Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

Baldimo

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 01:09 pm
@TheCobbler,
Barbara Boxer wants an investigation based on a Mother Jones article? A single Senator sending a letter means the entire Senate is involved? The article doesn't mention any other Senators involved, I wonder why that is? This is how desperate you guys are becoming to beat a man you said could be beat with no issues.

I'm so happy I'm voting for Gary Johnson, he might not win but at least I don't and won't feel like I need a "Crying Game" shower after I cast my vote.
snood

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 02:00 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Barbara Boxer wants an investigation based on a Mother Jones article?

Would it be worthwhile if it was a Wall St. Journal article?
Baldimo

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 02:50 pm
@snood,
The title of the article should read: Lone US Senator sends a letter... There is no Senate investigation.

Quote:

Sure, but it still wouldn't be a Senate Investigation, it would be a Senator who read an article in Mother Jones about their own investigation, requesting an investigation by U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. No investigation is taking place, just the request for one.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 03:08 pm
Vote as if It Matters
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/19/opinion/vote-as-if-it-matters.html
Baldimo

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 03:26 pm
@TheCobbler,
He first says Hillary has a platform that is the most progressive ever seen, and then says Clinton has center-left policies? Wouldn't being the most progressive platform put you into a far-left policy?
ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 04:59 pm
Good news for North American unions and auto workers.

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2016/09/20/unifor-gm-deal-canada/90730268/

Quote:
Turning the tide?

Unifor's new deal also includes plans for GM to move an engine currently made or earmarked for Mexico to its plant in St. Catharines, Ontario.

“It’s a straight switch from what’s been happening historically,” Dias said. “Today’s announcement really turns the tide of what has transpired in the auto industry in this country for over a decade.”

hopefully the Detroit unions will hear similar news in the next couple of years
snood

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 06:01 pm
@Baldimo,
That's true only if you think every forward-looking idea is liberal by definition. I don't happen to believe that. Do you?
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 06:59 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote ehBeth:

One of the things that tends to bring manufacturing back to the USA is that as robots take over more and more of the process, there is no saving in building the product in another country. And if you build in America you have access to a highly educated workforce, including people who can be trained to maintain the robots.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 09:26 pm
U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren to Wells Fargo CEO John #Stumpf: "You should resign. You should give back the money that you took while this scam was going on and you should be criminally investigated by both the Department of Justice and the Securities & Exchange Commission."
Watch full #WellsFargo hearing here: http://cs.pn/2cjHUTH
https://www.facebook.com/CSPAN/videos/10154783268610579/
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 09:45 pm
Unauthorized Wells Fargo Accounts Wells Fargo CEO John Stumpf appeared before the Senate Banking Committee to discuss his company’s settlement with federal officials in which Wells Fargo agreed to pay $185 million in fines over alleged fraudulent accounts opened without customers' permission. Senators questioned Mr. Stumpf about the corporate behavior and practices related to over 2 million unauthorized accounts, and which led to the termination of over 5,000 Wells Fargo employees nationwide. Following Mr. Stumpf, regulators, including Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Director Richard Cordray, answered questions about their investigations into Wells Fargo, and what they recommended to not only address wrongdoing within that company, but prevent future abusive practices across the financial services industry.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?415547-1/ceo-john-stumpf-testifies-unauthorized-wells-fargo-accounts
snood

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 07:29 am
@TheCobbler,
I listened to Elizabeth Warren tear this shitheel CEO a new asshole for about 6 minutes straight. It was bee-yootiful! Gawd, I love that woman.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 07:36 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

The title of the article should read: Lone US Senator sends a letter... There is no Senate investigation.

Quote:

Sure, but it still wouldn't be a Senate Investigation, it would be a Senator who read an article in Mother Jones about their own investigation, requesting an investigation by U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. No investigation is taking place, just the request for one.

As far as I can see, the headlines HAVE only said 'Senator calls for an investigation' - not that there was one.
parados

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 07:52 am
@Baldimo,
What companies list as the average per hour labor cost is not what the lowest paid workers get paid.

As many as 30% of foreign car company line workers may be hired through a temp agency.
http://www.kellyservices.us/us/toyota/
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 09:05 am
@snood,
Quote:
As far as I can see, the headlines HAVE only said 'Senator calls for an investigation' - not that there was one.

Quote:
BREAKING: U.S. Senate Moves To Investigate Donald Trump For Human Trafficking (DETAILS)

This is the article title from the story shared by Rex/Cobbler.

As you can see it plainly says exactly what I said it said. It was misleading and wrong, but this is on par with what Rex/Cobbler usually posts though.
snood

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 09:21 am
@Baldimo,
You're right that that title is misleading.

The reason I asked whether the source would make any difference is because with all the (myriad, numerous, various and sundry) scandals and improprieties that can be connected to the Donald, I never get the sense any of them concern you. Just the messengers.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 09:39 am
@snood,
Quote:
The reason I asked whether the source would make any difference is because with all the (myriad, numerous, various and sundry) scandals and improprieties that can be connected to the Donald, I never get the sense any of them concern you. Just the messengers.

The reason it doesn't concern me is because I'm not voting for Donald or Hillary, besides I get the same lack of concern from you concerning Clinton.
snood

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 09:49 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:

The reason it doesn't concern me is because I'm not voting for Donald or Hillary, besides I get the same lack of concern from you concerning Clinton.

I have listened to the three supposed big deals about Hillary. Benghazi, deleted emails, and the Clinton foundation. For all I can see, there is no there there. I doubt an honest examination of the Donald's (far more numerous and with far more damaging evidence) scandals would come up as empty. But I realize there is great media interest right now in making them seem equally matched, even in their negatives. And I realize you will never see them as anything but equivalently flawed. For some reason, admitting what Donald Trump really is, is just more than you can bear.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 10:16 am
@snood,
Quote:
And I realize you will never see them as anything but equivalently flawed. For some reason, admitting what Donald Trump really is, is just more than you can bear.

I don't know about equivalently flawed. They are both really really horrible people and neither one are worthy of being the President in my opinion. We can disagree on who is worse.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 10:21 am
@TheCobbler,
Our friend's daughter is married to a Wells Fargo executive, but I'm sure he's not involved in any criminal activity.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 12:07 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:
And I realize you will never see them as anything but equivalently flawed. For some reason, admitting what Donald Trump really is, is just more than you can bear.

I don't know about equivalently flawed. They are both really really horrible people and neither one are worthy of being the President in my opinion. We can disagree on who is worse.

Not only that. I disagree that Hillary is horrible or unworthy. I think that she has good works that more than make her worthy; not to mention knowledge and experience. Trump is a pustule of a person and his record speaks to that. He shouldn't even be in a discussion about who should be president. The fact that he is, should be a shame and terror to this nation.
0 Replies