CAN YOU SEPARATE SEXUALITY FROM BEAUTY?

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 02:27 pm
I'm sure; every time a man or woman seeks a life time partner, their first question is; what's your IQ? Sure. c.i.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 02:29 pm
The point is not about conscious choices, c.i., but rather the mechanism underlying what we rather unrealistically consider to be personal choices.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 02:32 pm
roger wrote:
C.i., I have seen the picture you posted on Ravens. You're as close to beautiful as a man can be to this man's perception.

I'll be contemplating this from disturbing angles for the rest of my life...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 02:47 pm
Lash, Me too! Wink c.i.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 02:51 pm
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 02:55 pm
Setanta, I consider myself a man of average intelligence, yet, I was able to snatch as my life partner, a kind, intelligent woman, who graduated high school, nursing school, and college with honors. I'm not sure her intelligence was either a conscious or unconciuos choice - just that our goals for life was similar. Have a small family that we could afford to raise in relative comfort, send them to good schools, but first, I needed to get my college degree. She had two doctors and one engineer pursuing her, and I won out with nary college degree..... Wink c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 02:59 pm
steissd, When Asians first arrived in this country, the USA, most worked as laborers. If they had any education, it was probably stopped before reaching high school. Yet, our family with a modest background worked as professionals. What is "smart?" Did you know that developmental disability hits one family in ten irregardless of their parent's accomplishments? c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 03:00 pm
BTW, the same goes for mental illness. c.i.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 03:57 pm
c.i., you seem to continue to miss the point--it's not about the conscious choice, it's about what underlies the attraction people feel, and this could explain your wife's attraction for you without any reference to a university education.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 04:02 pm
When the Asians worked as laborers their possibilities of finding the life partner were limited to their small ethnic community. Right now such limitations do not exist due to impressive progress of the Asian expatriates' communities in the USA.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 04:17 pm
steissd, The first marriage of a Japanese man in California was to a black woman. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 04:30 pm
Well, Black people by this time were underpriviliged, so this marriage was inside the same social class.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 04:46 pm
Someone explain the relationship between the topic and the present discussion. I suspect it can be made. I would like for the drop-in viewer to be able to enter the discussion and be in focus.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 04:47 pm
Control freak . . .
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 04:49 pm
What I'm trying to show is that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." c.i.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 11:49 am
When a man and a woman meet and start going out they have to decide if it's worthwhile. Is there a future in it. How does anyone judge or quantify sexuality and beauty. Granted both are important. So is compatability. If a relationship don't work inside a persons Head, it's not going to work for very long anywhere else.
Would you employ anyone to work front of house, meeting clients, based purely on their looks or if they turned you on ????
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2003 09:05 pm
Oak, there are plenty of businesses that hire people, usually women, for their appearance. It is pretty broadly accepted that beauty=sex=sales.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 03:49 am
Diane you may well be right that beauty=sex=sales. But that depends on the product. If the person I'm dealing with can't answer technical or product questions then I don't buy. It's one thing buying a pack of cigarettes, it's another if you are buying some hi-tech gear. Beauty is great, with added moxey, it's better. So it goes with life
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 03:50 am
Diane you may well be right that beauty=sex=sales. But that depends on the product. If the person I'm dealing with can't answer technical or product questions then I don't buy. It's one thing buying a pack of cigarettes, it's another if you are buying some hi-tech gear. Beauty is great, with added moxey, it's better. So it goes with life
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2003 01:52 pm
True, oak. I was thinking in terms of car dealerships,etc.
0 Replies