Help hamster emergency

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 03:40 pm
My hamster is wiggling when he's trying to move and he cant even move hes struggling just to get some food but he dosent even have the strength to eat and i'm a bit worried it hurts a bit in my chest to see him like this he were perfectly energetic yesterday and now this? i dont know what to do is there anything i can do to help him?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 837 • Replies: 6
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by NoobInLife
oralloy

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 04:22 pm

Instead of waiting for a reply on a messageboard where no one will even be able to diagnose what is wrong, call your veterinarian immediately and get your hamster in to see your veterinarian as quickly as possible.

Think about it. If you were experiencing wracking chest pains, would you call 911 or would you come and post about it on a messageboard?

PS: I hope that, upon taking this advice, the result is a happy ending for you and your hamster.
NoobInLife

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 06:37 am
@oralloy,
Well the thing was that it was pretty late here (sweden) so i couldn't really go to a veterinarian since the buses stopped going and it was kind of far away so i were pretty desperate atm but yeah he's alright right now and is full of energy again and i'm really happy about it. and thank you replying Smile
oralloy
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 12:45 pm
@NoobInLife,
Even though you didn't have immediate transportation, you might have been able to call to make an appointment for the next morning, and also get emergency advice over the phone.

My veterinarian has an answering service, and if I have an emergency they will forward my call to the veterinarian no matter what time it is.

Even though everything looks normal now, I think an appointment with your veterinarian would be advisable. Maybe not an emergency appointment if everything looks good at the moment, but perhaps the first available non-emergency appointment.

If you don't know what caused last night's episode, then it is possible that this is only the beginning.
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 12:49 pm
@NoobInLife,
He still has desire for food but struggling to eat? Normally animals don't eat while sick. Strange. Is he like a funny guy and just pulling your leg? How old is he? You know they live and they die?
NoobInLife

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 09:32 am
@Eliusa,
Well yes, he's currently 3 and a half years old or something like that age so I've had him for a pretty long time and the thing was that it looked like he couldn't use his back legs and couldn't even stand to drink so i gave him some yogurt on a tiny spoon and he started licking it
Eliusa

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 10:30 am
@NoobInLife,
So how is he?
0 Replies