Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 12:44 am
@oralloy,
I still maintain that translating Hebrew doctrine from Hebrew sources to be more precise that translating them from a Greek translation.

Even with the changes the Masoretic Hebrew scribes may or may not have introduced, there would not be the language impediment associated with translating it from the Greek.

Also, simply because the New Testament writers quoted the Septuagint does not prove the Septuagint's verity over the Masoretic texts.

Contradictions should be taken in light of one another.

Here is an example where the Septuagint is clearly wrong.

Were Mary and Joseph Married or Engaged at Jesus’ Birth?
https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/bible-interpretation/were-mary-and-joseph-married-or-engaged-at-jesus-birth/

The Septuagint has Mary and Joseph engaged when they traveled to Bethlehem but the were fully married.

Contrarily, it was a virgin conception but not necessarily a virgin birth.

What kind of man would not consummate a marriage after marriage was final, baby on the way or not?

The angel told Joseph to "take Mary as his wife". It is quite evident what that means...

Joseph also took Mary to pay their taxes while she was pregnant.

Now, this is why many reject the Masoretic texts over the Septuagint because they prefer Mary being a virgin not only at Jesus' conception but at Jesus' birth also...

Is this the vital differences you refer to?

This is one "difference" that the Masoretic texts seem to clearly win out over the Septuagint.

Almah (עַלְמָה 'almāh, plural: עֲלָמוֹת 'ălāmōṯ), from a root implying the vigour of puberty, is a Hebrew word for a young woman of childbearing age. Despite its importance to the account of the virgin birth of Jesus in the gospel of Matthew, scholars agree that it has nothing to do with virginity.
Wikipedia

The Septuagint translates the word for, "a young woman of childbearing age" and instead substitutes the word virgin.

This is probably your only reasoning for using the Septuagint... lol

People carry this even further and call Mary, "the perpetual virgin". The New Testament is very clear that Jesus had siblings...
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 12:46 am
@glitterbag,
I will look it up, thanks for the suggestion Glitter... Smile

This book?
https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/misquoting-jesus-the-story-behind-who-changed-the-bible-and-why_bart-d-ehrman/249626/item/1348851/

I will get a copy, looks really good!
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 07:42 am

https://imgur.com/9C9f7HY.jpg
coldjoint

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 10:59 am
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
Study: 95 Percent of Biologists Say Life Begins at Conception

That fetus is a child.
https://pjmedia.com/trending/study-95-percent-of-biologists-say-life-begins-at-conception/
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:18 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
That fetus is a child

Steven Andrew Jacobs in his Draft 1 of Working Paper Posted to SSRN on July 25, 2018 wrote:
This paper does not argue that the finding ‘a fetus is biologically classified as a human at fertilization’ necessitates the position ‘a fetus ought to be considered a person worthy of legal consideration’. The descriptive view does not dictate normative views on whether a fetus has rights,whether a fetus’ possible rights outweigh a woman’s reproductive rights, or whether a fetus deserves legal protection.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:22 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Steven Andrew Jacobs

Can shove it. The fetus is a child.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:26 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Can shove it. The fetus is a child.
And why did you quote that above report about this work????
coldjoint

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:32 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
And why did you quote that above report about this work????

Why are you asking? What I said is very clear.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:48 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Why are you asking? What I said is very clear.
Well, that's your opinion not the one in the study the quoted report is about.

What you call "child" is called in that study "Homo sapiens sapiens zygote".
coldjoint

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:53 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
What you call "child" is called in that study "Homo sapiens sapiens zygote".

Life begins at conception. That is a child not a zygote. I think we are done here.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:59 am
@coldjoint,
Fine. But then again: why did you quote that report about the study?

Did you mentor and supervise it and negate the conclusions?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 12:38 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Fine. But then again: why did you quote that report about the study?

I know, I know, me, me... Is it because he’s a bloody idiot?
livinglava

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 01:18 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

https://imgur.com/9C9f7HY.jpg

The problem is that the child/fetus isn't legally recognized until there's a birth certificate.

Would (pro-choice) Democrats be willing to issue/require conception certificates in order to be begin a political discussion over what rights and responsibilities would occur once conception has been certified?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 01:22 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Is it because he’s a bloody idiot?

Here I am, you bloody coward.
Quote:
UK: Muslim migrant stabs 7-year-old girl to death, media never mentions nationality of murderer

Cowards!
Quote:
It is clear here again that protecting the reputation of Muslims is the establishment media’s top priority in shattered, staggering, dhimmi Britain. What’s their goal? What do they think Britain will look like in five years, as they continue to stigmatize and silence all discussion of this growing threat?

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2020/04/uk-muslim-migrant-stabs-7-year-old-girl-to-death-media-never-mentions-nationality-of-murderer
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 01:40 pm
https://i2.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2020/04/Untitled-copy-18.jpg?w=415&ssl=1
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 06:48 pm
@coldjoint,
A child is what you call it after it's born. a fetus is a fetus. If you're gonna talk about life begins at conception, keep in mind that that fetus came from a living sperm and a living egg, which came from living humans who in turn came from living sperm and living eggs, which came from living...….. back four nearly four billion years of living things all the way back, so your argument is kinda vacuous.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 06:51 pm
@coldjoint,
Biden's still beating trump in the head to head matchups ad it's just driving you crazy, isn't it.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 07:01 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
a fetus is a fetus.

Both are alive.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 07:03 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
it's just driving you crazy, isn't it.

Not as crazy as a senile Biden. He does not have a chance.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 10:29 pm
@coldjoint,
Speaking of senilituy, have you seen the videos where Dementia Donnie loses his train of thought in the middle of a sentence and lapses into non-words and sheer incoherence.
0 Replies