BillW

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 02:39 pm
@BillW,
What couldn't be accomplished by January 6th,
what couldn't be accomplished by 4 years of Trump,
what couldn't be accomplished by McConnell stacking the court,
what couldn't be accomplished by the right wing childish misfits in HoR,
what couldn't be accomplished by the insurrection,

Will now be accomplished by the weak, sniveling, coward republican lap dog McCarthy when he doesn't pass a legitimate Debt Ceiling bill. America may flop!
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 03:05 pm
@BillW,
There are enough Republicans, including McConnell, who understand the negative value of defaulting in healthy econmy. McCarthy will be given a graceful way to backstep just before disaster. It may be a temporary bridge or a part of this years budget. Either way, we will not default.

One of the US most important exports is our reputation for paying back and collecting on debt. A lot of other countries own our debt, it's tied to T-Notes and the Chinese and Russians own a lot of those T-Notes.

It's not our own or anyone owning US bonds interests to have the US economy take a **** because some rednecks think they heard from the Almighty that a balanced budget is right next to self-righteous gawdliness.
BillW

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 03:22 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
This all assumes McCarthy desires to save America đŸ€”đŸ˜¶đŸ˜« The republicans will tell you, "They have the guns."
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 03:27 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
McCarthy desires to save America

Never meant to even imply that. I'm saying there are other Republicans who know what a serious thing blowing up the economy is. Those people, including McConnell will bring him privately up short and offer him a way to back track without cut him or the party down further.
BillW

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 04:04 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I hope you are correct, but, I will believe it when I see it.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 10 May, 2023 06:55 am
@BillW,
Why would the wealthy gather up billions and turn it into so much scrap paper just because McCarthy has the intellect of a house fly?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 10 May, 2023 06:56 am
https://i.imgur.com/299FGRw.jpg
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 10 May, 2023 07:15 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Why would the wealthy gather up billions and turn it into so much scrap paper just because McCarthy has the intellect of a house fly?

That is for sure the best point you have made!
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 10 May, 2023 08:14 am
QAnon convicted of sexual assault...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 10 May, 2023 04:01 pm
George Santos Claims Arraignment Conflicts with His Role in N.B.A. Playoffs

“We’re looking at a pivotal Game Five against the Golden State Warriors,” Santos, who claimed to play small forward for the Los Angeles Lakers, said.

By Andy Borowitz

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 10 May, 2023 04:21 pm
Tweet text:

Sawyer Hackett
@SawyerHackett
·
Follow
Wow. Harlan Crow has donated to every GOP Senator on the Judiciary and Finance committees—two committees demanding answers about his Supreme Court gifts.

Total to Judiciary Republicans: $429,000
Total to Finance Republicans: $239,140
11:50 AM · May 10, 2023

https://i.imgur.com/yKKAeSY.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 10 May, 2023 05:52 pm

https://iili.io/HUompvn.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 10 May, 2023 05:59 pm
@Region Philbis,
Sexual assault is admired in the GOP as it shows a willingness to close a sale whether the customer actually wants the product and service or not. It shows the abuser isn't just a poser power-wise. I just do not know when that attitude showed up, but its adoption is scary and dangerous.

Tommy Tuberville allus vote twicet. He allus saves one of them votes fer hisownself. Sez he's tha sentimental choice fer hisself. So he splits his own dam vote.

He's thinken of agitten a third vote fer this next election.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 10 May, 2023 11:12 pm
U.S. attorney general OKs transfer of forfeited funds from Russia oligarch for use in Ukraine

Source: Reuters

U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland has authorized the first transfer of forfeited Russian assets for use in Ukraine, he said on Wednesday.

The Justice Department last year charged Russian oligarch Konstantin Malofeyev with violating sanctions imposed on Russia after its invasion of Ukraine, saying he provided financing for Russians promoting separatism in Crimea.

At that time, Garland said, he also announced "the seizure of millions of dollars from an account at a U.S. financial institution traceable to Malofeyev’s sanctions violations."
"While this represents the United States’ first transfer of forfeited Russian funds for the rebuilding of Ukraine," Garland said, "it will not be the last,” he said in a statement.

Read more: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/us-attorney-general-oks-transfer-forfeited-funds-russia-oligarch-use-ukraine-2023-05-10/
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 11 May, 2023 09:53 pm
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/0a/ee/05/0aee0549b3b6dadb6242c25fe3f953e6.jpg
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 12 May, 2023 12:04 am
I know it's NZ - but this sort of list could be made most anywhere (especially the US where it seems weekly some Republican politician who rails against a moral evil is found guilty of that same evil). Not that I think it's a solely republican thing - just that people with these propensities are more attracted to that side of politics (anecdotally)

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/33/55/62/335562122cd942eea5b506d0413eccff.jpg
Builder

Reply Fri 12 May, 2023 03:18 am
@hingehead,
Anecdotally, none of those in the list can be identified as being republican.

They're attracted to Christian orgs because they're already paedophiles.

I don't recall any time during my school years, when drag queens rocked up to our school for "special" lessons.

I also don't condone any Christian lessons, unless you send your children to a Christian school, and looking at the records of that sort of establishment, I'm still somewhat dumbstruck, that parents are still sending their children to them.

Does anyone check to see if drag queens are D or R in America?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 12 May, 2023 04:30 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
Anecdotally, none of those in the list can be identified as being republican.
The latest poll showed that 34% of New Zealands population support republicanism in New Zealand.
How is it that you can identify them?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 12 May, 2023 01:43 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
He's speicial. Veeery special.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 12 May, 2023 02:04 pm
0 Replies