Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

emmett grogan

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 06:00 pm
@TheCobbler,
It slays me when people of baldimo's ilk question my service.

My family has been in uniform from the Revolution on. There are TWO memorials dedicated to two different Revolutionary War officers from my family and there have been THREE governors of two state, one of whom started Union Carbide and whose son donated the modern equivalent of $120Million to the his state University.

I bleed red, white and blue and I hate the KKK and anyone who considers himself a Nazi or a sympathizer.

I believe in the Constitution and swore to defend it as has members of every generation of my family to today. I believe that everyone regardless of gender, orientation, color, age or faith has a right to sit at the table and SCREW anyone who feels otherwise.

And whining "free speech" for permission to spout their vile hate speech is the height of hypocrisy and doesn't fool anyone not even themselves.
0 Replies

emmett grogan

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 06:03 pm
@emmett grogan,

0 Replies

emmett grogan

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 06:23 pm
One of my great, great, great grandfather's nephews was awarded a posthumous Medal of Honor for his part in a raid into Georgia to tear up rail road track and destroy rolling stock. This was popularly known as the Andrews raid or the great locomotive race. After years of it being in the possession of his family and descendants, the Medal was donated to the Southern Civil War and Locomotive History Museum in Kennesaw, Georgia (the former Big Shanty)

Not having served just doesn't occur to my family.

And neither does worshiping Confederate traitor race baiting statues or tolerating discrimination of anyone not born white, straight and male.
0 Replies

emmett grogan

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 06:55 pm
@Baldimo,
Trump Tops Obama, Bush and Clinton in Golfing and Private Getaways So Far

By KAREN YOURISH and K.K. REBECCA LAI UPDATED April 28, 2017

After years of criticizing former President Barack Obama for playing golf and going on private getaways, President Trump has already done more of both in his first 99 days than Mr. Obama, as well as former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton.
He Has Spent 19 Days at a Golf Course

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/04/10/us/politics/trump-golf-course-getaways.html

I'm going to be working for you. I’m not going to have time to play golf.”

Mr. Trump at a Virginia campaign rally in 2016

Mr. Trump can be found at a Trump golf course on most weekends. Administration officials rarely confirm whether he actually played golf, forcing reporters to glean clues from photos posted on social media.

He’s played some golf at least 17 times, according to Mark Knoller, a White House correspondent for CBS News.

Mr. Obama played just once during his first 100 days, but went on to hit a total of 333 rounds during his two terms as president, Mr. Knoller’s data shows.

The White House says Mr. Trump uses his time on the green to foster relationships with world leaders and lawmakers. However, the White House does not generally reveal whom he plays with.
0 Replies

emmett grogan

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 07:05 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
You are putting words in my mouth, just like a typical leftist you can't even quote what I actually said. You have to blow what I said out of proportion to try and show you have the moral high ground.

So WHAT did you mean this piece of doodle:

Quote:
@cicerone imposter,
You are doing it again, presenting opinion pieces as actual news stories.

Sorry, but Antifa is not filled with Patriots, they do not stand for what the US stands for or even what the Amendments to the Constitution stand for. They are also mostly made up of far leftists groups with Communist leanings, they only stand to have extreme left-wing politics hear and see the light of day.

Aren't you contrasting the unpatriotic antifas to the patriotic Nazis and KKK?

Which by the way YOU present as some sort of fact.

You are disingenuous and a dishonest debater.

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 07:15 pm
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20994223_1903968003198716_7262596933847050664_n.jpg?oh=9909decead604b2ee6a8dfa72b62e4a8&oe=5A275585
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 07:35 pm
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20992622_10214392173504060_5849369927000895524_n.jpg?oh=a3ba00cbc28d7bcf9e0e636c3f78eefe&oe=5A35310F

Our kid's education will do fine without him.
0 Replies

emmett grogan

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 07:38 pm
@TheCobbler,
Scary isn't it? Kim seems less a maniac than lil' Donnie Drumph-elstiltskin?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 08:17 pm
@TheCobbler,
Trump has done more damage in 200 days than any past president.
http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2017/07/a-jaw-dropping-list-of-all-the-terrible-things-trump-has-done-to-mother-earth/
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 08:20 pm
Exclusive: Secret Service out of money to pay agents because of Trump's frequent travel, large family
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/21/exclusive-secret-service-out-of-money-to-pay-agents-because-of-trumps-frequent-travel-large-family.html

Trump blew through the same money in 7 months that Obama did in 8 years.

Why is Trump charging the secret service for golf cart fees at his golf course?
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 08:26 pm
WATCH: Al Franken stunned Trump with his statement “The Real Problem With This Administration Is You” (VIDEO)
http://proudemocrats.com/2017/08/21/watch-al-franken-stunned-trump-with-his-statement-the-real-problem-with-this-administration-is-you-video/
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 10:01 pm
@TheCobbler,
This is how Federal employees were paid when I was working. Congress sets the pay scale and it's solid for all grades from GS-1 thru Senior Executive Service. At the agency I worked for you didn't get overtime until Congrees approved pay overtime during a crisis. During one crisis, a co-worker of mine worked so many hours his pay would have exceeded the pay of a GS-15, he was not paid for the extra hours because Congress had not foreseen the issue of civilian's working so many hours/exceeding the bi-weekly salary of a maxed out GS-15, ergo 'thank you for your service and you can suck eggs if you think your Govt will pay you'.

So, here's the thing, the Secret Service will continue to protect the president, even though they might not get pad. That happens because they are committed, they are not mercenaries and they can't belong to a union nor can they go on strike. That's what they know might happen when they join the Secret Service.
It's little bit like the military, we promise to serve, but we usually earn more money.

