Is the United States Crazy?

McGentrix

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 12:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Baldimo wrote:

Correct direction is a relative phrase Frank.

Yeah.

I wish the American right would figure that out...rather than going where the strings pull them.

Come on Frank, you know that your "correct direction" and someone like me "correct direction" are quite different. All roads do not lead to the golf course.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 12:20 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Baldimo wrote:

Correct direction is a relative phrase Frank.

Yeah.

I wish the American right would figure that out...rather than going where the strings pull them.

Come on Frank, you know that your "correct direction" and someone like me "correct direction" are quite different. All roads do not lead to the golf course.

I do understand that, McG.

And I would hope that people like you and Baldimo would wake up...and realize that the agenda of the American right...should disgust anyone with any sense of humanity and true admiration for country and fellow citizens.

But I suspect you guys will continue to be toys for the neo-barons.

Hey...whatever floats yer boat.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 01:39 pm
CraZy lIkE a FOx!
http://i57.tinypic.com/11gunae.jpg
0 Replies

imawonderingwhy

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 02:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
"I still remember a time when to be an American was to be envied. The country where I grew up after World War II seemed to be respected and admired around the world for way too many reasons to go into here."

That was all based on an incredibly effective propaganda system.

"That’s changed, of course. Even after the invasion of Iraq in 2003, I still met people -- in the Middle East, no less -- willing to withhold judgment on the U.S. Many thought that the Supreme Court’s installation of George W. Bush as president was a blunder American voters would correct in the election of 2004. His return to office truly spelled the end of America as the world had known it. Bush had started a war, opposed by the entire world, because he wanted to and he could. A majority of Americans supported him. And that was when all the uncomfortable questions really began."

Bush, Bush, Roosevelt, Nixon, Reagan, Obama, ..., it really doesn't matter one bit. The propaganda is crumbling. They all have been war criminals and terrorists. It's inherent in the US system of government.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 02:21 pm
@imawonderingwhy,
Take a hike back to wherever your masters are dictating this crap you are spewing.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 02:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The only "agenda" I support from the left comes in the form of most social issues. Their agenda for the economy and the defense of the US scares the hell out of me. Democrats haven't found a tax they didn't like. I'd be ok with eliminating some of the tax breaks for corp's but only if we lowered taxes.

Lets not forget the lefts view on business. "You didn't build that" and "Don't let anyone tell you that businesses creates jobs." I've worked for several start-up companies in the last decade and I can tell you that if we ran those businesses according to leftist ideals, they wouldn't have lasted.
imawonderingwhy

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 03:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Take a hike back to wherever your masters are dictating this crap you are spewing.

================

masters; that`s an odd description for what comes from US government sources, US and other top academics, US patriots, US concerned citizens, US citizens who are tired of the propaganda, tired of their presidents being the world`s leading war criminals and terrorists.

0 Replies

imawonderingwhy

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 03:07 pm
@Baldimo,
I can tell you that if we ran those businesses according to leftist ideals, they wouldn't have lasted.

===============================

This screams stupidity, major stupidity.
parados

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 03:11 pm
@Baldimo,
It was pointed out that the US dollar is the currency used around the world as compared to the Icelandic currency. I don't really think the world uses the Norwegian health system. So, yes the US dollar is apples to your oranges of the Norwegian health care.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 03:16 pm
@imawonderingwhy,
I can tell you have never been involved in a start-up company. Lots of hard work and lots of hard hours. The left doesn't believe in either of those things. Given the chance, I'm sure they would force a union on us and kill any chance we had of being successful.
parados

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 03:20 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Lets not forget the lefts view on business. "You didn't build that" and "Don't let anyone tell you that businesses creates jobs."

Two statements taken out of context don't equate to what the left stands for or promotes. The first statement clearly was referring to infrastructure which was built by taxes paid by mostly individuals. The second is reported to be a misstatement that was supposed to be that business tax breaks don't create jobs.
imawonderingwhy

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 03:22 pm
@Baldimo,
Wonderful explanation.

Quote:
Lots of hard work and lots of hard hours. The left doesn't believe in either of those things.

We are still left with you doubling down on major stupid.

Do you wanna give it another go, maybe explain how USA car makers ruled the world with their unions.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 03:25 pm
@imawonderingwhy,
Where are those same car companies now? Half the US auto makers almost went bankrupt and had to take money from the govt to support those same car companies. It wasn't even so much for the car companies themselves, it was to support union contracts and pensions.

By the way newbie, don't start with insults. It's bad form.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 03:28 pm
@Baldimo,
Newbie?

I'm guessing JTT or similar.
Setanta

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 03:42 pm
@Lordyaswas,
You're not the only one who thinks so. If it is, this joker won't last long.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 03:54 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

The only "agenda" I support from the left comes in the form of most social issues. Their agenda for the economy and the defense of the US scares the hell out of me. Democrats haven't found a tax they didn't like. I'd be ok with eliminating some of the tax breaks for corp's but only if we lowered taxes.

Lets not forget the lefts view on business. "You didn't build that" and "Don't let anyone tell you that businesses creates jobs." I've worked for several start-up companies in the last decade and I can tell you that if we ran those businesses according to leftist ideals, they wouldn't have lasted.

You guys are steadying the hands of people intent on slitting your throats.

I don't expect you to see or acknowledge that, Baldimo. There are few things on this planet as blind to the obvious as American conservatives.

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 04:14 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I doubt newbie, but also doubt JTT,
but whada I know.
Baldimo is right, person is starting off badly.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 04:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yet nothing of substance has been shared. I can't acknowledge your bias against a political group you don't like. Can you provide something of substance on this or just your own thoughts on the evils of Conservationism?

Baldimo

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 04:15 pm
@ossobuco,
I say newbie because he has only made 14 posts on A2K. Unless he/she is indeed JTT or one of his ilk.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 04:34 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Yet nothing of substance has been shared. I can't acknowledge your bias against a political group you don't like. Can you provide something of substance on this or just your own thoughts on the evils of Conservationism?

Read Ann Jones' essay again, Baldimo...and you will get a sense of what I am saying.

But I don't mind repeating: You are part of a group intent on steadying the hand of people who are trying to slit your throat.

The people who benefit almost exclusively from your political participation...wouldn't piss on you guys if you were on fire.

Don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with being a dupe for the barons. There always have been people like you...and that is the reason there are barons!
0 Replies