The Bride Of Christ

neologist

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 09:36 am
@Squeakybro,
Interesting. Why would you say so?
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 11:32 am
@neologist,
Although the evidence can go there, I haven't made up my mind yet. There is a milk understanding and a meat understanding of every verse.
neologist

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 02:38 pm
@Squeakybro,
There is definitely a religious aspect, as evidenced by references to weddings in 18:23. But does it seem reasonable to confine your suspicion to the Vatican? Alexander Hislop, in The Two Babylons would have us believe as much. But look further.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 03:13 pm
@neologist,
I have no idea of who Alexander Hislop is. But like I said I haven't made up my mind yet.
neologist

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 06:05 pm
@Squeakybro,
You might wish to peruse his work. It was written in 19th century and is controversial, not necessarily accurate in conclusion, but generally spot on in research.

Available free on line. You can probably google his research on Madonna, crucifix, trinity, etc. Then you will have to compare with other docs. He was a Lutheran minister, BTW.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 07:13 pm
@neologist,
I don't study other peoples opinion. I haven't read another book besides the bible in 40 years.
neologist

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 07:37 pm
@Squeakybro,
At least you might get some insight about Melchizedek, mentioned several times by Paul in Hebrews.

And he provides good info you can check elsewhere about the pagan practices and beliefs that wolves brought into nominal christendom as prophesied by Paul in Acts 20:29
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 09:04 pm
@neologist,
I stick close to the rules of believing. Not to even think beyond what is written. And don't add one thing to it or take one thing away from it.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 04:42 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Jesus was a carpenter.

Richard or Karen?
Squeakybro

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 08:53 pm
@izzythepush,
If your trying to make a point you missed.
Smileyrius

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 01:00 am
@Squeakybro,
I think it was a pop culture reference
http://www.zoomerradio.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/the-carpenters.jpg
neologist

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 01:14 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeaky. You really ought to do something about this guy:
http://able2know.org/topic/269537-1#post-5901352
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 02:06 am
@Smileyrius,
Remember squeaky is struggling with half a brain. That's why Satan chose him to make Christianity appear ridiculous.

And if we are talking about supernatural influence as opposed to delusion, you have to admit that's a far more plausible theory.
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 09:31 am
@izzythepush,
I said
lololol It only appears that away to the blind. Which you have just admitted you are one of them.

2 Cor 4:2-4
2 But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
(NKJ)

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 09:36 am
@Squeakybro,
The only thing I've admitted is you're pretty thick. The Bible says a lot about Jesus, I don't think is says he was a semi literate dimwit. If it does, you might be in with a shout, but all your rants do, as the Christians have already pointed out, is harm Christianity.

You're the one who's blind if you think you're anything other than a slightly backward hick with delusions of grandeur.
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 11:14 am
@izzythepush,
lololo You would have persecuted Jesus also.

John 15:20-22
20 "Remember the word that I said to you, 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also.
21 "But all these things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me.
22 "If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin.
(NKJ)

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 12:58 pm
@Squeakybro,
No that would be you.

How on Earth am I persecuting you, you overly melodramatic attention seeker?
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 02:43 pm
@izzythepush,
You said
You're the one who's blind if you think you're anything other than a slightly backward hick with delusions of grandeur
Squeakybro

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 02:46 pm
@izzythepush,
You said
No that would be you.

How on Earth am I persecuting you, you overly melodramatic attention seeker?

I said
The things I post are for born again Christians. You have admitted your not a Christian. Your on a board that you don't believe in. You have no business on this board.
I would say your the No that would be you.

How on Earth am I persecuting you, you overly melodramatic attention seeker
timur

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 02:51 pm
@Squeakybro,
Adressing Izzythepush Squeakypig wrote:
You have no business on this board.

You are an illiterate dumbass to assert such stupidity.
0 Replies