Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2022 07:01 pm
From a friend of mine, I underground Panther, on another forum:

I got really pissed off today
Didn't go into a screaming rant, however I wanted to.

I was at the program today. All of us were in the van shooting the **** on the way home.

Then this happened. A person who also goes there said she wasn't voting. She said she's "sick of the ya ya between parties" as her excuse. She tells me they are both like children.

I asked her how do you feel about losing your SSI? Your medical assistance?

How would you take seeing women, like you or your niece, be forced to carry a rapists baby?

Then go to jail trying to get an abortion because she has an ectopic pregnancy that will kill her?

Would you feel oki doki if I got locked up or sent to an abusive religious hate group to un- transgender me? Because they exist and are empowered by republicans.

It's disgusting to not vote in this election to me. Our country is on the line, democracy itself is in danger, and not voting lets the Nazis and religious control freaks win.

I told her it's all our freedom, our rights are seriously on the line now. This isn't an election like usual this time. She blew me off.
Rather than tearing her a new one…which I really wanted to do.

I told her if the republicans win, I will blame you. I will remind you of what you failed to do to protect our country from fascism. If you get in trouble with the fascists or lose your SSI medicaid or housing subsidy, I will not help you. I have just lost all my respect for you.

I will remind you as often as humanly possible of the failure you did and what you helped happen to everyone by not voting, and I will never forgive you once the republican tyrants begin to totally destroy this country. I will never forgive you.

She shut up her both-siderism crap. And stuck her nose in the air. She is the problem and why fascism is threatening our country.

A couple of the other clients agreed with me and said they are voting Dem. I reached over and fist bumped them.

That idiot asshole not voting is a ******* waste of skin.

https://democraticunderground.com/100217267356

0 Replies

NSFW (view)
Mame

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2022 11:31 am
@bobsal u1553115,
What a bunch of morons the Republicans are.
BillW

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2022 11:39 am
@Mame,
Mame, I do believe that is a given 😉😃😋
Mame

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2022 01:41 pm
@BillW,
Ha ha But it feels good to say it Smile
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2022 03:37 pm

https://iili.io/tiDg1I.png

https://iili.io/tiDXg1.jpg
BillW

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2022 07:47 pm
@Region Philbis,

.......and, send the MAGgot to Afganistan!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2022 05:00 am

https://iili.io/tplCOu.jpg
revelette1

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2022 10:35 am
Normally I would post something like this in the 'Monitoring Biden and other Contemporary Events' thread. For some reason, I can't post there right now. Curious. Anyway.

16 times Donald Trump's political action committees promised worthless rewards for a donation

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump has yet to formally announce another run for the presidency in 2024.

But since leaving Washington, DC, in January 2021, he's lined the coffers of his several post-president political action committees — Save America PAC, Make America Great Again PAC, and the Save America Joint Fundraising Committee among them — with tens of millions of dollars, sometimes sending prospective donors two or three email and text message fundraising solicitations each day.

To entice donors to his PACs, Trump regularly offers items that might appear to have prestige and value. In reality, they have no discernible value and are largely imaginary. These include "Trump cards" that have no use, memberships to groups that don't meet, and even the chance to be included on a "donor wall" that doesn't appear to exist.

Trump's team did not respond to Insider's request for comment.

Here's a run-down of 16 made-up awards, prizes, and perks that Trump has offered to contributors during 2022:

Details at the source. I wish I could explain to most of my neighbors who have Trump 2024 signs in their yards the way Trump is taking them for a ride. But I guess when 2024 comes and goes, and he still hasn't announced, they will finally see sense. That is if he isn't arrested and sent to trial and convicted, in that case I guess he will be MAGA martyr till the days he dies and beyond.

0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2022 03:34 am

https://iili.io/DdS9Pj.jpg
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2022 09:01 am
I think we should brace ourselves for loosing congress. Nate calls it a toss up on senate, with slightly favoring republicans because republicans are more likely to vote.

Why I'm Telling My Friends That The Senate Is A Toss-Up
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2022 02:24 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I think we should brace ourselves for loosing congress. Nate calls it a toss up on senate, with slightly favoring republicans because republicans are more likely to vote.

Why I'm Telling My Friends That The Senate Is A Toss-Up

Then we should actually brace ourselves for losing our Republic. If the MAGA dominated Republican Party gains the kind of power that having control of congress gives...

...we, and the rest of the world, are totally fucked.

(I tried to think of a more polite way of saying that, but none of what I came up with worked as well.)
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2022 09:52 pm
@Region Philbis,
And SCOTUS will turn him down next.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2022 10:01 am
Dr. Oz vs. Fetterman Shows Worst Side of U.S. Politics

Quote:
The U.S. Senate race in Pennsylvania may be showing the worst side of politics as Democratic Lieutenant Governor John Fetterman battles Republican Dr. Mehmet Oz in the potentially crucial contest.

Pennsylvania's open Senate seat could be decisive in determining which party controls the chamber after this year's midterm elections, which are only weeks away.

The campaign has been marked by harsh rhetoric on both sides, with the Oz campaign questioning Fetterman's ability to serve following a stroke he suffered in May and the Fetterman campaign targeting Oz's longtime residence in New Jersey.

