The Bride Of Christ

Kolyo

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 08:16 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
TheSubliminalKid wrote:

Do you think the Holy Spirit was in evidence at the Etihad last night?

Amen, sister.
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 09:17 am
@Lordyaswas,
That is the good thing about these bulletin boards. No one has to read them. And if you will notice I didn't go into someone elses board, I started my own. I offer the information, I don't push the information.
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 09:26 am
@Kolyo,
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/464325318-luis-suarez-of-barcelona-scores-his-second-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QUZqM0%2F9OEjtWtwsWoqEwe%2BNQQOHHs2JNwrlFcXlNu1ucpHPD%2FBXw5diD7bioFt0cg%3D%3D
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 12:02 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
You have got to be kidding
Jesus made it a point to associate with all sorts
TheSubliminalKid

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 12:21 pm
@neologist,
He didn't advocate violence. Or sell weapons for that matter. I thought the JWs had a great pacifist tradition, maybe I'm wrong.
neologist

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 01:05 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
I don't sell weapons. Most of the people who attend gun shows do not buy weapons. You should check one out some time.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 01:07 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
Jesus was a carpenter.
Do you think he might have owned a (shudder) knife?
Squeakybro

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 01:11 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,

Luke 22:36-38
36 Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.
37 "For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: 'And He was numbered with the transgressors.' For the things concerning Me have an end."
38 So they said, "Lord, look, here are two swords." And He said to them, "It is enough."
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 06:05 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeaks, has the spirit told you how to explain the "abomination" of Matthew 24:15 without consulting the 'OT'?
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 06:28 pm
@neologist,
I said
Again if it is in the new testament it is part of the new testament.

abomination of desolation

Doesnt anyone relate the temple to your body. The sanctuary to inside yourself. The stones to your beliefs and emotions. And the Holy Place to the kingdom of God. And Jesus return when one comes to the revelations of Jesus Christ.

Luke 21:5-7
5 Then, as some spoke of the temple, how it was adorned with beautiful stones and donations, He said,
6 "These things which you see-- the days will come in which not one stone shall be left upon another that shall not be thrown down."
7 So they asked Him, saying, "Teacher, but when will these things be? And what sign will there be when these things are about to take place?"
(NKJ)

Matt 23:28
28 "Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
(NKJ)

Luke 17:20-21
20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
21 "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."
(NKJ)

Heb 10:1

1 For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect.
(NKJ)

Luke 17:20-21
20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
21 "nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."
(NKJ)

Luke 16:15-16
15 And He said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is highly esteemed among men is an abomination in the sight of God.
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 24:15
15 "Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand),
(NKJ)

Rev 17:5
5 And on her forehead a name was written: MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
(NKJ)
neologist

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 07:19 pm
@Squeakybro,
So, you are not aware the 1st century Christians recognized this prophecy having its initial fulfillment in 66 CE, when the Roman army reached the temple. Discerning Christians saved themselves by fleeing to Pella.

How about its major fulfillment? Does the spirit say anything about that?
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 08:57 pm
@neologist,
I don't know what your talking about.
neologist

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 09:17 pm
@Squeakybro,
So the spirit doesn't tell you how to obey Revelation 18:4?
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 04:14 am
@neologist,

Rev 18:4
4 And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.
(NKJ)

The Spirit tells me that your full of guile. That your intent is trickery, not edification.

1 Pet 2:1
1 Therefore, laying aside all malice, all guile, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking,
(NKJ)

Rom 16:17
17 Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 08:41 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Rev 18:4. 4 And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.
(NKJ)

The Spirit tells me that your full of guile. That your intent is trickery, not edification.
Why hasn't the spirit told you what it is you are to come out of?
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 09:24 am
@neologist,
He told me that years ago. The ways of the world.

John 15:19-21
19 "If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
20 "Remember the word that I said to you, 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also.
21 "But all these things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me.
(NKJ)

John 17:12-14
12 "While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.
13 "But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves.
14 "I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 09:53 am
@Squeakybro,
While that is true, that is not Babylon the Great.
Squeakybro

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 12:13 pm
@neologist,
Babylon can be , pride, wealth, authority, self respect. A lot of different things.
neologist

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 10:00 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
Babylon can be , pride, wealth, authority, self respect. A lot of different things.
http://able2know.org/topic/268953-1#post-5897818
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 06:27 am
@neologist,
Are you looking for the Vatican in Rome?