Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2021 10:51 pm
Defending democracy, corporations reprise 2006 role, this time against Republicans
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/defending-democracy-corporations-reprise-2006-role-this-time-against-republicans-109769797642

Republicans are now driving big business away from their party too.

No amount of voter suppression can help these republican crooks...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2021 11:34 pm
McConnell Says Corporations Should Follow His Example and Not Get Involved in Government
The Senate Minority Leader told reporters that he “could have easily used my position to make the country a better place, but I have wisely resisted that temptation.”
By Andy Borowitz
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2021 05:11 am
Study indicates the Jan. 6 riots were motivated by racism and white resentment, not 'election theft'
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/4/6/2024696/-Study-suggests-the-Jan-6-riots-were-motivated-by-racism-and-white-resentment-not-election-fraud

Comment:
How could it possibly have really been about election theft when there was none?
snood

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2021 05:20 am
@TheCobbler,
That study shows that a big percentage of those getting charged for their participation in the riot are upper/middle class and urban, from Dallas and Houston - rather than rural, as had been assumed.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2021 05:33 am
@TheCobbler,
Even democrat areas still have a few racist republicans in them.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2021 10:16 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
Comment:
How could it possibly have really been about election theft when there was none?

Believe the lie!
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2021 09:42 pm
Biden strengthens the second amendment by regulating republican crazies with guns.
0 Replies

SSLTomK

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2021 10:00 pm
@TheCobbler,
Let me guess, you're 17 years old and have never held a job and your parents have bought you anything you asked for. Now why don't you tell me some transparent lie about being 40 and a world famous eye surgeon?
SSLTomK

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2021 10:02 pm
@TheCobbler,
Still more inventions of the left. Why is it so hard for you to EVER tell even one passing hint of the truth?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2021 10:08 pm
@SSLTomK,
Welcome to A2K. Since you just joined, you don't know anything about the members here, so perhaps you should put a sock in it before everyone starts to think you are a Uber-conservative crackpot. We love our conservatives, and we love our eccentrics but holy **** man.......take a breath and get to know the personalities before busting out like an a$$hole.
0 Replies

SSLTomK

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2021 10:08 pm
@TheCobbler,
I realize that you can't help yourself but the word is Medal. And while John Kennedy started our participation in the Vietnam war, it was LBJ that accelerated it to unheard of levels spending. You can imagine that it just happened to be Democrat war industries that reaped the benefits.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2021 10:10 pm
@SSLTomK,
Actually, Eisenhower sent the first troops into Vietnam ...... It's OK, I know History is REALLY hard to understand.
TheCobbler

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2021 11:10 pm
@SSLTomK,
And Bush started the war in Iraq and your point is?

Correcting my spelling is so juvenile...

You're all over the place, take a deep breath and don't hyperventilate.

What about the private contractors pocketing billions and pulling shoddy Trump like scams using the Bush republican war industries?

Your selective memory of history seem a bit jaded.

You're a wreck, get help.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2021 11:18 pm
@SSLTomK,
I am almost 60 years old, I am ordained clergy and I have worked hard all of my life. My 80 year old sea captain on supertankers father died when I was 20 years old and my mother died about 15 years ago.

I used to be a republican but left the party when Obama became president.

You one the other hand come off like a freak.

But welcome to the forum anyway.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2021 07:42 am
GOP identification drops as largest gap in party affiliation since 2012 emerges
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/4/7/2024828/-Democrats-up-Republicans-down-Largest-gap-in-party-affiliation-since-2012-emerges

Even Russian lies can't keep people in the republican party.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2021 01:49 pm
@glitterbag,
I think this guy is one of Ollie's recrutes.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2021 01:59 pm
@RABEL222,
No, give him his due, where Covid 19 is concerned Oralloy has been quite sensible.

This party is mendacious and criminally irresponsible.

He should be charged with manslaughter and locked up.
snood

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2021 02:24 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

No, give him his due, where Covid 19 is concerned Oralloy has been quite sensible.

More sensible than on most things. Except for his disagreement with mandatory masking. He saw it as an individual choice, and if he masked himself, it was of no matter to him whether his neighbors masked themselves. I kept trying to explain that the mask wearing was, in large part, to protect others from your germs, and that's why it was necessary to not only mask ourselves but to encourage others to mask themselves. He saw masking as sort of an "I got mine" thing.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2021 02:33 pm
@snood,
I get what you’re saying, but I think the fact he got something right is miracle enough.
snood

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2021 02:42 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I get what you’re saying, but I think the fact he got something right is miracle enough.

Yeah I guess we have to give him credit for not being totally wrong about something. But for me it’s about on par with the amount of credit I give a broken clock for being right twice a day.