plan to solve illegal immigration problem

wakeup

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 03:53 pm
what follows is a plan that i have given to every congressmen, every governor, and the president, on how to solve the illegal immigration problem, and reduce the cost of health insurance in the process.
within this past year, oklahoma has experienced a spanish language invasion. our atm machines are asking us if we want this in english or spanish, walmart and home depot are experimenting with bilingual labels, lowes has put spanish signs in its store in claremore ok, kaut43 has been airing spanish translation commercials, oeta13 has spanish shows on for preschoolers, drivers exams are being given in spanish, and my childs mathbook has a spanish glossary in the back of it. i'm fairly certain that if we wanted to live in mexico, then we would all move to mexico, including the hispanic population. i have contacted all these businesses about this, and their response is dismissive. i believe it is time to crack down on illegal immigration. no one has the right to enter our country illegally, and then invade our homes or our businesses with a foreign language. here is a plan that will make the vast majority happy.
first, we should use the military to protect the border. if necessary, we put up a secure fence with sensors. next, we spread the border patrol out around the country to be used as field enforcement. now, in the beginning, employers could keep their current workers, so that everyone would be happy. from then on, they would have to first check with the states unemployment office, and receive an authorization code before hiring a foreign worker. each foreign worker would be issued an id card at their expense, with id#, photograph, and electronic fingerprint. this card could possibly double as their drivers license. with proper security precautions and separate backup systems, we could use the states existing drivers license computers and simply put an 'm' in front of their id#, so that law enforcement could run checks on them. if they came in with a valid mexico license, then they probably wouldn't even need to take a test. now, the employer would be required to register this id#, by phone or internet, when hiring or terminating them. when field enforcement shows up at a job site, either randomly or when given information, they would electronically read the foreign workers fingerprint, and verify that the employer has registered them. any violations and the worker could be sent home on a dedicated emigration bus, and the employer could receive a large fine. if he doesn't want to pay the fine, then we could possibly impound his vehicle, or simply tell the worker that he will have to work for someone who will register him, or be sent home. now, we can send out a monthly tax bill to the employer of maybe 10 dollars per day, per foreign worker. they might receive a slight discount if they keep them continously registered for at least 30 days to minimize phone usage, computer time, and to make it easier on the employer. this plan will more than pay for itself with the taxes and fines collected, and the money left over could possibly go to the states hospitals to help recover their losses. this should eventually reduce the cost of health insurance. i believe that in the beginning, it might be wise to only reimburse them enough to meet their operating costs. currently, they are charging inflated rates simply because people cannot afford to pay them. after they readjust their rates, then it may be possible to completely reimburse them.
i realize that sometimes the employer will pass this cost on to the consumer. however, the beauty of this plan is that not only does it redirect money to the hospitals where it is needed, but it also levels the playing field by discouraging employers from undercutting the competition by hiring cheaper, foreign labor. this will encourage them to hire our own people first. we can increase the tax each year until it no longer becomes profitable for them to hire cheap help. people will not mind paying a little more at the grocery store or restaurant, when they realize all the benefits of this plan.
i also believe that it is important to send them home after 3 years, so that other young men might have the opportunity to experience America, and take back home with them what they have learned. the objective here, here is to turn mexico into America. not the other way around. in the future, we can even require them to pass a basic english test, before issuing a work permit. this will guarantee the success of this plan. Very Happy

this plan is so simple, even a monkey could implement it. Very Happy it gives them their own drivers license, not an American one, and allows them to stay for 3 years. just enough time for them to buy a used car and drive home. Very Happy contact your congressmen and urge your support for some version of this plan. thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,237 • Replies: 53
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 03:55 pm
I say quit being predjudiced, live and let live.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 04:07 pm
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness....supposedly guaranteed by both the Constitution and the Creator.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 05:50 pm
perhaps the soviet/east german IRON CURTAIN (or what remains of it ) could be shipped to the united states. no one should be allowed to enter or leave; what a wonderful world we are living in. hbg ... btw the soviet union/east germany both have perished in the meantime - internal decay, i'd say.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 06:09 pm
Wake up, you are a bit late....

Your opposition to immigration is an opposition of the United States. We are a nation of immigrants. If you hate immigrants you hate the very heart of America.

My family is a living example of this. Half of my family is mostly European. I have some Irish blood. We endured the "Irish need not apply" signs and religious persecution. My maternal grandmother was German. A family story tells how her mother was beaten for speaking her native tongue. Now we feel this is a loss.

But the other half of my family are recent Mexican immigrants. We come with the same dreams. The same desire to work. And sadly we encounter the same predjudice. And ... by the way ... we speak both English and Spanish. Many of my family have worked very hard to gain the knowledge of two languanges (you most likely haven't.)

Incidently there is a small branch of my family that is native American. They are the only people that have the real right to complain about immigration (after all, if you are European you are here due to "illegal" immigrants).

But the moral of the story is that America needs immigrants-- as we have always needed immigrants. Immigrants built this country. They provide new ideas and new cultures. They bring a spirit that revives the American dream and the will to work to improve their lives.

As far as Spanish goes -- you could always take a class.

But I got bad news for you. We are here! We work harder than you. We know math better than you. We are willing to learn new languages and cultures. Better yet, we don't have the sense of entitilement that many of you seem to have. We are willing to work for a job and earn our living.

