Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 05:25 am
@snood,
Much depends on the artifact. In my opinion a public statue honoring Rommel should stay. A public statue honoring Adolf should go.

Side note: I also think artifacts should be preserved in museums and not be destroyed. You probably aren't meaning for artifacts to be destroyed, but I just wanted to put that out there.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 06:10 am
@oralloy,
Why doesn't the idioit brancok have George Floyd in his stupid cartoo or the 75 year old protester the cos pushed down and sent to the hospital? or the cops slashing people' s tires ata demonstrations. **** cartoonist.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 06:15 am
@MontereyJack,
Maybe because none of them have anything to do with the point that he was making in that cartoon?
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 06:17 am
@oralloy,
the cheating is as usual only in nitwits' minds. People have been voting by mail since the Civil War, for gods' sake. Now when it looks like the Repubs are increasingly likely to lose it all, conservatives look for any nitwit excuse to try to tamp down the people's rejection of them. Typical right wing hysteria. killing the voter by by infecting them at the polls as the only way they can win.And both red and blue state ares looking at increased vote by mail.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 06:20 am
@MontereyJack,
No, wherever there is voting, there are progressives trying to cheat.

Remember Al Gore in 2000? It got so bad that the Supreme Court had to shut him down before he caused a Constitutional crisis.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 06:25 am
@oralloy,
Gore won the vote. If he'd been prez there'd have been no 9/11 and no worldwide Bush Great Recession. But the electoral college as it usually does, fucked us over,
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 06:26 am
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. Al Gore lost the vote.

And then he kept trying to cheat over and over and over again until the Supreme Court finally shut him down.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 06:28 am
@oralloy,
There was a coknstitutional crisis, which SCOTUS' conservative majority made infinitely worse. Which is why it is imperative to vote the Resident Evil in the White House out in November.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 06:28 am
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. The Supreme Court shut Al Gore down before he could cause a Constitutional crisis with his rampant cheating attempts.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 06:29 am
@oralloy,
It's all one country and one bad apple in the White House. It's all interrelated.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 06:30 am
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. The point of the cartoon is the hypocrisy of progressives falsely accusing conservatives of acting like progressives.

I actually do think though that Mr. Trump should refuse to concede if he loses. Concessions are for when you lose to someone you respect.

I'm not saying refuse to leave office or anything. But certainly no magnanimous phone call.
neptuneblue

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 06:49 am
@oralloy,
He doesn't need to concede anything, he's a poor example of a leader to begin with. What he does have to do is vacate the premises when he loses.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 06:54 am
@neptuneblue,
If he loses, he will vacate the premises (in January of course).

But let's skip the polite phone call on election night. Progressives do not deserve the respect.

And if he does lose I hope he sets up a bunch of independent counsels to tie up the Biden Administration in endless investigations.
neptuneblue

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 06:56 am
@oralloy,
Once he's out, he'll be out. That's what matters.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 06:59 am
@neptuneblue,
He'll be out in January 2025.

But he'll be replaced by another Republican with similar views.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 07:02 am
@snood,
Bronze is infinitely reusable. They've been recycling statues for 2000 years. Melt down the slave trader, laser map him if you really must, nd put him in a space-saving digital file in some second-rate library, and put him to better use, Stephen Hawking, say, or Jonas Salk.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 07:05 am
@oralloy,
It's called the law. Close votes mandate a recount. And Repukblican agents provocateurs shut down the Miami Dade recount. And you have the gall to talk about cheating.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 07:07 am
@MontereyJack,
Al Gore was cheating in the recount. The Republicans were right to shut him down.

By the way, John Bolton was in charge of the local team that blocked the cheating:

"I'm with the Bush Cheney team, and I'm here to stop the count."

He's a good man.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 07:11 am
@oralloy,
When he loses, all of his toxic executive orders will be vacated by January 22, and the Democratic majority house and senate will figure out a way to re-create the equal power of the three branches.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 07:13 am
@MontereyJack,
Actually once an executive order has been in place for awhile it takes a long time to reverse it.