Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 03:13 pm
This is what I believe to be the truth.

Please list her lies...

I have hundreds of fact checkers on my side, you have nothing but Trumps incoherent insane babbles.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 03:47 pm
Stop propagating lies against Hillary if you support her.

Also in the news...

Georgia Has Flipped To Hillary Clinton In New Stunning Electoral Map Projection
http://www.politicususa.com/2016/10/16/georgia-flipped-hillary-clinton-stunning-electoral-map-projection.html
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 05:13 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
I on the other hand have 30 thousand followers that I post memes about this coming election nearly from dawn to dusk and beyond.

do you think that will get people out to vote? I'm really curious about this.
snood

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 06:03 pm
Donald Trump's exhortations to his minions to "Watch those people in certain areas" during voting is having the desired effect...

On Thursday, Daniel Parks stood outside a Palmyra campaign office for congressional candidate Jane Dittmar. Witnesses described him as staring directly into the office all day and turning sideways to expose his gun he was legally carrying. He was eventually joined by another protester, who was also armed.
http://media.salon.com/2016/08/trump_militia_shirt-620x412.jpg

No voter intimidation happening here, folks.
http://www.salon.com/2016/10/14/armed-donald-trump-supporters-caught-menacing-democratic-campaign-office/

What do you honestly think our right-wing friends here would be saying if two armed guys were hanging out at a Republican candidate's office, and they were black men, dressed in black? You think they'd be supporting their 1st and 2nd Amendment rights. or you think they'd raise a stink about Black Panthers intimidating voters?
snood

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 06:14 pm
@snood,
And so it goes.....

Trump: Election Being Rigged ‘at Many Polling Places’

As a new poll released Sunday showed Hillary Clinton with a 11-point lead in the presidential race, Donald Trump took to Twitter to tell the world that the election is “absolutely” being rigged “at many polling places.” While Trump has repeatedly tossed around “rigging” accusations in recent days, as sexual assault allegations continue to mount against him, this marks the first time he took it to actual voting locations.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/10/16/trump-election-being-rigged-at-many-polling-places.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 11:00 pm
@ehBeth,
The memes I post will help some people decide who to vote for and the registration drive wing of our party will see that they are registered and facilitate the means for them to vote for Hillary.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 11:20 pm
This was posted by a moderator in a Hillary Facebook group.

A friend asked me why we're posting so much when some people have their minds' set and can't be influenced.
We don't post to convert a true believer.
We're posting for the people who are genuinely open.
We're posting to bolster the spirits of other Democrats.
We're posting to show the rest of the world that not all Americans are batshit crazy.
And we have an ethical duty to speak up to abuse, for the sake of the people for whom it is not safe to speak up.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 01:30 am
Can Hillary be trusted?
https://www.facebook.com/notes/petter-wikstr%C3%B6m/can-hillary-be-trusted/1014326212011972
maporsche

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 05:35 am
@TheCobbler,
Yes
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 06:40 am
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r589/duadmin/161017-trump-at-war-with-own-running-mate_zpsblq5umyg.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 06:46 am
This is why a political office would have a bunch of completed absentee ballots

The Orange County, North Carolina Republican headquarters was struck by a firebomb over the weekend, and while that in and of itself is a pretty crappy thing to have happen regardless of the fact that it was a Republican campaign HQ, one piece of news that slipped out in the aftermath has been getting some attention. The North Carolina Republican spokesperson Emily Weeks told NBC News that it was possible that completed absentee ballots had been destroyed in the fire.

The problem with that statement is that, according to North Carolina law, there shouldn’t be completed absentee ballots at the party HQ. Absentee ballots are supposed to either be mailed to the county or delivered in person by the voter or a close relative. There is no legal reason that those ballots, if they were there, should have been anywhere near that office.

But a big stack of absentee ballots being where they shouldn’t be sounded familiar to me. I live in Dallas, and about fifteen years ago, the local alternative weekly, The Dallas Observer, published a series of stories about accusations of organized fraud using absentee ballots.

