). Indeed they have shown a disposition to "fight" the Trump administration at every turn.

Now, after nearly two years of this drama, the facts involving the corruption of the last Administration and candidate Hillary Clinton are beginning to capture public notice, as are the facts concerning their collusion with government officials, the Hillary campaign ( and its puppet DNC) to discredit their political opponent with a contrived conspiracy with the very Russian government which they so supinely accommodated for eight years.

I believe what you are seeing now is, not so much an unwillingness to fight, as a raw fear that evidence of their misdeeds is beginning to come out and that the public is beginning to grasp the self-serving conspiracy they have contrived. Some of the key figures in this drama are beginning to see real personal legal liability in the information that is unfolding. For these folks, consumed as they have been with the supposed "rightness" of their cause and the intrinsic evil of their political opponents, this is indeed a very unsettling moment.

Equally significant is the fact that other than this "resistance" to everything Trump, they have offered no coherent policy alternatives on any of the central issues affecting the country.

I expect the present political turbulence will continue for some time. However the tide is shifting against the Democrats and the foundation of their only unifying element, the resistance to Trump, is starting to unravel.
maporsche

Reply Tue 22 May, 2018 09:18 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Equally significant is the fact that other than this "resistance" to everything Trump, they have offered no coherent policy alternatives on any of the central issues affecting the country.

Jesus H Christ George, this is some ignorant bull **** right here. I think you left your eclipse sunglasses on and currently cannot see anything right in front of your face.

I used to respect your posts and opinions so much more.

Give me a policy topic that you'd like me to return the Democratic Party's alternatives on. I likely won't need to go much further than https://democrats.org/ but since that website is difficult to remember I'll spend my precious time helping you with your query, as it appears to be a great concern to you that your republicans in congress aren't hearing any other opinions on the topics they're voting on and bills they're passing.
Below viewing threshold (view)
georgeob1

Reply Tue 22 May, 2018 09:30 am
@maporsche,
The policy alternatives to which you evidently refer (judging from the content on you linked website) are those of the far left wing of the party, and not those of the current party political leadership in the Congress. I'll agree the left wing of the party, including Perez, Ellison, Warren and the irascible Bernie Sanders have very definite views, supported by an energetic but small fraction of the electorate, however they aren't likely to be a successful political platform.

So far during the current administration we have seen no effort on the part of Democrats in the congress to enact any elements of this into law. This is very likely a consequence of the judgment of their political leadership that such actions would jeapordize their prospects in the coming election.

Good luck with it though!
maporsche

Reply Tue 22 May, 2018 10:20 am
@georgeob1,
How about you give me a domestic topic that you think the Democrats should have proposed some solution on and I'll see if I can't satisfy you and cure you of your ignorance.
0 Replies