Worst yet, many of us can vote!

Dios bendiga America!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 06:20 pm
That's tollin 'em ebrown.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 06:47 pm
is this about pilgrims landing at Plymouth Rock sans visas or only about darker skinned neighbors from the south?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 06:57 pm
Succinct yet again...
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 09:40 pm
Lets see. If I decide that I dont want to observe the speed limit I have the right to go as fast as I want to. This wouldent be breaking the law because I dont think the law is fair. Isent this what you are advocating by saying aliens have the right to cross our border anythime they want too. Makes it eaiser for terriosts to get over the border. Before long the terriosts will be able to bring explosives in by the truckload when the Bush administration make it legal for foriegn truckers to cross the border and go where ever they want in the US. Look at the two language system in Canada. It forments division. The french Canadians have been trying for years to form thier own government. What makes you people think that when enough Foriegners are established in the south west the same thing wont happen. If they want to cross the border they should learn english just like my ancestors had to when they came to this country. They should have to apply for citizenship just like my ancestors did. We want assimaliation into our society not establishment of a second society. This way lies evential civil war. Some Mexican government officials already are claiming parts of the US southwest as Mexican territory.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 10:01 pm
Good grief. The so called foreigners were here first. Read a little history and get a grip.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 04:42 am
Every few months somebody starts a thread bashing emmigrants. Surprise, they are still coming, they will keep on coming, they are people too.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 05:28 am
Rabel. This legalistic argument doesn't fly. Strict adherence to the law is not American. It is, shall we say, foreign.

1) Breaking laws for a good cause has always been a part of what it means to be American.

The founding of our country started with "illegal" acts. The tea party, for example, involved vandalism and breaking and entry.

The best moments of our country involved illegal acts. Rosa Parks broke the law refusing to give up her seat. The underground railroad that freed thousands of slaves was completely illegal. Yet these acts are now revered parts of American History.

Even your example is instructive. Go to your nearest interstate and drive 55 or 65 miles/hour (the current speed limit). Not only will you be the slowest car on the road, you will probably be honked at and perhaps given an obscene gesture from the multitude of "illegal" drivers who you are slowing down.

The vast majority of Immigrants today are here for two reasons. They want to provide a better life for their families, and to work hard to become a part of the American economy. That they are willing to break an inane set of laws to reach their dreams means they will fit right in with our culture.

2) The fear of Latin American immigrants driving explosives over the border has been exaggerated.

3) Canada is divided, eh?

4) You don't know your history very well. A great part of the southwest was once part of Mexico. The US stole it by force and then went back and paid a very low amount to make it look legit.

Have you noticed that "Tejas(Texas)", "Nevada" and "Colorado" have names given by Spanish speakers.

Spanish was spoken in North America before English was.

However most immigrants here work very hard to learn English-- their second language. Unfortunately, there is nothing they can do about your ignorance.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:03 am
clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclaclapclappclapclap
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:10 am
I respect the English language enough to spell "English" with a capital "E". I also spell "Spanish" with a capital "S".
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:40 am
Re: plan to solve illegal immigration problem
wakeup wrote:
this plan is so simple, even a monkey could implement it.

Or come up with it in the first place Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 09:48 am
More applause to ebrown..
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 01:03 pm
Re: plan to solve illegal immigration problem
wakeup wrote:
what follows is a plan that i have given to every congressmen, every governor, and the president, on how to solve the illegal immigration problem, and reduce the cost of health insurance in the process.

first, we should use the military to protect the border. if necessary, we put up a secure fence with sensors. next, we spread the border patrol out around the country to be used as field enforcement.

now, in the beginning, employers could keep their current workers, so that everyone would be happy. from then on, they would have to first check with the states unemployment office, and receive an authorization code before hiring a foreign worker. each foreign worker would be issued an id card at their expense, with id#, photograph, and electronic fingerprint. this card could possibly double as their drivers license. with proper security precautions and separate backup systems, we could use the states existing drivers license computers and simply put an 'm' in front of their id#, so that law enforcement could run checks on
them.

contact your congressmen and urge your support for some version of this plan. thank you

And then perhaps we could winnow the ranks of Americans to find the most loyal and issue them brown shirts and jackboots.

We could then allow them to go house to house looking for the 'racially impure' who we could throw into boxcars and send them home or to camps or something...

Or perhaps you think we should be like the one Texas state politician who's solution to the illegal immigration problem was to suggest drawing a line along the border and then shooting the first 50 Mexicans who crossed that line. Rolling Eyes

With your attitude, you seem like that type that would be the first to volunteer for the new American Einsatzgruppen.

It's those small steps that lead you to the edge and over the cliff before you know it.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 02:03 pm
Hear, hear, Fed!

Although I would be in support of a plan to take all the bad drivers I encounter every day and toss them in boxcars... but I digress.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 07:05 pm
Quote:
Your opposition to immigration is an opposition of the United States. We are a nation of immigrants. If you hate immigrants you hate the very heart of America.

*sigh*

Ahh, the inevitable "you hate immigrants!" straw man. I have no problem with immigrants (good thing, since I married one). My objection is with ILLEGAL ALIENS.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 07:30 pm
I knew Jarlaxle woul set us straight. Way to go, Jar. How many of us should be shot this time around?
0 Replies