Is the United States Crazy?

giujohn

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 01:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Several places. I've got a thick skin, John...so don't worry about your addiction.

Uh...yeah...not an answer...typical. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Newsweek Magazine; The New York Times; and at least a dozen other major newspapers...here and in England.

Uh..yeah..direct me to 1 of those articles.

Quote:

Have you had any success as a non-professional writer?

Do bathroom walls count?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 06:53 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
Several places. I've got a thick skin, John...so don't worry about your addiction.

Uh...yeah...not an answer...typical. Rolling Eyes

Oh, it is an answer...although answers are not always called for. Responses often are more appropriate...and it was a response also.

I could just as easily have responded, "I didn't say you insulted me in that post...I said you are addicted to insults."

Right?

You really are not an especially careful poster, John. That takes practice. Stick with me. Maybe I can help you make something of yourself.

Quote:
Quote:
Newsweek Magazine; The New York Times; and at least a dozen other major newspapers...here and in England.

Uh..yeah..direct me to 1 of those articles.

Why? Have you mistaken me for someone who cares whether you think I am lying about my achievements?

Quote:
Quote:

Have you had any success as a non-professional writer?

Do bathroom walls count?

For you...yeah.

So, have you?
giujohn

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 06:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

So, have you?

Why? Have you mistaken me for someone who cares whether you think I am lying about my achievements?
(right back at you)

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 07:45 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:

So, have you?

(right back at you)

Sorry, didn't know you had listed any achievements, John.

Maybe writing "on bathroom walls" (which I took to mean restroom walls)...but that was after I asked the question.

(I guess you coulda used the walls of men's rooms or john walls, but....)
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 09:55 am
@giujohn,
This is where Frank leads you on a wild goose chase to keep from proving what he has said. It's another tactic used by Frank and his buddies to make statements and then they spend a few pages avoiding proving anything but will instead turn it back on you. It's almost like a bait and switch.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 11:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
Many people who are very intelligent have trouble with spelling and grammar; sometimes that is associated with dyslexia. Sometimes we are better at some tasks than others, and that is often related to our individual brains. Some who don't care so much about spelling and grammar have thoughtful opinions.
Sometimes people who usually spell well make typos and aren't obsessive about that happening. Sometimes people have keyboards with stuck keys. Sometimes people have hands with a medical difficulty.

Spelling can be an indicator of a poor education, but I rather doubt that is any kind of given as a cause when you see misspelling.

I thought this thread was about the U.S.

It's not me with the downthumbs, though it might look like it.

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 12:13 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

This is where Frank leads you on a wild goose chase to keep from proving what he has said. It's another tactic used by Frank and his buddies to make statements and then they spend a few pages avoiding proving anything but will instead turn it back on you. It's almost like a bait and switch.

Prove???

I have been responding to what John has been saying, Baldimo.

What exactly would you expect me to "prove."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 12:20 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Many people who are very intelligent have trouble with spelling and grammar; sometimes that is associated with dyslexia. Sometimes we are better at some tasks than others, and that is often related to our individual brains. Some who don't care so much about spelling and grammar have thoughtful opinions.
Sometimes people who usually spell well make typos and aren't obsessive about that happening. Sometimes people have keyboards with stuck keys. Sometimes people have hands with a medical difficulty.

Spelling can be an indicator of a poor education, but I rather doubt that is any kind of given as a cause when you see misspelling.

I thought this thread was about the U.S.

It's not me with the downthumbs, though it might look like it.

I never even look at the thumbs up or down. Not for one second...so I have no idea about that.

The thread IS about the US...and that was the thrust of my comments until the attacks started. (Read my comments on page 1 of this thread...and tell me who decided to sidetrack the thread.)

As for grammar and spelling...I normally do not get into that kind of thing, except for people who claim exceptional intelligence...which happens more often than one might imagine.

John made such a claim...and I hit him with a couple of comments showing that for a person claiming above average intelligence, his posts spoke to something quite different.

0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 03:34 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
sometimes that is associated with dyslexia.

Couldnt have said it better...I have already told Frank that I am slightly dyslexic.
And when I claimed to be above average intelligence (the average is and IQ 100, I am high normal at 125) it wasnt to claim any special status.
Frank is just being obstinate for effect, and because he rarley takes a position nor does he defend one when he does.
giujohn

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 03:36 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:

Agreed.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 03:47 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
sometimes that is associated with dyslexia.

Couldnt have said it better...I have already told Frank that I am slightly dyslexic.
And when I claimed to be above average intelligence (the average is and IQ 100, I am high normal at 125) it wasnt to claim any special status.
Frank is just being obstinate for effect, and because he rarley takes a position nor does he defend one when he does.

Not only do I take strong positions...but I defend them with a vigor and persistence as rigorous as any other posters here. And here in A2K...often I am defending these positions against the majority...who are atheists.

So don't give me that "rarely" (which you misspelled) nonsense, because it simply not true.

Are you going to try inventing something else?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 03:48 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:

Agreed.

Of course you would agree. Much easier than defending the positions you seem disposed to.
giujohn

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 09:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Of course you would agree. Much easier than defending the positions you seem disposed to.

...said the pot to the kettle.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2015 05:40 am
@edgarblythe,
Crazy? No. If it was crazy it couldn't be predicted. It can. Whatever the best most logical thing to do is, the US does the exact opposite. Smile
0 Replies