Why in the world would Einstein suggest....

layman

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 07:09 am
@dalehileman,

Some excerpts, Dale:

Quote:
Dr Peter Hayes is senior lecturer in politics at the University of Sunderland. In his latest paper ‘The Ideology of Relativity' Dr Hayes argues that Albert Einstein's theory of relativity - perhaps the most famous scientific theory in history - should be viewed as an ideology, not as a science. He argues that its impact on popular culture and science has been so influential precisely because as a scientific theory it doesn't actually make sense...

A famous flaw in Einstein's theory is the Clock Paradox. This states that if one clock travels in a spaceship, while the other stays on earth, when the clock in the spaceship returns it will show that less time has elapsed than the clock on earth. This prediction violates Einstein's own ‘principle of relativity', which states that if you are on the spaceship it should be the clock back on earth that slows down. This is a criticism that science has never been able to satisfactorily resolve....

[Hayes says]: "Precisely because Einstein's theory is inconsistent, its supporters have drawn on contradictory principles in a way that greatly expanded their apparent ability to explain the universe. Most crazes die out when it becomes obvious that they were overblown. The amazing thing about Einstein's theory of relativity is that it has kept going. It is built on contradictions, but these very contradictions means that almost anything ‘proves' that it is right. It is a bit like a theory where you say 1 + 1 = 2, but also that 1+ 1 = 3."

http://www.alphagalileo.org/ViewItem.aspx?ItemId=57659&CultureCode=en

Interesting thesis.

"...its supporters have drawn on contradictory principles in a way that greatly expanded their apparent ability to explain the universe." With the emphasis being on "apparent," eh?
parados

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 08:01 am
@layman,
Quote:
2. Theories of motion which do not impose this artificial and very dubious requirement on observers make all the same predictions, just as well, as does SR. "Relative simultaneity" is by no means required to explain relative motion. SR cannot be said to be superior on the basis any experimental findings or other empirical grounds. SR is not a "proven fact."

So you are arguing that Newton's theory predicts the orbit of Mercury correctly?

http://physics.ucr.edu/~wudka/Physics7/Notes_www/node98.html
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 08:08 am
@layman,
Interesting how you completely ignore part of the theory of relativity which deals with mass and how it affects time. I wonder why you left that part out?

Quote:
Clocks that are far from massive bodies (or at higher gravitational potentials) run faster, and clocks close to massive bodies (or at lower gravitational potentials) run slower. This is because gravitational time dilation is manifested in accelerated frames of reference or, by virtue of the equivalence principle, in the gravitational field of massive objects.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_time_dilation

To claim that the clock paradox is violated when you ignore the theory of general relativity is not proof of anything other then you don't understand relativity.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 09:20 am
effects time??? HILARIOUS!!!!

parados

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 09:24 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Thanks for the humor Humpty. Words mean whatever what you want them to mean.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 09:40 am
yep!

effects time??? HILARIOUS!!!!

The scientist even don't know what time IS! It is HILAROUS to see them talking about effecting time!! LOL, It is sooooooooo funny too watch! Really!

Lok at all he extremely stupid things they say!: contracting and effecting time. Curving of space. Contraction of length!!!

It is all soo hilarious!

But forgive those madmen, they don't know what they are doing. Wink

parados

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 09:44 am
@Quehoniaomath,
You continue to be Humpty and misuse words. (Or should we call you a madman?)

Here, let me help you understand what you are doing:
http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/style-and-usage/affect-effect-grammar.html

0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 09:57 am
just look at those idiot's!!!

As I have said before. There is NOTHING, NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING that came out of 'our modern religion ehh oeps sorry , science!

They do their work for a salary and that is the end of the story!
All that shite is made so they can eat. There is NO OTHER purpose.
layman

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:12 am
@parados,
The things you are bringing up belong to another theory, general (not special) relativity.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:13 am
@layman,
doens't matter, they are both rubbish!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:23 am
@layman,
From your post....

Quote:
Albert Einstein's theory of relativity
Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:27 am
@parados,
How to talk about something that is rubbish and shite!

unbelievable!

start studying the work of REAL geniuses, Not this village idiot called ein-stein!

dalehileman

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:33 am
@layman,
Thanks Lay for that summary
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:37 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Does my proposed hypothetical address the question...
If no trouble, Ora, you might send a link to the posting that best describes it

The last link was (apparently inadvertently) to the very posting containing it
parados

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:37 am
@Quehoniaomath,
The problem Humpty is that there is nothing to study when it comes to your genius. All I can do is wait for all the horse's to come and put your ass back together.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:40 am
@layman,
Thanks Lay for that summary
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:42 am
@parados,
Quote:
To claim that the clock paradox is violated when you ignore the theory of general relativity is not proof of anything other then you don't understand relativity
Para, forgive an old guy for not scrolling back; but I wonder if you'd explain in a few words suitable to the Avenge Clod (me) why the Twin Paradox doesn't call SR into q
parados

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:49 am
@dalehileman,
http://www.sparknotes.com/physics/specialrelativity/applications/section2.rhtml
dalehileman

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 12:00 pm
@parados,
Thanks Para for that link, I'll read it thoroughly. Meantime however

Quote:
...but when B is accelerating the A's clocks run faster to such an extent that the overall elapsed time is measured as being shorter in B's frame

I see two unresolved problems: (1) The effect of acceleration on a distant clock has been addressed above several times, some perfectly rational SR respondents denying that it can have any such effect and (2) what if B instead circumnavigates the Universe so he undergoes no second shift of frames

parados

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 12:08 pm
@dalehileman,
When you read my link it should become clear.

Quote:
Since B's route involves acceleration, her frame cannot be considered an inertial reference frame and thus none of the reasoning applied above (such as time dilation) can be applied. To deal with the situation in B's frame we must enter into a much more complicated analysis involving accelerating frames of reference; this is the subject of General Relativity.

Quote:
(2) what if B instead circumnavigates the Universe so he undergoes no second shift of frames
How do you propose that B is able to circumnavigate the universe without changing direction which would require an acceleration and thus bring GR into play?