Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

oralloy

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2020 05:16 pm
@Rebelofnj,
If the Democrats are outlawed, I will try to persuade the party that replaces them to exclude progressivism and their associated evils.

I know it's difficult for progressives to not act childish, but perhaps you could try a little harder.
oralloy

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2020 05:31 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
One reason I brought up gun rights is that President Trump, who you support without question, has a mixed record on gun rights over the years.

What does "support without question" mean?

Rebelofnj wrote:
*February 2017: Trump signed a bill into law rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illness to purchase guns.

Hardly mentally ill. The Democrats were targeting people who were merely anorexic or claustrophobic.

They weren't merely making it harder to get guns (although that would also have been a grave violation of their civil liberties). They were outright forbidding them from acquiring guns.

Unfortunately the 2017 measures didn't roll back the provisions violating the civil liberties of disabled veterans. We still have more work to do.

Rebelofnj wrote:
*February 2018: During that televised meeting with lawmakers Trump seemed open to supporting the assault weapons ban. Also proposed raising the age limit for buying assault rifles from 18 years old to 21.

The guns in question are modern sporting rifles, not assault weapons. Assault weapons were outlawed many years ago.

He was lying when he said that. He supports the Constitution. Politicians often lie to fool gullible people.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2020 05:37 pm
@oralloy,
It would be hard to be persuasive as you do not have an active role in the party. You previously mentioned that you were hiding out in a bunker, and you said you had no goal in pursuing public office, despite your claim of a high IQ. Most of the party will not listen to an outsider (hence why Independent Senator Bernie Sanders didn't get much help from the DNC, who favored established members like Clinton and Biden).

Quite possibly, and far more likely, people will be more inclined to listen to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (one of the party's more well known members) than to both you and I, because we are not elected officials and our voices are not loud and coherent enough to get any attention. I could run for office, but I would most likely lose by a landslide to my congressman (who is a noteworthy figure).
oralloy

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2020 06:11 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:
It would be hard to be persuasive as you do not have an active role in the party.

A good argument speaks for itself.
Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2020 06:23 pm
@oralloy,
Care to enlighten me?

As I said, both you and I cannot change the Party's direction as both of us have no clout or power within the Party.

How do you expect to persuade this hypothetical new party as an outsider who hides in a bunker with no political or leadership experience?
oralloy

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2020 06:37 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I believe that people listen to good arguments.

I believe my arguments are good.

I'll only be bunkered down until I get vaccinated by the way.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2020 10:06 pm
@oralloy,
But you are a minority. Only 6 people pay attention to you.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2020 10:19 pm
@Rebelofnj,
The problem is not the democratic party's direction, it is the republican party's misdirection.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2020 11:51 pm
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 12:42 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
But you are a minority. Only 6 people pay attention to you.

That is incorrect. Progressives pretend that they speak for everyone else, but they do not.
oralloy

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 12:44 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
The problem is not the democratic party's direction, it is the republican party's misdirection.

No. You were right the first time when you said that the Democratic Party is the problem.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 12:44 am
@oralloy,
Do you think maybe it's 7 or 8?
oralloy

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 12:47 am
@glitterbag,
No. Like I said, you only pretend to speak for everyone else.

For what it's worth, you guys are also committing a logical fallacy in addition to being wrong. It's called "appeal to the crowd".

Whether people agree with me or not has no relevance. What matters is whether I am correct or not.

Of course like I said you guys are wrong. People do listen to me and agree with me. But still, it's a logical fallacy.
revelette3

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 10:57 am
@oralloy,
I admit I am nosey. Why do you hide in a bunker?
oralloy

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 10:59 am
@revelette3,
Because there is a deadly pandemic raging outside that could potentially kill me.

I live in a normal house. The "bunker" terminology is just referencing the fact that I am isolating myself and not going out into the world until I get vaccinated.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 11:41 am
@revelette3,
Because he is paranoid. And I am dropping my estimate of who pays attention to Ollie down to 5.
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 12:00 pm
@oralloy,
Oh. Understood.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 08:46 pm
Pharmacist Arrested, Accused Of Destroying More Than 500 Moderna Vaccine Doses
https://www.npr.org/2020/12/31/952536531/pharmacist-arrested-accused-of-destroying-more-than-500-moderna-vaccine-doses

Comment:
Is there a job left on this planet that republicans are fit to do?
I wouldn't want one cleaning my toilet...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 09:08 pm
Boris Johnson’s Dad Applies For French Citizenship After Son’s Brexit Deal
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/stanley-johnson-french-passport-brexit-boris-johnson_n_5fee02cdc5b6e7974fd287db
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2021 02:43 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

No. Like I said, you only pretend to speak for everyone else.

For what it's worth, you guys are also committing a logical fallacy in addition to being wrong. It's called "appeal to the crowd".

Whether people agree with me or not has no relevance. What matters is whether I am correct or not.

Of course like I said you guys are wrong. People do listen to me and agree with me. But still, it's a logical fallacy.

I don't speak for anybody but myself. I'm happy for you that you think people listen to you and agree with you. No skin off my nose.
0 Replies