Putting to Rest A Popular Conservative Falsehood

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 01:54 pm
A widespread rightwing calumny against the Former Chief Executive and his spouse, The Junior Senator From New York, alleges the two are a couple in name only, and do not even sleep in the same room. Below, from today's Reagan Funeral Ceremony at The National Cathedral, is incontravertable proof that simply is not true.

http://www.drudgereport.com/rrbc.jpg

EDIT (several times - timber): SpellCheck would be my freind if only I'd let it be Embarrassed
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,026 • Replies: 18
No top replies

L R R Hood

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 01:56 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 01:57 pm
Obviously overcome with grief...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 02:08 pm
Probably listening to Dubya's eulogy.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 02:26 pm
Even asleep, Bill has a smirk. He's probably thinking about that time in 96 when they had the orgy right there in the rotunda, after hours of course...
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 04:28 pm
LOL
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 04:40 pm
The least that those two could have done was to pretend that they were interested. If they had no interest in respecting the dead president, they should have stayed home. Gives you some insight into both their characters!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 04:41 pm
An orgy in the rotunda? Wouldn't that be a hoot! It'd be the only time anyone ever had any honest-to-God fun there. What a terminally serious place that is. It could do with a little frivolity after hours.

Ah, mystery solved. No wonder Bill and Hillary had their eyes closed. They had to sit next to Dubya and Laura.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 04:45 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
The least that those two could have done was to pretend that they were interested. If they had no interest in respecting the dead president, they should have stayed home. Gives you some insight into both their characters!

Either that or it shows that still photography can capture snapshots that are misleading (especially when biased interpretation of them follows).
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:53 pm
CdK makes a valid point re still photography's ability to "capture the worst" ... and an equally valid point re biased commentary. Honestly, I did watch the ceremony, and there were numerous camera grabs showing The Former Firsts in less-than-flattering aspect, while other views showed the two to be respectfully attentive (though The Senator definitely conveyed an attitude of "I wish I were somewhere else", IMO). I freely admit taking a cheap shot ... but it was just too rich to resist Twisted Evil
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:55 pm
Isn't that the Fords resting behind the Clintons? I guess they have no character either.

Oh, they're having a moment of prayer/reflection?

Yes, I thought that's what you'd tell me.

Good grief.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:57 pm
(I'll admit I had to check the White House site to confirm the Ford's are alive.)
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 06:01 pm
I thought your joke was funny Timber, I was surprised to see it apparently taken seriously for use in political axe grinding.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 06:05 pm
So the next time someone says "Let us pray." I'm keeping my eyes open.

J
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 06:09 pm
Oh, and I thought your joke, timber, was funny.... Cool
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 06:27 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Jesus Louise.

It is not ENTIRELY known, for instance, for people to PRAY at funerals.

Or for there to be a moment of silence whil epeople think of the deceased.

hence Bill's small smile.....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 06:29 pm
Funerals which one does not wish to attend are, indeed, taxing.

I may add that I recently had to have a mug shot taken for ID at work.

FOUR of the shots showed me blinking, and hence looking deeply asleep. I was tired. Only one had my eyes open.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 06:30 pm
It is a GREAT shot, Timber!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 07:35 pm
It is silly that axe-grinders would take this sorta thing seriously, particularly given the headline and commentary of the topic post. This prolly oughtta get moved to "Jokes" Laughing

What the heck. As mentioned earlier, any one photo may or may not "tell the story"; just for a little more detail here are a couple more punchlines.

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10156/billasleep.jpg

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10156/normal_Clinton_nap02.jpg

And for those who might be interested, Here's a 3.7MB .avi
that is amusing.
0 Replies