After a digging down, Observer reporter/columnist/curmudgeon Jim Schutze figured out the open secret of absentee balloting in South Dallas, and it wasn’t very pretty.

There were vote harvesters — people who would stake out specific neighborhoods and ‘vote the people’ in those neighborhoods. And it worked one of two ways. At the time in Texas, the county was required to publish a list of the people who had requested and been sent an absentee ballot within 72 of the request being granted. In those cases, the vote harvesters would know when those ballots were expected to arrive, and they’d arrive at the same time with an offer to ‘help’ the voter fill out the ballot.

Sometimes the vote harvesters cajoled or coerced the voter to vote the way the harvester wanted. Sometimes the harvester just filled out the ballot without regard as to who the voter wanted to vote for. And then, the harvester who was so nice to come over and help get the ballot filled out would offer to mail the ballot for the voter. The harvester would then leave with the completed/signed ballot.

Other times, the vote harvesters would be the ones who requested the absentee ballot in the first place...

Continues in link: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/10/17/1583672/-This-is-why-a-political-office-would-have-a-bunch-of-completed-absentee-ballots

REPUBLICAN VOTER FRAUD.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 07:29 am
@snood,
What worries me more than his usual bull crap is his telling his supporters to go the certain polling places and make sure everything is on the up and up. It amounts to voter intimidation for minorities.

Donald Trump’s ‘Rigged’ Election Talk Amounts to Voter Suppression

Quote:
Studies show voter fraud is very rare

So we’re down to this. Donald Trump, the Republican Party’s standard-bearer, seems convinced of a global conspiracy against him to steal the election—that international bankers and the media have conspired against him and that the will of the people will be subverted. Voter fraud will be rampant, he and his surrogates now charge.

Before deconstructing this political quagmire, it’s important to remember that voter fraud is basically nonexistent in the U.S. A slew of studies has shown this. But the claim that the election system is rigged and that voter fraud could somehow threaten elections—as Trump has alleged— is a common conspiracy (with no basis in fact) that is nevertheless believed by a significant minority of Americans.

“Voter fraud is very rare, voter impersonation is nearly non-existent, and much of the problems associated with alleged fraud in elections relates to unintentional mistakes by voters or election administrators,” the Brennan Center for Justice concluded in a definitive and exhaustive study of voter fraud in America.

What is quite real, though, is voter intimidation and voter suppression. The use of voter “fraud” investigations are largely built with this goal in mind: if the racial or gender demographics aren’t on your side in an election, your last chance to win is to effectively keep classes of voters from voting.

This sort of intimidation or suppression is almost precisely what’s happening in Indiana right now. Indiana’s Republican governor, Mike Pence—Trump’s running mate—has sent state troopers into more than half of the state’s counties to conduct “investigations” into potential voter fraud.

In one county alone, state troopers seized application papers for more than 45,000 newly registered black voters—effectively keeping them from voting in what is likely to be close presidential and Senate contests in the state. Multiply that sort of seizure of newly registered voter papers in 50-plus counties in Indiana by state troopers conducting investigations, and it’s likely more than enough to make a difference in a close contest.

Pence officials have said that the state police investigations are legitimate and that they believe instances of voter fraud will be found. But this looks mostly like voter suppression, conducted under the guise of an investigation of voter “fraud” (which, again, is essentially nonexistent in America). It’s more likely it has one simple, direct goal in mind: to disenfranchise voters. In this case, the goal would seem to be to keep newly registered black voters from supporting either Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton or Senate Democratic candidate Evan Bayh.

Pence actively supports these efforts. In a video of one of his campaign events, for instance, an audience member said: “One of the things that a lot of us are scared of is this voter fraud. I’m ready for a revolution, because we can’t have her in (office).” Pence responded, “Don’t say that,” and started backing away from her. But once he was beside the podium, Pence touted the state trooper voter fraud investigations in dozens of Indiana counties. “There’s a revolution coming on November 8th, I promise you,” Pence said. “I’ll tell you, in the state of Indiana right now, we’ve got a pretty vigorous investigation into voter fraud going on.”

