Is George Bush Trustworthy

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 08:08 am
McGentrix wrote:
I am sure the results are a little skewed here. Fortunately, A2K does not represent the American population.

sure we do. mostly thoughtful people, trying to understand and make their way.....allowing room for other opinion..........and a few blowhard idiots on either side....like you and me, buddy
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 08:45 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
I am sure the results are a little skewed here. Fortunately, A2K does not represent the American population.

sure we do. mostly thoughtful people, trying to understand and make their way.....allowing room for other opinion..........and a few blowhard idiots on either side....like you and me, buddy

Razz
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 08:53 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 09:03 am
Miller wrote:
I'm a conservative and think President Bush is trustworthy. As far as Mrs Clinton is concerned, that, of course, is a different matter, the possible basis for a separate and distinct thread.

There is such a thread, something about Hillary Clinton being the anti-Christ. Join the fun, dude!

I'm beginning to think that for some posters, Hillary exists as the answer to all questions, sort of like the old shrink joke. When the shrink asks his client to free associate, every cue leads to the same word. I forget the punchline--anyone remember?
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 11:30 am
Lock15,

My statements were made using deduction. They are my opinions and I should have stated as such. I apologize for not making this clear.

Considering his close ties to the oil industry, it seems unusual that so many of his cabinet and other appointees would have similar ties, if not for their wanting to further their personal interests, like invading oil rich nations. Iraq has the oil and Afghanistan would be a good place for the pipeline to go through, providing the Afghanis were receptive to that idea.

Regarding Bush and the constitution, there is the matter of his ignoring it back in the time of the Vietnam war. It's a question of the missing three months, which most of us are aware of. Instead of reporting for duty, he worked on an election campaign, yet was never punished. On active duty and in the National Guard, it's considered AWOL. Anyone else trying it would be charged with being AWOL, why wasn't he? Confused

Bush declared war without a vote on a declaration of war being held by congress. Forcing the Homeland Security down the throats of congress and the people has caused strong concern. They are able to do pretty much what they want to do. They can detain people simply on accusation by others, including neighbors that might overhear a neighbor they don't like say things against the government. This agency is even capable of tapping into such things as what books are checked out at public libraries by private citizens! Many of our constitutional rights are thrown out the window, if there is any hint of anti-americanism. This smacks of McCarthyism and worse!!

Again, these are my observations, deductions and opinions. I'd like to know why I was singled out to explain my answer in my previous post here, when others have expressed their thoughts and opinions so freely, without being challenged for facts. Just curious.
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 11:31 am
Lock15,

My statements were made using deduction. They are my opinions and I should have stated as such. I apologize for not making this clear.

Considering his close ties to the oil industry, it seems unusual that so many of his cabinet and other appointees would have similar ties, if not for their wanting to further their personal interests, like invading oil rich nations. Iraq has the oil and Afghanistan would be a good place for the pipeline to go through, providing the Afghanis were receptive to that idea.

Regarding Bush and the constitution, there is the matter of his ignoring it back in the time of the Vietnam war. It's a question of the missing three months, which most of us are aware of. Instead of reporting for duty, he worked on an election campaign, yet was never punished. On active duty and in the National Guard, it's considered AWOL. Anyone else trying it would be charged with being AWOL, why wasn't he? Confused

Bush declared war without a vote on a declaration of war being held by congress. Forcing the Homeland Security down the throats of congress and the people has caused strong concern. They are able to do pretty much what they want to do. They can detain people simply on accusation by others, including neighbors that might overhear a neighbor they don't like say things against the government. This agency is even capable of tapping into such things as what books are checked out at public libraries by private citizens! Many of our constitutional rights are thrown out the window, if there is any hint of anti-americanism. This smacks of McCarthyism and worse!!

Again, these are my observations, deductions and opinions. I'd like to know why I was singled out to explain my answer in my previous post here, when others have expressed their thoughts and opinions so freely, without being challenged for facts. Just curious.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 12:04 pm
Must give credit where credit is due. President Bush promised this soldier that he would run with him when he became able in the hospital. President Bush continued to make contact regularly until he found out this soldier was able to run, so President Bush kept his promise.

http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/bush_and_wounded.jpg
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 12:07 pm
Locke15 wrote:
Wiyaka wrote:
The only thing we can trust Bush to do is fill his pockets and that of his cronies with money. Oh, there is a second thing, destroy the basic foundation of our country by ignoring the constitution he swore to uphold and defend.

