The Holy Spirit Is Suppose To Convict You

Fri 27 Feb, 2015 07:17 pm

The Holy Spirit Convicts Us.

1 Tim 1:5
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 16:8-14
8 "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 "of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
10 "of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
11 "of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
Jude 1:15
15 "to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him."
Titus 1:9
9 holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict.
1 Tim 3:9
9 holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience.
1 Tim 3:14-16
14 These things I write to you, though I hope to come to you shortly;
15 but if I am delayed, I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in glory.
1 Tim 4:1-9
1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,
3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving;
5 for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
6 If you instruct the brethren in these things, you will be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished in the words of faith and of the good doctrine which you have carefully followed.
7 But reject profane and old wives' fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness.
8 For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.
9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance.
1 Cor 2:4-5
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
1 Cor 2:9-16
9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.
16 For "who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?" But we have the mind of Christ.
2 Tim 4:2-5
2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;
4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
(NKJ)
xxx The Holy Spirit is sent to convict you of sin. But if you sin there is unclean spirits in you. And they dont want you to hear the truth, because if you believe the truth they must leave you. So when you get convicted they will lie to you from inside you. If something you read in the Word of God arouses an emotion that is an unclean spirit.

James 4:6-8
6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble."
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
(NKJ)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,299 • Replies: 23
Topic Closed

Squeakybro

Sat 28 Feb, 2015 04:04 am

2 Cor 7:8-10
8 For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it; though I did regret it. For I perceive that the same epistle made you sorry, though only for a while.
9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing.
10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 28 Feb, 2015 07:52 am
Your English sucks--all you are is a witless automata who pukes up usually unrelated biblical verses. I suspect that when the verses to relate do one another, it's an accident.
Squeakybro

Sat 28 Feb, 2015 09:26 am
@Setanta,
lololo I have been sitting here all nervous and worrying that you wouldn't come in here and give your opinion. I guess I can stop worrying now.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Sat 28 Feb, 2015 09:54 am
@Setanta,
Set? Wouldn't you too want to watch the next big CBS police procedural spinoff, CSI: HSD (Holy Spirit Division) followed by the future Emmy and Golden Globe winning series CSI: Rabid Assault and Battery?

In that last apocalyptic-inducing franchise, Kirk Cameron plays Detective St. Denis who has to partner was Detective Joan St. Arc (portrayed by Michelle Bachmann). Of course her character will be stoned to death after the first episode by Detective St. Denis. I mean come on! Everyone knows that dem women are the source of all sin. It's in the bible, right? All women are sinful and devil worshipping horses ... (did I misread the bible there?).

Squeakybro? I'm sure you'll get executive producer status on these holiest of tv series.
farmerman

Sat 28 Feb, 2015 11:02 am
@tsarstepan,
Im innocent. I wasn't even there, Nobody seen nuthin, and they cant prove it.
Fuckin pigeons
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Sat 28 Feb, 2015 12:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
I don't watch them cop shows that's where satan throne is at.
0 Replies

neologist

Sat 28 Feb, 2015 01:29 pm
@Squeakybro,
I'll have to agree with Setanta. You post verses without clearly defining their relation to each other or explaining the lesson you wish to promote.

You butcher the English language without any interest in correcting mistakes when pointed out. What, exactly is your message?

Jesus told his disciples in Matthew 24:14 to proclaim the "good news". What "good news" are you preaching?
coldjoint

Sat 28 Feb, 2015 01:51 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Your English sucks-

Your attitude sucks. This thread doesn't need any input from you. Or the many other blowholes just like you.http://www.alien-earth.com/images/smileys/jesusvomit.jpg
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Sat 28 Feb, 2015 02:19 pm
@neologist,
I am demonstrating the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit only quotes verses. I am only planting seeds. For someone else to water. But only the born again will be able to water.

1 Cor 2:1

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 2:4-5
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 3:6-9
6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, you are God's building.
(NKJ)

neologist

Sat 28 Feb, 2015 02:37 pm
@Squeakybro,
So, you are not posting any of your own thoughts?
Squeakybro

Sat 28 Feb, 2015 04:36 pm
@neologist,
When one is born again to the Holy Spirit He becomes their reason for doing anything. Nothing can condemn you if your walking after the Holy Spirit.

Rom 8:1-2

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
(NKJ)

neologist

Sat 28 Feb, 2015 09:59 pm
@Squeakybro,
Oh, so you do assert, you are walking in accord with the holy spirit.
But, your posts so far have not demonstrated as much.

I'll touch briefly on the fact that your spirit will not communicate to us in standard English, thereby denying us a proper understanding.

But, particularly, that your spirit has not helped you identify the "the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication" (Revelation 17: 2,3)

And further identifies as a "great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth." (Revelation 17:18)

A city so great that it is further identified in that "the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies." (Revelation 18:3)

And you display your ignorance by saying "Babylon can be , pride, wealth, authority, self respect. A lot of different things"
See http://able2know.org/topic/266115-8#post-5897569
Setanta

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 01:00 am
This is more of Squeak's non-scriptural drivel than i've ever seen before. I come to the conclusion that he's a homegrown, self-made hill-billy preacher, and that babbling is a way of life for him.
0 Replies

Squeakybro

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 06:25 am
@neologist,
Are you looking for the Vatican?
neologist

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 09:31 am
@Squeakybro,
Many people say that. Why do you say that?
Squeakybro

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 11:33 am
@neologist,
I don't say that but the evidence can go there. I haven't decided yet.
neologist

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 02:44 pm
@Squeakybro,
OK, but consider the scope of Babylon the Great's influence. All the nations, merchants, sea captains. . . .
Prehaps the Vatican is but a frame in the movie. . .

Squeakybro

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 03:11 pm
@neologist,
The catholics cover the world.
neologist

Sun 1 Mar, 2015 06:07 pm
@Squeakybro,
But not all governments