New Season of "Six Feet Under" starts tonight!

eoe

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 10:40 am
Claire is young, that's her excuse but Nate? What a jerk.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:04 pm
Lot's of revelations in last night's episode and what did I tell you? David's acoster has shown up again and in a lineup for the last show of the season. He's pushed Keith to the breaking point in the meantime -- is Keith really for sale, though? The rich Hollywood producer seem to be selling his case for a minute there.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:54 pm
Yeah, that was a good one. I love what's happening with Claire and that wacko tortured artist ex-boyfriend of hers who wants his credit for his part in her art project.

Nate is in some deep ****, I think. Laughing

Are they going to show what happened to Lisa? Very interesting show.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 09:50 am
According to the preview, there is a revelation about what happened to Lisa and a confrontation.
Looks like this is heading for an explosive climax.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 09:31 pm
Claire seems to be heading for trouble with drugs (and possibly with Brenda's brother), George seems to be becoming more and more paranoid with his doomsday obsessions, Nate and David could keep a team of shrinks in business, and Brenda (of all people) seems to be becoming more normal. Ruth should go back and enjoy herself with the Kathy Bates' character because salvaging her marriage seems to be a hopeless proposition.

I can't believe the season is almost over. I wish there was more...much more.

Since Nate was Lisa's husband, I don't see how he could be in legal difficulty for substituting the ashes he gave to her family. He had a legal right to decide whether his wife should be cremated. No?
I also don't see how Lisa's family could legally get custody of Maya, or even make serious threats about it. They have no grounds (unless it turns out that Maya isn't really Nate's child and DNA tests prove that--but I don't think the writers will go in that direction).

I think David might do something really crazy. He seems on the brink.

Will Brenda deliberately get pregnant by Nate, whether or not he's ready?

I'm not sure I expect an explosive climax (you never know with this show), but I'm at least hoping for a good cliffhanger.

Oh, I don't want the season to end!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 08:32 am
I'm with you -- this season really picked up, bringing back floating storylines and characters with a good dose of conflict and tension. It hasn't lost it's humor although it came dangerously close. This could be the best of the last of the season thrillers I'll be knawing on my knuckles until the next (and considering the length of the hiatus, I won't have any fingers left).
0 Replies

AnnaStick

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 03:36 pm
Who Killed Lisa?
My bet is Brenda or her crazy brother.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 04:00 pm
Welcome to A2K, AnnaStick, but unless the writer's decide differently, Brenda's brother seems to be a much more likable character and not any crazier than the rest of the bunch. I haven't met anyone totally sane in my lifetime so if you have, life must be very dull.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 09:01 am
Many tantalizing what's-in-the-future storyline revelations makes this the best of the final season episodes. The suicide was "American Beauty" shocking twist, right out of left field.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 09:20 am
We weren't sure if there was going to be another season, but the finale sure was gripping! Please say there will be another season...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 09:26 am
Yes, there's another season:

http://www.hbo.com/sixfeetunder/
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 09:51 am
Oh man, that was good! Almost...poetic. A lot of blood. I did not expect Lisa's story to come to such a crazy conclusion. Claire is becoming quite the little bitch lately, huh? And her art teacher, Simon? That guy needs a very long and hard beating. He makes me sick.

And Ruth's hubby...definitely not right in the head. That might be interesting next season. And poor Rico. I was almost crying myself when Vanessa told him she wanted a divorce. And I loved how they brought back dad at the end for a heart to heart with David. All around, I thought it was excellent.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 09:58 am
Ahhh....a next season....not sure when we will get it here, but at least there will be one.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 10:36 am
This was the essence of what Alan Ball wants to expolore -- the ins and outs of the human psyche. Keeping in mind that he is hell bent on also being entertaining. Hard nut to crack.

I have a feeling with all the themes and relationships to explore, SFU will continue for another three seasons at least.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 10:52 am
We were discussing last night which characters we relate to most. Mrs. cav said David, and I said somewhere between Ruth and George. Shocked Man, this straightjacket hurts....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 10:54 am
I think I relate to Nate. I'm sure everybody can relate to him though.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:03 am
Nate is sort of a universal 'conflicted man' character. There are parts of him I can relate to as well. The thing is...the characters are so well-scripted, we can all probably relate to parts of each one of them.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:18 am
Exactly, cav. Ball has a knack for getting into all of the human foibles that are character flaws we hopefully all work on to improve. Put all these people together and you have the perfect imperfect person.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 11:21 am
It still shocks me I only got into the series a few months ago, but with the magic of reruns, I was able to see it from the start, and I am so hooked now.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 12:55 pm
I'm sorry, but Nate needs a good bitch-slapping. I did like the way they tied up the loose Lisa ends.
0 Replies