And no, I didn't work for the Treasury. I read.
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 11:57 pm
BREAKING: After alt-right organizers saw huge counter-protests in Boston, they've canceled 67 "America First Rallies" scheduled in 36 states - Jon Cooper

Not sure who Jon Cooper is... or the source of this news.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2017 12:01 am
@glitterbag,
Thank you for explaining that Glitterbag.

It seems Trump has extorted their pay out from under them.

That should increase morale and loyalty. (sarcasm)
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2017 12:11 am
We need to protect all those poppy fields in Afghanistan so our military can supply it to US teenagers... Just like Reagan did with cocaine from Colombia. (cynical) Why are Americans dropping like flies so much from heroin? Figure it out...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2017 12:25 am
@glitterbag,
So true. I enlisted into the Air Force in the mid-1950s because I didn't have any other good alternative, so in a way it was a life saver. In addition to that, the military gave me confidence in myself, because they assigned me to work with conventional and nuclear weapons. I know how costly it is to get a Top Secret Clearance. I got my promotions rather quickly, but nothing happened for the last 24 months of my enlistment. If they had given me another stripe, I would probably had stayed in. When I met with the commander before my discharge, he said he'll give my another stripe if I stay, but that was too late. It's one of those good things that happened to me, because after I got my discharge, I got my college degree and did very well with it. I worked in management for over 80% of my working career, and also did consulting work. That's where I made real money. So, everything worked out very well for me. Our son was an officer in the Air Force, and he made Major, so I can't complain. The officers in the Air Force treated me very well. In addition to all that, I got stationed in Morocco for one year, and that provided me the opportunity to visit Madrid, Paris and London. The travel bug bit my behind, and I've been traveling ever since. So, all worked out very well.
0 Replies

emmett grogan

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2017 06:40 am
@TheCobbler,
Didn't take us long to shove those schmucks back into their holes, did it?
0 Replies

emmett grogan

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2017 06:49 am
@TheCobbler,
Jon Cooper was the Treasurer of "Draft Joe Biden".

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets

All I can find is his tweet and reports of his tweet.

In some ways I hope he's wrong - this has been galvanizing the left and I don't want it to stop before the 2018's elections.

He's also involved with:

https://www.democraticcoalition.org/
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2017 10:14 am
@emmett grogan,
Quote:
Not that this is the first time I've been asked that,

Are you? I should point out that you write just like Bobsal did and even had the same job in the military if I remember correctly. Funny how we could have 2 different people on this site who had the same MOS during the same time frame of service.

Quote:
but don't you find it strange for someone who calls herself baldina asking someone else on a forum drenched in names like finn d'buzz, oralloy who he is?

Misspelling my name, another favorite pastime of Bobsal's. I'm a dude and Baldimo is part of my last name, kids in high school used to cal me Bald Dimo because I had a high hairline and I embraced it to my nickname, but if you wish to pick on my name like an elementary school kid then be my guest, I simply asked if you were a returned member. Why are you so defensive?

Quote:
I do.

What, remember when I was deployed?

Quote:
Tell us some more about how "patriotic" all those anti-Semite history loving 2nd Amendment advocates in Charlottesville were, especially that brave soul who ran down a woman and killed her, like a real patriot, right?

I'm not sure where you are going with this, but I don't recall calling any of those douche bags Partiot's and you will have to find where I said they were.
emmett grogan

Reply Tue 22 Aug, 2017 01:04 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Are you? I should point out that you write just like Bobsal did and even had the same job in the military if I remember correctly. Funny how we could have 2 different people on this site who had the same MOS during the same time frame of service.

Is it. I live in a small town where another members sister and nephew live and none of us was born here AND the member and my wife both only had one job in their live and the retired from different divisions of the SAME company!!! NOT ONLY THAT - but they are both from the same town in an upper mid Atlantic state and to this date from when they were born - HAVE NEVER EVER MET!

I meet fellow boomers every where and WE thought we were fighting Soviet fascism the way our dads fought German and Italian and Japanese fascists.

I found this for you, whoever the hell you are:

Probability of Shared Birthdays
or, How to Win Money in Bar Bets

Copyright © 2001–2017 by Stan Brown

Summary: In a group of 30 people, would you be surprised if two of them have the same birthday? As it turns out, you should be more surprised if they don’t.

There are 365 possible birthdays. (To keep the numbers simpler, we’ll ignore leap years.) The key to assigning the probability is to think in terms of complements: “Two (or more) people share a birthday” is the complement of “All people in the group have different birthdays.” Each probability is 1 minus the other.

(a) What is the probability that any two people have different birthdays? The first person could have any birthday (p = 365÷365 = 1), and the second person could then have any of the other 364 birthdays (p = 364÷365). Multiply those two and you have about 0.9973 as the probability that any two people have different birthdays, or 1−0.9973 = 0.0027 as the probability that they have the same birthday.

(b) Now add a third person. What is the probability that her birthday is different from the other two? Since there are 363 days still “unused” out of 365, we have p = 363÷365 = about 0.9945. Multiply that by the 0.9973 for two people and you have about 0.9918, the probability that three randomly selected people will have different birthdays.

(c) Now add a fourth person, and a fifth, and so on until you have 22 people with different birthdays (p ≈ 52.4%). When you add the 23rd person, you should have p ≈ 49.3%.

(d) If the probability that 23 randomly selected people have different birthdays is 49.3%, what is the probability that two or more of them have the same birthday? 1−0.493 = 0.507 or 50.7%. In a randomly selected group of 23 people, it is slightly more likely than not that two or more of them share a birthday.

For the rest of it and a lot of formuli and equations and grapheseses

https://brownmath.com/stat/birthday.htm
0 Replies