New Season of "Six Feet Under" starts tonight!

eoe

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 04:13 pm
Has there been a change in personnel? New writers or something?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 04:16 pm
Time does seem compacted although there is often long periods of real time left out between episodes. It was darkly funny like something we shouldn't be laughing about but can't help it. It don't think it was as much a weak episode as a pivotal episode for things to come. The lesser epidsodes of the series are still better than most of the best of network drama.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 04:28 pm
hmmm, patiodog.... I'll laugh anyway, just for you!!!

By the way.... I'm wondering if they're writing Ruth out of the show.....

The episode ended with everyone wondering where Ruth had gone.....

PaL
:-)
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 05:20 pm
Peace and Love wrote:
hmmm, patiodog.... I'll laugh anyway, just for you!!!

By the way.... I'm wondering if they're writing Ruth out of the show.....

The episode ended with everyone wondering where Ruth had gone.....

PaL
:-)

According to the preview for the next episode, Ruth went to her sisters and they are going on a 'Thelma and Louise' trip.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 05:37 pm
That's good news. Smile

That means more of Kathy Bates. Her character is so great in this show. Anytime she's involved, you know something pretty crazy is going to happen.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2004 05:44 pm
True dat!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 01:33 pm
That's what keeps this leagues above any soap opera despite what some perceive as soap opera trappings -- the great actors. The lives depicted on soap operas appear phony and without substance. The lives of those on SFU are real people and one forgets they are actors.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 03:21 pm
They'll never write Ruth out. She the finest actor on the show, and probably the roundest character. They better not get rid of her, at least.

As much as I like Rachel Griffiths, it wouldn't bother me to see Brenda written out. She's become pretty hopelessly one-dimensional.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 05:35 pm
Agreed, if Ruth goes the show falls apart.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 07:44 pm
Well, they couldn't possibly write Ruth out and I doubt Brenda either. She is due again to have a featured dramatic situation. I still find her an important character -- from the previews things are heating up.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2004 07:55 pm
What happened to her brother?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 07:57 am
Okay, the 'estranged' brother shows up, guess he isn't written out of the show yet...

David ponders Keith walking along and falling into Celeste's vagina, which got me thinking this is pretty much what happens to guys who walk near Brenda...

Beginning to look like Brenda and Nate are destined...what a train wreck..

The comic book skit was just way too predictable...

And Claire finally got her corn ground...sheesh

Still pitty the fools who are stuck watching network shows....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 08:25 am
Now that was a good episode. I loved the whole thing with david worrying about Keith "switching teams, and I thought the scenes with Rico and Ruth's husband (what's his name again?) were hilarious, especially the one where they were arguing about the portobello mushrooms. Great stuff.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 09:51 am
The return to the off-kilter, almost campy humor is a welcome return to the original inspiration for the series. I nearly fell of the chair laughing when David dreamed he was being seduced and his chest turned into breasts. I'd say some of the best dream sequences in the entire series -- the father showing up in the Dali-like nightmare was chilling. The arrival to the tacky motel in Rosarita Beach and the face-off over the cold Jacuzzi was also very funny. The serious parts culminated in Ruth's horse going lame and being done away with. It was quite a roller coaster ride.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 04:23 pm
Anyone see David go Mike Tyson on the loud mouth at the bar? Laughing

Geez....they write some good stuff for him.

Poor Rico, the X really hit him where it hurts but he's paying the bill for being stupid.

What about old crusty George breaking down.....boo hoo....

Guess Nate will be confronted about the 'ashes' and have to relive that nitemare again, eh.

Can't believe Claire hit on Edie.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 04:45 pm
Great episode -- things are coming together.

Clair didn't exactly have her faculties together at the party and Edie should have been sensitive to realize she's not so all together herself.

Yep -- oh, oh on the ashes being determine as not the right DNA. The preview revealed the mortuary business could get hit again with a monumental money problem, not to mention that they now know about Nate's reattachment. Very testy family problems there -- however, Nate has the upper hand as he can threaten they will never be able to see their grandchild again. We'll find out just how mercenary the grandparents and the family really are.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 06:40 pm
Quote:
Nate has the upper hand as he can threaten they will never be able to see their grandchild again.

Exactly my thoughts during the preview.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 06:56 pm
I'm wondering when Claire is going to sleep with Brenda's psycho brother.

I loved that phone call from Brenda's therapy patient. And I also loved David giving that guy a beating. I thought for sure when Keith came out the guy would be beating David up. Laughing
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:06 pm
If I'm not mistaken Claire slept with him once and he treated the incident like it was nothing, that was the end of that.

It's evident that she doesn't know what the hell she wants or that she wants only what is doomed to never work...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:18 pm
I think I remember that vaguely, now that you mention it. Yeah, she's sort of a mess, huh? Just a basic college kid. It looks like she's going to get some kind of gallery show though, according to the previews. That's going to be interesting.
0 Replies