How so? You just made unfounded claims.

Unfounded claims? Read 'The Patriot Act'.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 12:13 pm
Quote:
Just before Memorial Day, Veterans Affairs Secretary Anthony Principi said, "Our active military respond better to Republicans" because of "the tremendous support that President Bush has provided for our military and our veterans." The same day, the White House announced plans for massive cuts in veterans' health care for 2006.
0 Replies

Locke15

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 04:21 pm
I was simply playing devil's advocate, I'm far from being a Bush advocate. I simply wanted to hear further reasoning, since people tend to simply criticise Bush since it's become a trend without any knowledge. I should have known better since we are on A2K. I chose you randomly Wiyaka, lol, it was nothing personal. I see now where your view originates, and that it is well founded. The thread was far too one sided. I'll continue playing devil's advocate simply to learn more about Bush's wrongdoings, since people tend to only cite the invasion of Iraq.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 04:36 pm
Locke, Okay, let me play the devil's advocate; you say people on A2K only cite the invasion of Iraq. I'm sure if you look hard enough, it's much more than the invasion of Iraq. No, I will not do your homework for you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 04:44 pm
The list of Bush wrongs is long and detailed. There are dozens of threads giving specifics. Why, after all that, some members accuse Bush detractors of doing it solely from hatred and partisanship, is beyond me. (I do admit there is that element in some of it, but consider this; there were many Democrats who vowed to be the loyal opposition when the last election got settled, but Bush policies and actions made that impossible for many).
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 04:47 pm
Locke15 wrote:
I was simply playing devil's advocate, I'm far from being a Bush advocate. I simply wanted to hear further reasoning, since people tend to simply criticise Bush since it's become a trend without any knowledge. I should have known better since we are on A2K. I chose you randomly Wiyaka, lol, it was nothing personal. I see now where your view originates, and that it is well founded. The thread was far too one sided. I'll continue playing devil's advocate simply to learn more about Bush's wrongdoings, since people tend to only cite the invasion of Iraq.

Well, there is the post immediately preceding this one of yours.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 04:47 pm
Locke15,

Thanks, I enjoy watching Wiyaka typing furiously about one of her "HOT" topics. She looks so cute pounding away on the keyboard, steam wafting from around her collar. When I get going on the Bush, my teeth lengthen, my eyes turn red and the dogs hide under the bed with the cats. All Wiyaka does is look up and say, "Saaaaam, stop that you're scaring the kids and me!"
For now I don't want to go there. I have to drive into town and back, then prepare dinner. When I get pissed it effects my driving and the food, neither in a good way. Twisted Evil

Sam
0 Replies

Locke15

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 04:57 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Locke, Okay, let me play the devil's advocate; you say people on A2K only cite the invasion of Iraq. I'm sure if you look hard enough, it's much more than the invasion of Iraq. No, I will not do your homework for you.

'I simply wanted to hear further reasoning, since people tend to simply criticise Bush since it's become a trend without any knowledge. I should have known better since we are on A2K'

(1) Let me explain what I stated above. I was reffering to individuals in general only citing the war as the single foundation of criticism. I continue thereafter stating that I should have known better that people on A2K would cite other reasons as a result of the forum's nature, and members. I NEVER stated that people on A2K only cite the invasion of Iraq.

(2) I don't need to look anywhere, other reasons were given already.

(3) I never asked you to do any 'homework' for mem so please don't jump to conclusions, I have used numerous forums prior to joining this one, and I'm more than capable of using the search tool.

(4) That almost ressembled an attack, what crime did I commit?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:07 pm
Slap 'im down again, Maw;
Make 'im tell us where he's been ...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:19 pm
I must've lost my ability to comprehend the English language. Quote, " I'll continue playing devil's advocate simply to learn more about Bush's wrongdoings, since people tend to only cite the invasion of Iraq." Will somebody please provide me with the correct interpretation of that quote?
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:22 pm
c i,

Locke15 thinks we know things about G. Bush that will be new information?

Sam
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:24 pm
"Tend to cite. . . " is qualification enough to not pin Locke to any kind of absolute there.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 05:25 pm
I've never been that good in "reading between the lines." LOL
0 Replies