Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

coluber2001

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2021 09:35 am
@roger,
I guess that happens when you have a prison system that is based on punishment and not rehabilitation. It looks like Robert Palmer has been rehabilitated already and could have been of great use against the extremists.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2021 03:08 pm
@coluber2001,
Let's hope he finds true religion in the slammer and not the fake Trump photo op kind...

Has he been rehabilitated? I definitely don't think so.

Many people are remorseful up until it suits them to repeat the exact same pattern of ill begotten behavior.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 01:22 pm
Sketchy Chinese company under investigation is well suited to partner with Donald Trump
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/sketchy-chinese-company-under-investigation-is-well-suited-to-partner-with-donald-trump-129502789793
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 01:54 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:
I don't know why he should get such a harsh sentence especially since the ringleaders haven't been punished at all.

The ringleaders organized a peaceful protest. That is not a crime. Peaceful protests are protected by the First Amendment.

This guy violently assaulted a police officer. That is an actual crime.

The problem with these prosecutions is not with the cases where people who violently assault police officers are prosecuted. Such prosecutions are proper.

The problem with these prosecutions is with the cases where peaceful protesters who have not assaulted anyone are prosecuted.
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 02:10 pm
@oralloy,
The ring leaders did not organize a peaceful protest, that is a lie...
Trump’s speech that ‘incited’ Capitol violence: Full transcript
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/1/11/full-transcript-donald-trump-january-6-incendiary-speech

Trump's sedition war room organized the protest.

Capitol attack panel obtains PowerPoint that set out plan for Trump to stage coup
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/10/trump-powerpoint-mark-meadows-capitol-attack
oralloy

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 02:12 pm
@TheCobbler,
Do you have any evidence that the organizers planned for police officers to be violently assaulted?
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 02:23 pm
@oralloy,
Why didn't Trump send help?
Want proof?
Here it is...

DOD Took Hours To Approve National Guard Request During Capitol Riot, Commander Says
https://www.npr.org/2021/03/03/973292523/dod-took-hours-to-approve-national-guard-request-during-capitol-riot-commander-s
It took more than three hours for former President Donald Trump's Defense Department to approve a request for the D.C. National Guard to intervene in the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, the commanding general of the outfit told senators on Wednesday.

Comment
Trump saw the police being attacked but still he waited 3 hours before approving the National Guard to help the police...

You are a liar.
oralloy

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 02:26 pm
@TheCobbler,
I don't see any evidence in what you quoted that the organizers planned for police officers to be assaulted.

Did you quote the correct part of the article?

You cannot point out any untrue statements in my posts.
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 06:52 pm
Biden endorses filibuster carve-out for voting rights, elections reform
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/12/23/2070911/-Biden-endorses-filibuster-carve-out-for-voting-rights-elections-reform
oralloy

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 07:04 pm
@TheCobbler,
Mr. Biden hates democracy. Luckily there are plenty of senators who don't share his hatred of democracy.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 07:41 pm
@oralloy,
Trump the ringleader of Jan 6th who had his rioters bussed in, waited 3 hours after being told the capital had been breached before sending any aid to the police.

In the meantime his rioters bashed in windows, led a rampage to kill the vice president and top senators, Trump rioters smeared poop, urinated through the Capitol building, smoked pot in the offices of senators, riffled through laptops and top secret documents (oh, but Hillary's emails!) and defiled the senate chambers. All while Trump refused to send a military response for 3 hours!

This is called, "a supreme dereliction of duty".

Was it you who said it was ANTIFA on Jan 6th right here in this thread with no evidence whatsoever. You will make accusations against the anti fascists but deny evidence of right wing terrorists and their ringleader when it is right in your face.

Well you were wrong, and you made false accusations against ANTIFA with no proof whatsoever.

Oralloy wrote:
I don't see any evidence in what you quoted that the organizers planned for police officers to be assaulted.

"Taking back the country" might require a few police officers being bashed with flag poles, tasers, fire hydrants and bear spray...

Do you really need evidence when you make wild accusations without any evidence?

That was MAGA poop smears on the Capitol walls, not ANTIFA and who is the ringleader of the MAGA crowd?

Need evidence?

