A Call for Intelligent Respectful Discussion

maxdancona

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 06:10 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Hmmm Can I take that as a 'no' vote against civility Andrei?
Olivier5

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 06:55 pm
@maxdancona,
Oral has a lot of homework to do. I take his gleaful evocations of babies in flames and of the profanation of a particular murder victim's corpse as worthier of contempt that any personal insult. These are insult against humanity as a whole, more toxic to A2K than any personal attack.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 07:20 pm
@Olivier5,
I am not aware of these posts from Oralloy, but I don't think they change the principle. If someone behaves in a way you consider inappropriate, you can challenge the behavior without personal attacks.

Calling someone stupid does no good. Insulting someone is not a good way to change behavior and does damage to the discussion as a whole.

The pages and pages of personal insults on threads that don't contain anything about "babies in flames" don't help anyone, and they make intelligent discussion nearly impossible.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 07:33 pm
@maxdancona,
But baldi goes way beyond the comprehension of the simplistic of concepts - even when we repeat facts about almost everything. He's not capable of learning anything new - ever; until he's dead. He's already brain dead.

I always thought death was when the brain quit functioning, but he proved this theory to be wrong.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 09:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Cicerone,

The personal insults you are making toward fellow Able2Know members aren't good for you, for them, nor for the community at large. I don't believe that anyone is incapable of learning anything, nor do I believe that anyone posting here is brain dead (a possibility that seems scientifically impossible).

All these insults do is make intelligent discussion here nearly impossible.

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 09:34 pm
@maxdancona,
Please IGNORE me. I don't really care what you think of me. SHOO!
The one thing I hate most is censorship. Got that?
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 09:35 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Hmmm Can I take that as a 'no' vote against civility Andrei?

No, not necessarily. But I do believe in calling a spade a spade. cicerone imposter may be a tad blunt at times but his judgement is generally sound.
oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 09:40 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
So what? He's still a dumkopf.

I remind you of the fact that my IQ is about a billion times higher than your IQ.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 09:45 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Lustig Andrei wrote:
So what? He's still a dumkopf.

I remind you of the fact that my IQ is about a billion times higher than your IQ.

I doubt it very seriously, sonny. Very, very seriously.
oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 09:48 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
I doubt it very seriously, sonny. Very, very seriously.

You are, once again, very very wrong. Intellectually speaking, you're little more than bacteria compared to me.

But don't take this as "me calling you stupid". As ordinary people go, you are certainly on the smarter side of the spectrum. But just remember to stay in your place.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 09:51 pm
@oralloy,
Why do you tout your stupid opinions as "facts", Oral? Surely you know the difference.
oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 10:06 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I am not aware of these posts from Oralloy,

Both are a result of the Amanda Knox case. The "babies in flames" thing was just me saying that the US Air Force should bomb Italy. It was just a general expression of justified outrage against the horrendous atrocity that Italy continues to commit against two innocent people. It was little different from the commonly-heard calls to bomb any other country that is currently doing something totally unacceptable.

The thing about "profanation of Meredith Kercher's corpse" could refer to any number of things. My signature line for instance, which is a call for people to act out in the interests of justice.

90% of the objections that people have against me relate to my vigorous defense of innocent people, so the Amanda Knox case is likely to come up over and over again whenever talking about "why people don't like me".

Personally, although I'm agnostic, if I find my soul being judged after I die, I'll be quite happy to be able say that I relentlessly spoke out in defense of the innocent. These other guys who relentlessly persecute the innocent.... well, things might get a bit ugly on judgement day.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 10:09 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
Why do you tout your stupid opinions as "facts", Oral? Surely you know the difference.

You have a big mouth, but I note your complete and utter failure to challenge even one of my facts as untrue.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 10:18 pm
@oralloy,
They're all untrue; you have never supported your opinion from "any" outside (your brain) source: NEVER!

Look up the word "never" in your dictionary if you have one.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 10:42 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
No, not necessarily. But I do believe in calling a spade a spade. cicerone imposter may be a tad blunt at times but his judgement is generally sound.

All CI ever does is run around spewing name-calling. Hard to see how an endless spew of name-calling involves any "judgement".
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 10:43 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

Do you have proof of this statement besides your opinion which is worth exactly nothing on this site.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 10:50 pm
@RABEL222,
2 Cents I think it's some degrees less than nothing.
0 Replies

jft2

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 11:02 pm
@maxdancona,
I see from today's newspapers that a Repug senator is flying against the truth of global warming and the impact that the human race has had on climate, for about the last 150 years.

" Climate is changing and climate has always changed and always will,” Inhofe told the Senate. “The hoax is that there are some people who are so arrogant to think they are so powerful they can change climate. Man can’t change climate.”

I doubt that Inhofe will respond but where does he think all the heat goes that we generate from burning all fossil fuels for the past century and a half.
Prior to the 1850s, all our population, then about 4 billion, burned were wood, peat and dry grass but since then we have move on to burning large amounts of coal, huge amounts of oil & natural gas and the heat created has to have gone somewhere, as we are in a closed system in the planet.

We should all await Sen. Inhofe's response with patience.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 11:08 pm
@RABEL222,
This is what I'm talking about,Rab, when I say that all Oralboy ever posts is his opinions and pretends that they are facts. And, I believe. he actually expects most of us to buy this tripe. Sad, really.
oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 11:43 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
Oralboy

The fact that your only argument is childish name-calling says more about you than it does me.

Lustig Andrei wrote:
ever posts is his opinions and pretends that they are facts.

Your failure to challenge even one of my facts, continues.

Lustig Andrei wrote:
this tripe.

Funny how you are unable to ever challenge anything that I actually say.

Lustig Andrei wrote:
Sad, really.

What is sad is that you have nothing to offer other than childish name-calling.