So, let's see - you -
- Occasionally kiss and fondle/are fondled by this guy (unless you have some other definition of 'making out')
- But you both stop it
- You don't date
- But you're pals
- When you try to date other people, this guy gets jealous
- When he tries to date other people, you get jealous
- You are hoping that magical hint-dropping will help him to see the light
- And he doesn't want anyone to know about your making out
Honey, except for the no-sex thing, he's got it good
. You are wrapped around his little finger. You are available in case he wants to kiss, etc. You jump back in line if you date someone else and he get jealous.
He doesn't have to spend a dime on you, or introduce you to his parents, or possibly lose his fooling around time with other girls.
As for the no sex thing, I bet he doesn't want that to last for much longer.
So, what to do - if you really want things to change, you can always tell him that you only kiss people who are unashamed of you. People who will go on dates with you, and not just mess around. People who will be public about their status with you.
He may balk. In fact, I can pretty well guarantee that he will. And then you will see where you really stand with him. #8 on my list is huge. You're right to be concerned about it.