I need to bring my a2k family up to date

Olivier5

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 08:38 am
Take it easy, Tak, and recover soon. Better that it happened at home rather than in one of your farflung travels... And thanks for letting us know.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 08:38 am
Sorry to hear this, Tak. I noticed your absence, but since I had mentioned Spendius and David being gone recently, decided to just sit it out until you reappeared. I just felt you would.

Spendius and David are still among the missing.

We's gettin' olda...and the parts start to complain. I need a serious tune up and oil change myself.

Get well...and stay well.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 08:42 am
@cicerone imposter,
Every good wish to you (and keep us updated).
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 09:14 am
@PDiddie,
For all who sent a message; thank you!
Just for those who have followed my blogs,, I tried to complete my blog on Spain and Portugal before my attempt at working on the Caribbean Cruise three days before the Spanish Inquisition tour.
I'm not sure when I'll be able to continue the latest blogs, but here's the aMadrid http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/c.i.222/1/1418154449/tpod.html
engineer

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 09:23 am
Glad to hear you came out the other end in good spirits.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 09:34 am
@cicerone imposter,
Take care of yourself, Tak.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 09:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
Tak! What a few weeks! I'm glad you've got improvement going on, and so glad you have access to Kaiser. They rock. Give Lucy an extra hug from me. I remember first meeting you, along with her, in San Francisco. P.Diddie and Mrs. PD were on that 2004 trip too, and Bernie and Jane and Dys and Diane and JJorge.. Good times.

Spanish Inquisition, an apt name for this health event. I'll be looking at your Madrid photos today.

Hang in their, kid.

Jo
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 09:47 am
@cicerone imposter,
I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a rough time lately. I hope it will all be easier going forward. Glad to hear you're receiving excellent care! That, along with the support of your family and many friends, makes all the difference. Please take good care of yourself and get lots of rest. I hope to see you again one day! (((Hugs)))
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 09:55 am
@cicerone imposter,
Oy. Glad to read you're on the mend. Whew.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 10:42 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
I tried to complete my blog on Spain and Portugal before my attempt at working on the Caribbean Cruise three days before the Spanish Inquisition tour.

That's unexpected.
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 10:43 am
@izzythepush,
Noooooo-one expects...... oh, never mind.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 10:47 am
Sorry to hear you've been at the mercy of nurses, ci. They're damned ruthless once those rubber gloves get snapped on, aren't they!

Part of your contract with A2K is that you supply us with stories from at least ten countries a year, so please get your finger out and get well asap, as January has almost been and gone and you haven't been anywhere yet.

Nice to hear you're on the mend, mate.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 12:21 pm
Tak, I'm sorry to hear about this troubling health news. After you get some rest, will you tell us more about what happened and your prognosis?
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 12:23 pm
All the best to you, CI. Glad to see you're on the mend.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 12:23 pm
@littlek,
Sure, but please be patient. My progress is slow but mostly uphill.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 12:30 pm
Oh, C.I., I am so sorry that the New Year got off to such a rough start for you health-wise. If it had to happen, it's good that it did when you were back home and with access to great nearby medical care.

It's good to hear that the prognosis is positive and that your spirits have improved. Now just keep resting, and resting, to get your strength back, and know we'll all be rooting for you, and waiting for you to feel well enough to post more often and let us know how you are progressing.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 01:56 pm
Tak, I add my wishes for a quick recovery from your health issues.
You may recall that I met you at an A2k gathering in Chicago. That was probably eight years ago; maybe ten.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 02:01 pm
@realjohnboy,
Hi; good to hear from you. And, yes, I remember the meet in Chicago when we met at Mike's.
dlowan

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 02:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Damn, CI....I hope you are feeling better soon. Sounds as though you have had a really rough time. I hope Mrs CI is ok too.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2015 02:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hey, old friend! So very sorry to hear of your misfortune. I'm lying in bed here at the recovery nursing home in Hilo, HI with my laptop and envisioning you in the exact same position up there in the wilds of Northern Cal. Get well sooon, pardner. There's only so much time left, you know. My best to Lucy and the rest of your family and you take care of yourself. Hear?
Andy. .