"We are going to march down to the Capitol, take back our country and not show weakness..." Donald Trump to the Jan 6th MAGA crowd right before the insurrection.

And this was a man who already knew he had lost the election...

That is your evidence.
Trump the ringleader attempted to prevent the counting of votes first by the obstruction by a mob on "his" orders and secondly by the inaction of waiting three hours before sending any help.

You don't need evidence, you need some morality and honesty.
oralloy

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 08:18 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
Trump the ringleader of Jan 6th

I am not convinced of that. Not that I think there would be anything wrong with it if it is true.

TheCobbler wrote:
his rioters . . . led a rampage to kill the vice president and top senators,

I am definitely not convinced of that.

I am aware of the chants. Chanting isn't action.

TheCobbler wrote:
Trump rioters smeared poop, urinated through the Capitol building, smoked pot in the offices of senators, riffled through laptops and top secret documents (oh, but Hillary's emails!) and defiled the senate chambers.

All that is standard operating procedure for progressive protesters.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

TheCobbler wrote:
Was it you who said it was ANTIFA on Jan 6th right here in this thread with no evidence whatsoever.

No.

TheCobbler wrote:
"Taking back the country" might require a few police officers being bashed with flag poles, tasers, fire hydrants and bear spray...

That is a crime. People who assault police officers should be prosecuted.

TheCobbler wrote:
Do you really need evidence when you make wild accusations without any evidence?

If I make an accusation, I will have evidence.

TheCobbler wrote:
"We are going to march down to the Capitol, take back our country and not show weakness..." Donald Trump to the Jan 6th MAGA crowd right before the insurrection.
And this was a man who already knew he had lost the election...
That is your evidence.

All I see is a guy sending people out to conduct a peaceful protest.

I do not know that he lost the election. With the left, you never know if they cheated and just succeeded in covering it up.

TheCobbler wrote:
You don't need evidence,

I do if I am to believe an accusation.

TheCobbler wrote:
you need some morality and honesty.

I'm already full to the brim with those.
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 08:32 pm
@oralloy,
No one believes you...
oralloy

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 08:36 pm
@TheCobbler,
You don't speak for anyone but yourself.

But don't worry, it is not a crime to refuse to believe facts and reality.
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 08:39 pm
@oralloy,
Orally wrote:
But don't worry, it is not a crime to refuse to believe facts and reality.

Yes, it is a crime of which you are guilty of.

A crime against yourself, humanity and the world.

Get some morals why don't you.
oralloy

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 08:47 pm
@TheCobbler,
Now you are lying about me. You cannot provide any examples of me refusing to believe facts or reality.

You are also lying about me when you say that I am short on morals.
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 08:57 pm
@oralloy,
You deny reality in nearly every post you make.

You are the only one not wise to this.
TheCobbler

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 09:05 pm
TheCobbler wrote:
his rioters . . . led a rampage to kill the vice president and top senators,

Oralloy wrote:
I am definitely not convinced of that.

I am aware of the chants. Chanting isn't action.

The Cobbler Comment:
That is because they could not get their hands on Mike Pence. They were Trump's "lynch mob"...

Noose Displayed at Capitol Insurrection in FBI's Custody
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/noose-displayed-at-capitol-insurrection-in-fbis-custody/2863204/

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2021 09:10 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
You deny reality in nearly every post you make.

You're lying. You cannot provide any examples of me doing such a thing.

TheCobbler wrote:
You are the only one not wise to this.

No one else can provide examples of me doing any such thing either.
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2021 10:31 am
@oralloy,
You are welcome to read back 500 pages where you accused ANTIFA of the Jan 6th violence without any proof whatsoever.

Trump had the clear motive to try and stay in office, and he had the Power Point plan drawn up (which is evidence of his clearly intended coup), he bussed in the insurrectionists, and he is seen giving "take back our country" "don't be weak" directives to the insurrectionists.

But you can't believe he was the ringleader and involved in this dirty deed? Yet you will make unfounded accusations against ANTIFA? That are later proven to be false...

Then you wonder why your words have no integrity or believability?

Your, "we need our guns so we can take back our country" seem to be the only thing that rings true.

You take back your country by your party's policies and people being worth voting for, not by violence, smearing poop and jamming racist flagpoles at police.

We are a democracy, not a dictatorship.