Compared to voter fraud, voter intimidation, is a much more insidious (and potentially dangerous) method of trying to win by keeping the other side from even showing up at polls. This is the tactic that Trump and his super-surrogate, Rudy Giuliani, have begun to deploy in recent days by actively encouraging their supporters to go to polling places in the suburbs and urban areas to “monitor” activities.

“The election is absolutely being rigged by the dishonest and distorted media pushing Crooked Hillary – but also at many polling places,” Trump tweeted Sunday.

Giuliani took it further during an interview with CNN’sJake Tapper on Sunday, charging that voter fraud will be rampant in inner cities. “You want me to (say) that I think the election in Philadelphia and Chicago is going to be fair? I would have to be a moron to say that,” he said. “I’ve found very few situations where Republicans cheat. They don’t control the inner cities the way Democrats do. Maybe if Republicans controlled the inner cities, they’d do as much cheating as Democrats do.”

Tapper, for his part, didn’t accept that answer unchallenged. “I think there are a lot of elections experts that would have very, very strong disagreements with you.”

To repeat, voter fraud in the U.S. is now almost non-existent. Repeated studies and reports show it. But this fact won’t deter potentially millions of voters from believing in a “rigged election” in mid-November if Clinton wins.

Voters are being harassed or intimidated right now to keep them from showing up. And if that fails to work, and Clinton wins, then there is a very good chance that a significant minority of America will believe that the presidential election is not legitimate.

This, it hardly needs to be said, is a recipe for democratic disaster. Hopefully, elected GOP leaders in federal offices—like House Speaker Paul Ryan—choose to actively calm the waters if Clinton wins and the Democrats hold the White House. Ryan’s office issued a statement on Saturday gently rebuking Trump’s “rigged election” claims.

“Our democracy relies on confidence in election results, and the speaker is fully confident the states will carry out this election with integrity,” Ryan spokesperson AshLee Strong said in the statement.

But it may take statements and actions that are much more forceful than this to keep order in the country if Trump loses and decides to turn his followers loose on what he genuinely seems to believe is an active, global conspiracy aligned against him and his followers. We’re already seeing violence spill over into the race, and it could get worse. Rigged elections don’t occur in the U.S. Millions of Trump’s followers, however, may not believe it.
revelette2

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 07:30 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I wonder who told Trump a pouting bull dog face looks presidential?
revelette2

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 07:33 am
@snood,
Someone needs to counteract this shameful behavior and talk to those affected by this voter intimidation and not let them be bullied into not voting. Surely there are ways to organize and stop this?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 07:34 am
@revelette2,
It is worrisome. His claims that everything is "rigged", his encouraging voter intimidation, his probable refusal to acknowledge a Hillary victory - these things all set up big potential for violence after the election.
Blickers

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 08:21 am
@snood,
Actually, the thing that is really interesting is Trump's telling his supporters to go to polling places in certain areas to make sure everything is on the up and up. By which he means a bunch of white guys going to black neighborhoods en masse and trying to intimidate the voters. Figure that if that happens in about 15 minutes or so there will be groups of black men getting together to tell the white intimidators that they are not impressed with them in forceful language. There should be lots of fascinating riot footage on TV November 8.
snood

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 08:35 am
@Blickers,
You sound like you're looking forward to it.
Blickers

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 09:27 am
@snood,
Part of me almost is, but the other part which recoils in horror at a Trump presidency overwhelms it. Given the fact that Trump's support comes largely from older white folks who worked 40 years to contribute to Social Security and Medicare, and Trump has broken every promise he's ever made to deliver the money at the appointed time, it astonishes me how older white people can even consider voting for Trump. So watching this prominent democracy, or a substantial portion of it, listen to Trump and allow themselves to be whipped up into loving him is fascinating.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 10:58 am
@revelette2,
You mean the same type of intimidation that the Black Panthers got away with, standing outside a polling place and holding a billy club, back in 2012?
Blickers

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2016 11:39 am
@Baldimo,
Which was ONE incident in Philadelphia, I don't even know that they held a billy club. You are going to use that to justify a massive effort nationwide to perform intimidation?

One incident?