Fetterman branded Oz "sick" after a report that experiments the celebrity surgeon had supervised caused the death of more than 300 dogs as well as other animals, while the Republican has claimed the Democrat supports "releasing convicted murderers back on the streets."

Oz has denied being involved in the death of the dogs.

Political experts who spoke to Newsweek described the race as "juvenile" and an example of the "erosion of norms" in U.S. politics.

The rhetoric from the Fetterman and Oz campaigns has won national headlines as the race could be key to control of the Senate and the Fetterman campaign has made particularly effective use of social media, but the debate in Pennsylvania has been "dumbed down," according to Thomas Gift, founding director of University College London's Centre on U.S. Politics.

"You'd be hard pressed to find any midterm race in the country that's more juvenile than Pennsylvania's contest between John Fetterman and Dr. Oz—and that's saying something," Gift told Newsweek.

"For two men with Ivy League credentials, it's ironic that the matchup has become one of the most dumbed-down competitions for a major government seat this year," he said.

"Although the race could determine which party controls the Senate, the aspiration of high-minded policy debate and elevated political discourse has largely given way to schoolyard taunts and sophomoric bickering on Twitter," Gift added.

Gift went on to say that Fetterman has "seemingly revolved his entire campaign around constructing online memes attacking Oz for being from New Jersey. Meanwhile, Oz has spent much of the last several days trying to counter the narrative that he's a puppy murderer."

"Pennsylvania may be the center of the political universe. But the center of principled, intelligent political dialogue it certainly is not," he said.

The U.S. Senate race in Pennsylvania may be showing the worst side of politics as Democratic Lieutenant Governor John Fetterman battles Republican Dr. Mehmet Oz in the potentially crucial contest.

Pennsylvania's open Senate seat could be decisive in determining which party controls the chamber after this year's midterm elections, which are only weeks away.

The campaign has been marked by harsh rhetoric on both sides, with the Oz campaign questioning Fetterman's ability to serve following a stroke he suffered in May and the Fetterman campaign targeting Oz's longtime residence in New Jersey.

Polls largely show Pennsylvania Democratic Senate candidate John Fetterman leading his GOP opponent Dr. Mehmet Oz by a substantial margin. Above to the left, Dr. Oz hosts a safer streets community discussion at Galdos Catering and Entertainment on October 13, 2022 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Above to the right, Fetterman reacts to applause from supporters during a joint rally with Democratic candidate for Governor Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro at Norris Park on October 15, 2022 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Fetterman branded Oz "sick" after a report that experiments the celebrity surgeon had supervised caused the death of more than 300 dogs as well as other animals, while the Republican has claimed the Democrat supports "releasing convicted murderers back on the streets."

Oz has denied being involved in the death of the dogs.

Political experts who spoke to Newsweek described the race as "juvenile" and an example of the "erosion of norms" in U.S. politics.

Schoolyard Taunts
NEWSWEEK SUBSCRIPTION OFFERS >
The rhetoric from the Fetterman and Oz campaigns has won national headlines as the race could be key to control of the Senate and the Fetterman campaign has made particularly effective use of social media, but the debate in Pennsylvania has been "dumbed down," according to Thomas Gift, founding director of University College London's Centre on U.S. Politics.

"You'd be hard pressed to find any midterm race in the country that's more juvenile than Pennsylvania's contest between John Fetterman and Dr. Oz—and that's saying something," Gift told Newsweek.

"For two men with Ivy League credentials, it's ironic that the matchup has become one of the most dumbed-down competitions for a major government seat this year," he said.

"Although the race could determine which party controls the Senate, the aspiration of high-minded policy debate and elevated political discourse has largely given way to schoolyard taunts and sophomoric bickering on Twitter," Gift added.

Gift went on to say that Fetterman has "seemingly revolved his entire campaign around constructing online memes attacking Oz for being from New Jersey. Meanwhile, Oz has spent much of the last several days trying to counter the narrative that he's a puppy murderer."

"Pennsylvania may be the center of the political universe. But the center of principled, intelligent political dialogue it certainly is not," he said.

Wilder Accusations
Paul Quirk, a political scientist at the University of British Columbia in Canada, told Newsweek that the campaign rhetoric could be designed to keep the attention of "jaded" voters.

"American campaign discourse has been in decline for about 30 years," Quirk said. "The earlier stages saw deterioration of norms against clear falsehoods and scurrilous accusations."
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2022 08:45 am
Senate Forecast 538 10/25/2002

Democrats 55 / Republicans 45

Republicans were much lower on the scale through the summer for the senate.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2022 04:42 am

https://iili.io/Drn7Re.jpg
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2022 08:36 pm
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/28/ba/2a/28ba2ad67f6e6680d43d52f1c2a56352.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2022 04:52 pm

https://iili.io/bderrX.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2022 09:27 pm
As long as we serve in the armed services to protect corporate interests, we do the actual work that made the corporate interests wealthier than any time in our history: why shouldn't corporate interests pay their fair ******* share?

All the stuff about yachts lately makes me sick.

I learned Jeff Bezos new yacht actually has a tender yacht to service it.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2022 10:32 am

https://iili.io/bIC1J2.jpg
0 Replies