Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

revelette3

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 12:23 pm
Election workers weren't surprised by the Capitol riot. Trump's supporters targeted them first.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 12:32 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
It's not a complaint, it's an observation.
No one understands your gibberish.
We just give you a pass. Whatevs...

I don't post gibberish. If you are incapable of understanding something that I've said, that's a failing on your part.

If you clarify what you are having difficulty understanding, I could walk you through the logic and help you to comprehend.

On the other hand, I sense that you prefer to remain ignorant. If I'm right about that, carry on.

Do note that you don't speak for other people when you proclaim your lack of understanding.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 01:18 pm
Hopefully our Justice Department will follow suit.
"Canada on Wednesday declared the Proud Boys a terrorist entity, adding the far-right group to a list that includes al-Qaeda, ISIS and al-Shabab as part of an effort to crack down on what senior government officials called one of the country’s “most serious threats.”
"The announcement by Public Safety Minister Bill Blair comes less than a month after Proud Boys allegedly joined the violent mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol after attending a rally by then-President Donald Trump in the hope of overturning the presidential election. Five people, including a Capitol Police officer, died in that attack."

Canada becomes first nation to declare the Proud Boys a terrorist organization
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2021/02/03/canada-declares-proud-boys-terrorist-organization/4372307001/

Comment:
Republican terrorists...

Canada and Mexico don't want them Europe doesn't want them... Even shithole countries (not sure which they are) don't want them.

Trump has rendered them unfit for much other than jail.
oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 01:24 pm
@TheCobbler,
Keep in mind that Canada is not a free country.

In America people have rights.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 02:24 pm
@oralloy,
LMAO!

That's the best one yet!
oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 02:40 pm
@neptuneblue,
Carry on with your ignorance then.
neptuneblue

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 02:41 pm
@oralloy,
You provide such amusement and I certainly appreciate you.
oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 02:43 pm
@neptuneblue,
Ignorant people are easily amused due to the fact that they don't know anything.
neptuneblue

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 02:50 pm
@oralloy,
I know enough to keep laughing at you!
oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 05:10 pm
@neptuneblue,
Laughter and mockery is common with people who aren't smart enough to understand anything.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2021 06:14 pm
Senate leaders agree to power-sharing deal with Democrats in control

Senators can now promptly "get to work, with Democrats holding the gavels," Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said.

Feb. 3, 2021, 12:04 PM EST / Source: Associated Press
By The Associated Press

WASHINGTON — Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer announced an agreement Wednesday with Republicans to organize the evenly split chamber, ending a weekslong standoff that prevented the new Democratic majority from setting up some operations and soured relations at the start of the congressional session.

Schumer, D-N.Y., said that he and Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky had agreed on committee ratios and other details in the 50-50 chamber, where Democrats have the slim edge because Vice President Kamala Harris is a tie-breaking vote.

Senators can now promptly “get to work, with Democrats holding the gavels,” Schumer said.

Organizing the Senate is typically a routine procedure at the start of a new Congress. But the prolonged negotiations involved a power play by McConnell as Republicans refused to relinquish control without first trying to extract concessions from Democrats that Schumer refused to give.

In particular, McConnell wanted Schumer to commit that Democrats would not end the legislative filibuster. Getting rid of that procedural tool would make it easier for the new majority to approve President Joe Biden’s agenda on a 51-vote threshold, rather than the 60 votes typically needed to advance bills.

Schumer refused to yield, but two centrist Democrats, Sens. Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Krysten Sinema of Arizona, announced they would prefer to keep the filibuster intact. That essentially denied Schumer the votes needed to change the rules, and McConnell dropped his demands.

The agreement, awaiting approval in a Senate vote, means Democrats can take control of the committees and set up other operations that have stalled during the standoff. Democrats hope to hold a confirmation hearing Monday for Merrick Garland, Biden's nominee for attorney general, before the start of former President Donald Trump’s impeachment trial.

Republicans lost the majority after two Georgia Democrats won run-off elections on Jan. 5, ousting incumbent Republican senators.

Senators “are ready to hit the ground running on the most important issues,” Schumer said.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 09:18 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

Hopefully our Justice Department will follow suit.

Seems like it, so far.

New charges allege Proud Boys prepped for Capitol insurrection

Quote:
Two prominent affiliates of the Proud Boys face new conspiracy charges related to the US Capitol riot, and another was arrested Wednesday, as the Justice Department laid out a planning and funding effort within the far-right extremist group in a major court development.

The Justice Department unveiled the new conspiracy charge in a federal grand jury indictment of Nicholas Ochs and Nicholas DeCarlo.
The indictment alleges the two conspired to block Congress' certification of the electoral votes on January 6. Prosecutors say they planned and fundraised for the effort, then came to Washington, DC, and stormed past police and into the Capitol building as part of the violent crowd, according to a copy of the indictment.
Wednesday's indictment came shortly after the Justice Department made clear it had taken more investigative steps against Proud Boys affiliates related to the insurrection. The Proud Boys are a far-right group known for their clashes with Antifa and general support of former President Donald Trump, who even mentioned them in a presidential debate, telling them to "stand back and stand by."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/03/politics/proud-boys-indicted-capitol-riot/index.html

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 01:21 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Smartmatic files $2.7 billion defamation suit against Fox News over election-fraud claims
Quote:
Fox News personalities Maria Bartiromo, Lou Dobbs and Jeanine Pirro were directly named in the suit, along with Fox News guests Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani. They were among commentators who suggested that Smartmatic and another voting tech company, Dominion Voting Systems, participated in a conspiracy to steal the election from former president Donald Trump, despite no evidence of such a plot.
WP
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 02:23 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
New charges allege Proud Boys prepped for Capitol insurrection

Progressives don't like it when peaceful protesters stand up to their bullying.
snood

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 02:59 pm
@oralloy,
Your continuing to call what happened on 1/6 a peaceful protest just makes you look crazy.
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 03:34 pm
@snood,
I find it better to just ignore that user. Don't even acknowledge them.

It is apparent that they won't change their views at all, so it is a waste of time and effort to try and do so.

Luckily, their influence beyond this site is non-existent, so no worries about their ideas spreading.
oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 04:31 pm
@Rebelofnj,
You're really quite childish and pathetic.

You could change my views if you were capable of coming up with a persuasive argument. Your inability to come up with persuasive arguments is your own failing.

I've left more of an lasting impact on this world than you ever will. One reason for this is the fact that I'm capable of coming up with persuasive arguments.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 04:32 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Your continuing to call what happened on 1/6 a peaceful protest just makes you look crazy.

Only in the eyes of delusional progressives.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 04:36 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

I find it better to just ignore that user. Don't even acknowledge them.

It is apparent that they won't change their views at all, so it is a waste of time and effort to try and do so.

Luckily, their influence beyond this site is non-existent, so no worries about their ideas spreading.

I ignore him about 90% of the time. And you’re right - giving him any response at all is a terrible waste of time. The combination of ignorance and arrogance he embodies is stupefying.
oralloy

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 04:41 pm
@snood,
Everyone is ignorant about some subjects. As one example, I don't know anything at all about brain surgery.

That said, my store of knowledge is infinitely larger than your store of knowledge.

More importantly, I know enough to not go talking about subjects that I don't know anything about. You'll never see me presume to lecture a brain surgeon on how to practice his craft.

It would serve you well, snood, if you could learn to stop babbling about subjects that you not only know nothing about, but which you are not even capable of comprehending.
0 Replies