Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

Baldimo

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 10:36 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
In CA, it's $5,472 per academic year. When I attended it was a lot cheaper, and I also received the GI Bill.

I haven't used my VA education benefits, I'm saving them for my son when he goes to college in a couple of years, he will be a senior next year.

Quote:
BTW, college should be "cheap" because that's how our economy remains competitive in the world.

College isn't cheap though and making loans cheaper or the education free will do nothing to bring down the cost of education. I blame the education institutions themselves and the federal govt.

My problem with higher education is thinking that all degree's are the same. I'm not willing to pay for a purposeless education but more then willing to pay for anything in STEM. Want to learn women's or minority studies, pay for it yourself, if they want to learn engineering and the hard sciences, then I'm willing to help. Unfortunately we place to much worthiness on useless degree's and elevate them above other more useful degrees.

Quote:
Many college students now graduate with huge loans.

With degree's in things that will never ever pay for their loans. They should have planned better for the future. How can you expect to pay back a $50,000 loan with a job that pays under $40,000? A BS in Sociology isn't going to pay what the education is worth but it isn't stopping UW Madison from graduating more students with Sociology degrees then it did with Engineering degrees. Who has a better chance of paying back the loan? Another question remain, why do such degrees cost about the same and take the same amount of time? One is clearly more valuable than the other.

Quote:
Which college did you attend that was free?

I see what you did there, you shifted the meaning of what I was saying. You seem to think I'm implying they are free now, which we all know isn't the case so don't play games. The left WANTS to give everything away for free, the items I mentioned in posts above which you seem to have completely bypassed, and they want others to pay for it.

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2017 10:47 am
@Baldimo,
I'm not sure how you can say "not all degrees are the same." It's obvious. A History major doesn't have the same potential as a student who gets a degree in Computer Science.
I got my degree in Accounting, and I had four job offers before I even graduated. My minor was Philosophy, and my grades were better in Philosophy than Accounting.
The reason I concentrated in Accounting is because all Business majors were required to take Accounting 101, and I got an A. Didn't do so well after that, but when I graduated, there were only three of us left in Advanced Accounting.
However, it provided me and my family with a good living. I ended up working in management for over 80% of my working career, and also made good money doing consulting work for small businesses. It was the time when manual bookkeeping was being changed to computerized, so I converted many businesses to computerized systems.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2017 01:03 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I'm not sure how you can say "not all degrees are the same." It's obvious.

Don't be so hard on him. I'm impressed, that for once, he managed to grasp the obvious.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2017 09:34 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I'm not sure how you can say "not all degrees are the same." It's obvious. A History major doesn't have the same potential as a student who gets a degree in Computer Science.

So why do they cost the same? Shouldn't a degree that is going to be less valuable cost less?

Quote:
I got my degree in Accounting, and I had four job offers before I even graduated. My minor was Philosophy, and my grades were better in Philosophy than Accounting.

Sorry to say, but for the majority that is no longer the case. How many people with degrees still have jobs working in food or customer service? I would rather see a focus of taxpayer funds on educations that will acutally benefit society, I would also expand that to trade schools. I would rather pay for someone's education that was going to be an auto mechanic or welder than I would someone who was getting a degree in sociology.

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2017 10:27 am
@Baldimo,
No. The cost of attending college is based on how many units a course is worth. That translates into how many units is required to graduate. All college students are required to take liberal arts courses in addition to their specialty.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2017 10:51 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
No. The cost of attending college is based on how many units a course is worth. That translates into how many units is required to graduate. All college students are required to take liberal arts courses in addition to their specialty.

No wonder higher education costs so much money, they make you take classes that are not related to your actual degree. This is one of my major problems with "higher education", and it's indoctrination of students. I'm not against the classes in general but making someone take a course they don't require is more about making money and indoctrination then about actually educating someone.
hingehead

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 07:57 am
@Baldimo,
Yeah, god knows we don't want clinicians doing ethics courses.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2017 10:04 am
@hingehead,
Quote:
Yeah, god knows we don't want clinicians doing ethics courses.

Why wouldn't we, it seems related their profession. You can do better than extreme's though can't you?
hingehead

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2017 07:32 pm
@Baldimo,
Your concept of education is as shallow as all your other points of view.
oralloy

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 12:44 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Conservatives always try to present ideology and claim it as fact. It isn't.

Liberals spout all sorts of nonsense in their efforts to deny reality.

Luckily reality keeps on existing even when liberals deny it.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 09:53 am
@hingehead,
Quote:
Re: Baldimo (Post 6411465)
Your concept of education is as shallow as all your other points of view.

My concept is shallow because I don't think Universities should be money mills for their overpriced products? I'm not against education, I'm against using public money for worthless educations.

What exactly is shallow about my concept?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2017 10:29 am
@oralloy,
Provide examples of liberals spouting nonsense?
A good example of nonsense are your posts.
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 02:26 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Provide examples of liberals spouting nonsense?

Try the post that I was responding to when I mentioned liberal nonsense.

cicerone imposter wrote:
A good example of nonsense are your posts.

And yet you've never been able to point out a single fact that I've ever been wrong about.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 12:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What is more rare are examples of conservatives with actual ethics rather than hate born out of fake news and twisted religious dogmatism.

Conservatives with real ethics are breed that has mostly died off.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 01:11 pm
@TheCobbler,
JFK would be ashamed of the modern day DNC.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 03:53 pm
@oralloy,
We can assume most of your posts are nonsense.
That you can't even point out one liberal nonsense proves your ignorance about liberalism.
Liberalism gave us social security and equality. Conservatism is racial bigotry, xenophobia, and "smaller government." Trump's tax cuts favors the rich, although it was pushed as a "middle class tax cut." A con won many fools. You're one of them.
We're middle class, and our tax rate remains the same after Trump's tax cut.

McMullin:
Quote:
"Number one is that we are all created equal," McMullin continued. "That is something that Donald Trump, I don't believe, has embraced, nor have some of his supporters. And it's a deep problem in the Republican Party, and that's just the truth."

The richest would get an average of $215,000 cut while the middle class will get $1000.
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 05:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
We can assume most of your posts are nonsense.

You have a big mouth for someone who cannot show a single fact that I'm wrong about.

cicerone imposter wrote:
That you can't even point out one liberal nonsense proves your ignorance about liberalism.

Misconstruing my posts doesn't make you any less goofy.

cicerone imposter wrote:
Liberalism gave us social security and equality.

Spare us the rants about your failed ideology.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 05:15 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Liberals spout all sorts of nonsense in their efforts to deny reality.

Prove your claim or STFU.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 05:17 pm
@oralloy,
The Huffington Post | Elyse Siegel | Posted 05.25.2011 | Politics
Read More: GOP Racism, Rnc President Obama, Rnc Facebook, Rnc Facebook Post, Loving v. Virginia, Obama Race Issue, Rnc, Obama Racism, President Obama, Conservative Racism, Interracial Marriage, Rnc Racism, Politics News

http://www.theroot.com/the-alt-right-debutante-ball-how-a-racist-group-hijack-1790856099

https://mic.com/articles/149140/the-rnc-was-the-most-flagrant-display-of-gop-racism-america-has-seen-in-years#.w3yKlQI5j
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2017 05:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Prove your claim or STFU.

The gibberish that you spout is sufficient proof.
0 Replies