Is George Bush Trustworthy

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:27 pm
Yeah. Another member is mad at me for not putting precise and exact qualifiers on my comments. So I guess I'm extra sensitive. Anyhow there ought to be a little room for old- fashioned exaggeration for emphasis.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:34 pm
foxfyre,

The way G. W. is going exaggeration will not be the problem. So much of what he has done is so far over the top that, IMO, many people find it hard to believe the truth. They think it's exaggeration or fabrication already.

Sam
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:36 pm
I know that is the perception of some, maybe many Sam. And I respect that. Just know that many of us don't share it.
0 Replies

Locke15

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:39 pm
The people who voted yes seem to have not posted. That's too bad. By the way c.i. your post earlier about the soldier was interesting, Bush seems to be a good guy, but his policies aren't always respected.

Did anyone see Bush's press conference on Sea Island? He was joking around the whole time, I can't say he was hilarious but it would be false to say he didn't make me laugh[whether it was at him or with him I'm not certain] at least once. I think sommeone put something in his drink. But it shed light on an interesting side of him.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:41 pm
Sometimes the worst of us have some good characteristics too! That includes GWBush. I like to show balance when I can.
0 Replies

Locke15

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:44 pm
True, it's also important to separate the man from the president. In Clinton's time[reffering to Lewinsky] the two were perceived as one, which led to a lot of issues for him.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:47 pm
Well they both liked ciga....

Nevermind.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:49 pm
Foxfyre,

Neither do I. I would truly love to know the truth behind 9/11, Afghanistan, Iraq, homeland security and the so called war on terror. There must be documents, recordings or something some place that tell the whole story. Words like impeach and treason keep popping up in my mind.
The thing that worries me is that we may be facing 4 more years of this.

Sam
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:51 pm
Seriously, if I listed all the things I know, believe, and have been alleged about Clinton it would far outweigh the good stuff I could list. I do think it is only fair to give him credit for the good stuff that is warranted though, and my posts here on A2K will reflect him positively almost all the time. At the same time I wouldn't vote for him ever.

I wish we could get to that point in discussions of the current administration too because it really would be interesting, and probably educational, to actually debate the issues rather than how good or how evil we think the President is.

And I think the very best thing for America will be for Americans to vote for the man they think holds the most of their values than it will be if we again vote for the man we distrust the least.
0 Replies

Locke15

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:53 pm
Well then foxfyre either begin the discussion or create a new thread since we would be hijacking this one.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:54 pm
Foxfyer,

Ok, but later Wiyaka is ready now, so we are going to unload the truck (5 Anderson windows) and drive to town for dog food and a bit of other shopping.

Sam
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:54 pm
Yeah you're probably right.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 07:22 pm
foxfyrism
Quote:
to actually debate the issues rather than how good or how evil we think the President is.

This is a peach.

Whenever coming across any criticism of Bush administration policies, actions, or statements, always suggest that the criticism is nothing but a personal biased attack on the President. For example, if the President is caught up in a lie; eg. "Oh, and about those WOMD...we've found them", or when he says, "[We are] taking every possible step to protect our country from danger" and you've just read an account of how ammonium nitrate (the chemical used in Oklahoma City) can still be purchased by anyone without even the need to show ID, you respond with some statement like, "Why, that's just another liberal attack on the President's character/faith/haircut"
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 10:58 pm
Reading this thread, I was remindered of something I read as as child. "Even the worse person is good for something, they can be used as a bad example."
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 11:04 pm
I so commonly am used in just that manner.
0 Replies