Going on a first date with a girl

becurse

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 06:39 pm
Hey, I finally decided to ask this girl out that I really like. I am a bit nervous because this is the first date I have ever been on. I have a few questions to ask. First of all, we are going after college so would you compliment her? Like she isn't going to be dressing to impress because we are going straight after college. Also, how much of this 'gentleman' stuff would you do? Like people are telling me to pull her chair out for her but we are just going for a coffee? Would you say that was too much?

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 10:38 pm
@becurse,
It's never "too much" to act like a gentleman. Opening doors, pulling out the chair etc, narks you as a person who has good manners. That can only be a plus.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 10:46 pm
@becurse,
The idea of going for a coffee date is that it is informal fun and quick. It is a good way to get to know someone without the pressure of a full dinner date. Your goal should be to get to know her better, and to show interest (if you have interest) in her. In doing so you will let her know more about you. This will let both of you know if you want to dive into something deeper.

On a coffee date, I do the "gentleman stuff" as part of the fun, I don't take it too seriously. Tell a few stories, joke around a bit. Ask her a few questions and listen to everything she says with interest.

Generally the coffee dates I am on last under an hour (sometime less). When I decide I want to see a woman again after a coffee date, I tell her at the end of the date. This makes the phone call to set up the next date easier (because she will have already let you know she is interested).

Just keep it light and have fun.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 07:27 am
@becurse,
Don't treat her very differently than how you would treat someone you know.

Such as ...

If you pull out chairs for others in social settings, then do so.

Otherwise, don't try to BE something you aren't. Don't try to impress. Be yourself 'cause hopefully you're natural at being you. If you make jokes, continue...within limits of decency, etc.

The only exception would be ... if you're very quiet, find a way to ask and chat with her about what interests her . Get to know her through normal discussion ... not an interview.

Be yourself. Have fun getting to know one another. Forget it's a date (the best way that you can).
0 Replies

VitalPartners

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2015 04:51 am
@becurse,
Since it's your first date, you could be obviously engulfed by nervousness. You know her better and it's not necessary that you should compliment her but there are small things which you should follow. Yes, you can pull our chair for her, don't let conversation to be just one sided, avoid bad jokes, and just think about how you would make this date special and memorable one. If you know her very well, then don't act too formal!
0 Replies

MikeMorgan

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 01:17 pm
@becurse,
Hey Becurse. The best way to act around women is to be your authentic, normal self.

Don't do ANYTHING because she will like you for it. Let all your actions come from a place of 'what I feel like doing'.

Funny enough, this what makes women really attracted to men.

So if you feel like pulling out her chair, do it. If you particularly like anything about her, compliment it. But don't go over-board with the compliments.

Having a date with her is one thing, getting her attracted to you enough to sleep with you, or become your girlfriend is another.

I wish you luck.
0 Replies

fernandohernandez

Reply Mon 25 May, 2015 05:11 am
9 DUMB THINGS NOT TO DO ON A FIRST DATE

1 – Expect her to pay
2 – Take her somewhere super expensive
3 – Overinvesting
4 - Grill her
5 – Dinner and a movie
6 – Argue about facts or logic
7 - Brag about yourself
8 – Being negative
9 – Making a second date
0 Replies

BadBoysDating

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 08:46 pm
@becurse,
How's your date going, Matey? All your questions are too technical...the most important part of Dating is the basic mindsets...
0 Replies