LOVE TIPS TO CONQUER MY WIFE

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 03:48 pm
Okay, so my wife and I have had a happy eight year marriage. I feel though that I haven't been there for her like I should be. Most of the time she just wants to talk to me and I shut her off, by reading, or by doing work at home. I want my wife to fall more in love with me. She tells me everyday that she loves me and I don't doubt that at all, but I want to be more attentive to her. I have been talking more to her, before I wouldn't, well I would but not like I should have. Now we talk like "besties". I get her more involved in things I read, hear at work, things that we both think are funny. And believe it or not things with my wife and I have been more fulfilling. I feel I know her more than ever now that we talk more than before.

My question is: What else can I do to romance my wife? She is the love of my life and our anniversary is coming up in a few months.

ANY TIPS ARE REALLY APPRECIATED!

This hopeless romantic is willing to do anything for the love of his life!

View best answer, chosen by larryglz
ossobuco

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 04:06 pm
@larryglz,
Listen back to whenever she has said she'd like to go somewhere or see or do something. It doesn't have to be expensive, just particular to something she has mentioned wistfully or wishfully.

What do you mean, conquer?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 04:22 pm
@larryglz,
Don't forget Valentines Day Wink a personal card would be nice. Single red rose.

Anniversary - Depends on money. Hiring a limo with a nice bottle of wine. Cook her a special meal, candles everywhere, flowers around everywhere. Air-balloon flight.

0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 05:03 pm
What about buying one large pot of black paint and one of white, setting up loads of blank canvasses around the house and having a '50 shades of Grey' evening.
0 Replies

larryglz

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 05:46 pm
Thanks for all the good tips! Speaking of fifty shades of grey, she read the books and now she is dying to go see it. I'm not really into that, but for her I will do it. Funny, but I was almost forgetting about Valentine's day! She loves me sending her things to her work, I think I will do that for Valentine's.
0 Replies

larryglz

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 05:49 pm
@ossobuco,
I was referring to conquering her back again. In Spanish it would be "conquistar, which means trying to impress or win her over or just make her fall in love with you all over again. I think that's what "conquer" also means in English, correct?

ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 05:54 pm
@larryglz,
osso's right. you have to listen to your wife, think about what she's told you, expressed an interest in.

people are all so different - we like different things.

if you took Foundy's advice and did those things to me I'd say "are you kidding? why did you do that". similarly, the things that would make me happy probably wouldn't turn Foundy or osso's cranks.
larryglz

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 06:00 pm
@ehBeth,
You are right, I should listen to my wife. The only thing she has asked me is to just talk to her and ask for her opinion on different things.
0 Replies

larryglz

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 07:10 pm
Also, I feel bad because she found some pictures on my phone of women off the internet. Pictures of women I think are attractive, they are fully clothed, but with their cleavage showing. I saved on to my phone and she looked at them while we were browsing my pictures together. I shouldn't have pictures of other women on my phone and the bad thing is that I hardly have pictures of my wife on my phone. This is the woman I love and sometimes I treat her badly. Since then I stopped doing that.

Sorry for venting, but sometimes you have to do that. Again, I'm still open for more tips on romancing my lovely wife.
jespah

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 07:29 pm
@larryglz,
Take pictures of her - and keep them on your phone. Since this has been a sore point, that will address the issue head on.

I'm with the listening, too.
larryglz

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 07:33 pm
@jespah,
Thanks, yes I've been doing that.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 07:59 pm
Holy Crap fella, delete those picture of other women on your phone. I'm beginning to think your pulling my leg.
larryglz

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 08:06 pm
@glitterbag,
I know, I'm a fool for keeping them on my phone.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 08:29 pm
@larryglz,
Sounds like you are worried she may leave you?

All of a "sudden" you are listening Smile And, good for you, don't go backwards, keep going forwards, get out more, hold hands, walk, smell the roses.
larryglz

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 11:06 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
BINGO. Yes truthfully I am scared she might leave me. But now we are closer than ever. You are right, I have to go forward and not backwards. Honestly, Ive been taking her for granted. I used to look at all her faults and I would never look at her good qualities. I would say "baby, you are the one taking me for granted", and she wasn't. She is devoted to our children and myself. Ive been selfish and cruel and Ive learned my lesson. Now I see what she wanted so long from me, she wanted to feel loved and wanted by me her husband.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 11:17 pm
@larryglz,
We can't be bought Smile It has to be real what you offer, give as gifts, do as a person, show.

We are allowed to make mistakes in life, it's what life is all about.

Look at some old photos together, laugh and keep going forward you'll do it.
larryglz

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 01:31 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Will do, thank you!

Tonight we had the best carnitas tacos ever!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 03:26 pm
@larryglz,
Sometimes it means 'wipe out the enemy'.
larryglz

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2015 04:06 pm
@ossobuco,
Very true but I didn't mean it in that context.
0 Replies

psychictiff

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2015 05:56 pm
@larryglz,
COURT her! Date her! Write her hand written notes! I loooove it when my hubby (if 20 hrs) does that for me! Notice when she points something ou when shopping, then get it for her. Anything attentive, makes us girls swoon.