Am I a jealous type?

St0rm

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 10:36 am
So, my 1 month old gf is out on a trip where she was supposed to meet up with a few guy friends of her and today she uploads a pic of a guy holding her by her waist really tight. That makes me feel uncomfortable even though I hate the idea of being jealous. Is that normal? Should she have allowed him till the waist?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 669 • Replies: 13

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 10:38 am
She was a fool to post that pic. for a new boyfriend to have to look at.
Ragman

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 10:40 am
@St0rm,
Isn't she a tad young at 1 month old?
St0rm

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 11:02 am
@Ragman,
Umm....ragy, just a twist of words Smile read it as * this girl I've been for a month now*
St0rm

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 11:03 am
@PUNKEY,
So u say, it's not wrong to have ur friends hold u by ur waist but to let ur bf see it?
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 11:06 am
@St0rm,
You've been a girl for a month?

Is it 'talk like a Pirate day' already?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 11:13 am
@St0rm,
"Jealousy" is often the word we use so as to avoid use of the word "insecure."

None of us want to feel jealousy...or insecurity, but those feelings are a part of being a human. How we handle them is probably a more meaningful area to explore.

(Seemingly an aside: May I ask you if you have brothers...and the age difference between you and them?)

(I am going to guess that you have younger brothers...and that the age difference is not great.)
St0rm

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 11:24 am
@Frank Apisa,
Totally wrong! I have an older brother and the age difference is a lot! But it still dosent help me. Is it just me who feels letting someone other guy hold u by the waist is a little out of line?
Confused on how to handle it, I don't want her to change coz of my jealousy.
Also, I am not insecure, she is with me coz she wants to amd I am not at all worried of her ditching me
ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 11:27 am
@St0rm,
Did you tell your new girlfriend that there are only certain ways other men can hold/touch her?
panzade

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 11:33 am
@St0rm,
Quote:
a guy holding her by her waist really tight.

This could just be a sign of friendship.
Or she might not have been able to avoid it.
Quote:
I don't want her to change coz of my jealousy.

Then you need to set some boundaries as ehbeth was alluding to.
Let her know what makes you uncomfortable
0 Replies

St0rm

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 11:41 am
@ehBeth,
I would hate the idea of telling her what to do and what not. Btw that guy has a crush on her and she knows it.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 11:49 am
@St0rm,
The other guy's crush is irrelevant.

He's not part of the relationship between you and your girlfriend.

You and your girlfriend need to talk honestly about what you are both comfortable with.

Age and confidence usually makes this stuff easier, but you've still got to set boundaries that work for both of you.

You may need to accept that your girlfriend's comfort level/confidence is different from yours.

Right now, work on being happy she chose to be with you at this time.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 12:39 pm
@St0rm,
St0rm wrote:

Totally wrong! I have an older brother and the age difference is a lot! But it still dosent help me. Is it just me who feels letting someone other guy hold u by the waist is a little out of line?
Confused on how to handle it, I don't want her to change coz of my jealousy.
Also, I am not insecure, she is with me coz she wants to amd I am not at all worried of her ditching me

Okay...I realized I could be very wrong. It was just a guess.

In a very small sample size, I've noticed that older brothers tend to be more possessive of women than younger...which was the reason for my guess.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2015 09:58 pm
@St0rm,
They are playing with you to see how you react.

Be wise.

Do not complaint, just say that she looks beautiful in the picture and ignore the guy.

If something else gives you reasons to doubt about her, then you talk first and put what your position of a relationship is about.

This is just a starting relationship, and mistakes will be made the whole journey. Better to fix them than terminate them without chance of recovery. Unless your girl is not in the move to be your girl, only your girl.
0 Replies