Saddam shipped out his WMD?

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 11:40 am
Anybody know anything about this World Tribune? Who sponsors it? How credible is it?

Quote:
UN inspectors: Saddam shipped out WMD before war and after

SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM
Friday, June 11, 2004

The United Nations has determined that Saddam Hussein shipped weapons of mass destruction components as well as medium-range ballistic missiles before, during and after the U.S.-led war against Iraq in 2003.

The UN Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission briefed the Security Council on new findings that could help trace the whereabouts of Saddam's missile and WMD program.

The briefing contained satellite photographs that demonstrated the speed with which Saddam dismantled his missile and WMD sites before and during the war. Council members were shown photographs of a ballistic missile site outside Baghdad in May 2003, and then saw a satellite image of the same location in February 2004, in which facilities had disappeared.

Link to entire article:

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/breaking_1.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,522 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 11:51 am
Seems to tie in with this from Fox:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,122311,00.html

And oddly I found the link to Fox on the World Tribune site.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 11:52 am
See an earlier thread by BBB.

Frankly, I'd be damned embarrased to have posted that link except as a joke.

If you want the web site owner's AOL email and phone number I'll post it.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 11:57 am
I thought this was a moonie site.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 12:38 pm
Well unless asking an honest question is something to be ashamed for Craven, I remain unashamed.
I had not even heard of this 'publication' until somebody referred me to it this morning.

I did check it out and you are correct Aquiunck at least according to this source:

http://newyorker.com/talk/content/?030908ta_talk_mcgrath

I was struck by the professionalism of the Newyorker piece....truly objective giving facts and not giving any 'spin' to attempt to sway anybody to a particular impression of the subject discussed. That kind of reporting is rare these days.

I also poked around the World Tribune site a bit and it is intriguing. I suppose the reporting can be placed in the same category with Matt Drudge who sometimes reports before verifying, but who also includes so many good links to other sites you go there anyway to see what he dug up for the day.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 12:43 pm
I'll stick to Google's search for news topics -- these amateur self-promotional sites are a dime a dozen and not a good way to get information because of all the loose ends.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 12:46 pm
Google is fine if you know exactly what you're looking for and what key words to type in. I prefer other ways to search however for information that I wouldn't otherwise know to look for or what key words will call it up.

Also Google provides link after link after link to World Tribune and/or articles from it. In fact that's where I found the Newyorker piece.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 12:49 pm
The invasion of Iraq is even more tragic than I previously thought if this turns out to be true.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 12:51 pm
Well so far nobody seems to give it any credibility other than World Tribune. Smile
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 01:06 pm
perhaps we should ask Saddam, I am sure we can take his word on it after all we took bin laden's word that he was responsible for 9/11.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 01:10 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Well so far nobody seems to give it any credibility other than World Tribune. Smile

Maybe the National Inquirer will do a story on it next week.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 01:14 pm
Google also offers searches in its news service in addition to the regular search. A word or short phrase will bring up all news on a certain topic. However, if you're into fishing, World Tribune is like a black hole.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 01:16 pm
I saw the Nat Enquirer had a cover story about "Gay Aliens Found at crash site"
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 01:17 pm
How did they know they were Gay? Confused
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 01:23 pm
Acquiunk wrote:
How did they know they were Gay? Confused

They were exercising to Richard Simmons "Sweatin To The Oldies". :wink:
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 01:28 pm
I've known a lot of middle aged, potbellied straight people who have exercised to Simmon's tapes. No self-respecting gay would.

Maybe only the males have antennae and they were caught in the wrong hole?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 01:31 pm
apparently they were alien akeletons that were burned up in a crash and they were both males and were in a compromising position. Maybe one was a priest so it wouldnt have been so gay after all.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 01:31 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
I've known a lot of middle aged, potbellied straight people who have exercised to Simmon's tapes. Not self-respecting gay would.

Really? LOL. Well then, maybe the aliens were listening to Barry Manilow.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 01:33 pm
I know a lot of 50's plus straight females who love Barry -- no self-respecting gay would listen to him.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 01:33 pm
farmerman wrote:
Maybe one was a priest so it wouldnt have been so gay after all.

Pedophile aliens? Shocked
0 Replies