New Season of "Six Feet Under" starts tonight!

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 06:00 pm
Just a reminder for all my fellow Six Feet Under fans. It starts in just one more hour!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 10,497 • Replies: 113
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 04:19 am
Okay, so I didn't sleep very well last night.

But...

What a final shot.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 07:17 am
I had a distinct feeling about the ending. Ball and Company don't pull any punches. I found the episode all pathos and rather too moribund but there seemed to be some hopeful storylines emerging even if they now seem confusing. I think they need to find their way back into the astute handling of black humor rather than the emotionally shocking stuff. Too many doses and we'll be the next on the list for the head of the program (incidentally, what happened to the person who died at the beginning of the show -- was I sleepy and missed something?)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:29 am
I loved it. I needed my fix bad though. This show is so damn good. LW, those were his ashes that they gave to Lisa's mother.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:15 am
Lightwizard wrote:
(incidentally, what happened to the person who died at the beginning of the show -- was I sleepy and missed something?)

*SPOILER ALERT*

A very clever work-in. You no doubt caught the fact that Nate gave Lisa's mother a box containing 'her' ashes; the name on the can he emptied into it (you saw it in the refuse) was Bruno, the young man who died in 1972 from an LSD-induced unintentional suicide.

Arthur the intern made a reference to "uncatalogued cremains" while Nate and David argued over the matter.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 12:44 pm
Okay, I knew the ashes were substituted but I didn't remember Bruno's name. Thanks, PDiddie.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 01:12 pm
What a great episode to begin the new season! It's like Tony Soprano passed the batton to Nate. Cool

The scene at the end when Nate was burying Lisa was a real tearjerker. What great acting.

I liked mom and her new hubby going at it on their wedding night keeping the whole house awake...LOL...couldn't they have gone to a motel on their wedding night? Embarrassed

I wanted to bitch slap Lisa's mom. And her dad...he couldn't be any more anal if he tried.

I think Claire is at her wit's end with men. I don't know why she told her ex boyfriend she had an abortion. He sat there and balled like a idiot when she told him.

I'm happy to see David and Steve give it another go. I hope they can make things work out this time.

When Rico went to the priest and confessed to getting a blowjob from a stripper...that was so weird. I can't imagine being catholic and having to confess my naughty deeds to a priest. The priest seemed a bit in awe of Rico's experience.

Nate making love to Brenda was such a creepy thing to do. I'm glad he realized that while doing the deed and stopped.

Last nights show highlighted why it's so important for people to pre-plan their funeral and burial wishes. When arrangements are left to the survivors to complete real conflicts develop. Many of those conflicts result in life long riffs and division.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 01:53 pm
Yeah, and Rico still has a roving eye and could have gotten into a car accident! Well, maybe some of the dark humor was still there -- it was just so gripping in its dysfunctional angst! David and Keith have to recognize that they are really both Alpha Males and that's not a good combination. David is not as whimpy as David or Keith think he is. They're going to have problems but if they didn't, it wouldn't be the show! Very Happy
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 02:39 pm
That last scene when Nate was screaming . . . my god that was powerful.

And I'm so glad that Rico's wife finally kicked that puta bitch sister of hers to the curb.

I can't wait to see what happens with Brenda and that new neighbor of hers too. It's so cool how even ancillary characters are so well-written and have their own stories going on. That's one of the keys to keeping the show so interesting, in my opinion. I also heard that the mother's new husband is going to have some interesting secrets that will come out this season . . . a potentially very interesting season.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 03:57 pm
kickycan wrote:

And I'm so glad that Rico's wife finally kicked that puta bitch sister of hers to the curb.

I can't wait to see what happens with Brenda and that new neighbor of hers too. It's so cool how even ancillary characters are so well-written and have their own stories going on. That's one of the keys to keeping the show so interesting, in my opinion. I also heard that the mother's new husband is going to have some interesting secrets that will come out this season . . . a potentially very interesting season.

The best acting/actors are on HBO, IMO.

The sister is a ungrateful mooch who needs to grow up.

Brenda's new neighbor is a hottie. I predict they'll be in bed on the next episode....doing something kinky no doubt LOL.

Mom's new husband is creepy. Jeesh, his own kids don't want anything to do with him.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 05:58 pm
kickycan wrote:

Don't tell me he has a pet pig that can herd sheep.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:06 pm
Lightwizard wrote:

Don't tell me he has a pet pig that can herd sheep.

LOL...no Lightwizard. I did read somewhere (can't remember where anymore) that there will be some S&M scenes this season. I betcha they're going to be between Brenda and the hot neighbor.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 07:04 pm
Go on, tell me I'm crazy for thinking someone would find that body. And that that van's got the world's longest-lasting battery.
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 09:50 pm
No way a human dug that grave, so precise yet somewhat small and quite deep. I thought that as the "day" turned into "night", about the car light battery. lol I have seen way too many movies and TV shows. I start overanalyzing the credibility of the scenes. So I let it go about the grave. It was a very powerful scene, and I cannot even imagine the horror of having to empty the body out of the bag she was transported in, especially considering the mangled condition they showed earlier in the program ... shivers....

>>> doglover, it's "Keith". David's on/off boyfriend is "Keith" not "Steve" - fyi. And I think lightwizard was talking about George's role as the farmer in the movie "Babe". That'll do, pig. That'll do.
Smile
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 05:08 am
buffytheslayer wrote:
No way a human dug that grave, so precise yet somewhat small and quite deep. I thought that as the "day" turned into "night", about the car light battery. lol I have seen way too many movies and TV shows. I start overanalyzing the credibility of the scenes. So I let it go about the grave.

This is called 'suspension of disbelief', and moviemakers are counting on your utilization of it in order to continue to profit on their franchise.

It's a handy tool when watching cinema, but it should be set aside when assessing your government's actions. Too many do not do this. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 07:47 am
A mortuary owner would be expected to dig a tidy hole but the super van battery is funny. It was a gut wrenching episode on the level of Alan Ball's murder scene in "American Beauty."
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 10:34 am
Jeesh buffy, I don't know what my fixation is with calling 'Keith'...'Steve'.

And missing the point about George in the movie 'Babe'.(which I've seen about 10 times)...goes to show how clueless I can be sometimes. Rolling Eyes Mr. Green
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 12:10 pm
That's okay, doglover, as I slavishly repeated your mistake and called Keith Steve. Duly corrected. He doesn't look like a Steve anyway.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 05:10 pm
To me he'll always be the crooked cop in L.A. Confidential (just like Mark Harmon will always be Ted Bundy).

Still think the body would be found -- and might become part of the plot. Nothing with a view and car access is unvisited for long in California. And there's coyotes in them thar hills.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 09:09 am
He's also been the President of the US in "The Sum of All Fears." He's really had a long filmography of small parts and I agree he was chillingly effective in "L.A. Confidendial." Will he turn out to be as nefarious in SFU?
0 Replies