A Call for Intelligent Respectful Discussion

FBM

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 01:30 am
Intelligent and respectful discussion, eh?

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/stabbing.gif
RABEL222

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 12:54 pm
@FBM,
Is that guy stabbing someone in the back?
FBM

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 09:01 pm
@RABEL222,
It's a cute bunny. And I guess it's up to your imagination what's going on there. I see an "intelligent, respectful discussion." Wink
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 10:17 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

LMFAO that one made my evening ! Wink
FBM

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 12:03 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Heh heh heh...
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 08:22 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

FBM wrote:

LMFAO that one made my evening ! Wink

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/calm-down-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif
0 Replies

Susmariosep

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 04:28 am
@maxdancona,
Let you and me have an intelligent respectful discussion.

Here is my concept of God, in concept God is the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

Tell me what you think about my concept of God?

Do you have one?
RABEL222

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 04:09 pm
@Susmariosep,
Try the religion sites. Lots of God discussions there. This is politics, nothing God like here.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 06:11 pm
@Susmariosep,
I probably will intelligently and respectfully disagree with your concept of God.

Actually I have a religious background as a Bible believing Christian. At one time I was training for the ministry.

I changed my mind about God, I am now an atheist.

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 07:30 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I probably will intelligently and respectfully disagree with your concept of God.

Actually I have a religious background as a Bible believing Christian. At one time I was training for the ministry.

I changed my mind about God, I am now an atheist.

So you are saying you went from blindly guessing there was a god...to blindly guessing there are no gods?
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 07:41 pm
@maxdancona,
Just going from memory, but you always seemed reasonable and respectful, even when you disagreed with me and others. The mild barbs & sarcasm you did engage in are all part of internet banter, don't sweat it.

The ones who took those as deep personal insults are all pussies. I'm Joking!!! sort of..
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 6 Oct, 2015 07:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Sure Frank. I don't have a problem with that.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 02:27 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Sure Frank. I don't have a problem with that.

Thank you, Max.

A (multi-part) question, if I may...a question I truly mean to be respectful and to further intelligent discussion:

Why not the the more logical step of not making a guess...of acknowledging that the "evidence" for or against the existence of gods is so ambiguous, it cannot be used to make a meaningful guess?

Why not the designation "agnostic" rather than "atheist"...since "atheist" can so easily be confused to designate someone asserting there are no gods?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 04:08 am
@Frank Apisa,
Ever the evangelist Frank.
JLNobody

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 11:13 pm
@izzythepush,
I guess Frank has helped me to conclude that I am an atheist in the passive sense that my worldview contains no theos. But I am not an anti-theist in the sense that I oppose the worldview of tolerant theists.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 11:26 am
@JLNobody,
I am an Atheist in the active sense. I worship Atheos (the God that doesn't exist).
JLNobody

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 09:30 pm
@maxdancona,
I used to say that an atheist is one who believes in a no-god and worships him. LOL
0 Replies

Susmariosep

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 06:43 pm
@maxdancona,
I also want to have intelligent respectful exchange of ideas with people who are intelligent and respectful.

The trouble is that thee are forums which are fanatically attached to a particular ideology, and their adherents can engage in all kinds of foul behavior and get away with it; but when the powers that be notice that members who are not into the ideology of the owners of such forums are doing very well in advancing according to truths, facts, and logic an idea in issue contrary to thers, these powers will make life impossible for them, the intelligent and respectful posters, even to the extent of banning such intelligent and respectful posters who are making a good case in advancing the affirmative cause of the issue.

So, I address maxdancona, are you interested in discussing with me the issue of God existing or not, intelligently and with mutual respect?

Please come to my thread on critical thinking on the existence of God.
0 Replies

Susmariosep

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 08:19 pm
To maxdancona and everyone who desire to engage in intelligent and respectful exchange, please go to my thread on Critical Thinking on the Existence of God.

0 Replies