CAN YOU SEPARATE SEXUALITY FROM BEAUTY?

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 06:17 pm
Since puberty the sexuality filter has had a firm grip on me. I am, by no means, neutral. Yet, there have been moments in my life where I came across an individual of overwhelming beauty. At this moment, I'm not sure I can define or relate an experience. Perhaps you can?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,405 • Replies: 71
No top replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 08:01 pm
SEXUALITY: the quality or state of being sexual : a : the condition of having sex b : sexual activity c : expression of sexual receptivity or interest especially when excessive.

BEAUTY 1 : the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses or pleasurably exalts the mind or spirit : LOVELINESS
2 : a beautiful person or thing; especially : a beautiful woman
3 : a particularly graceful, ornamental, or excellent quality

Merrian-Webster Dictionary

Perhaps, we should identify the qualities of beauty?
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 12:01 pm
CAN YOU SEPARATE SEXUALITY FROM BEAUTY?
I would often meet women who are undeniably beautiful for whom I have no desire. Desire could be triggered by voice, scent, expression,and the ultimate tie breaker, how she feels in my arms. To tell the truth many beautiful women have not reached the tiebreaker, so are unaware of the terrible loss.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 12:05 pm
Yes, i can separate them quite easily. Beauty in persons is, in my estimation, a product not simply of appearance, but character as well. And men or women who are not to be considered physically attractive in any conventional sense can and frequently are very sensual persons, who project quite successfully the aura of a sexy person on the make. This actually seems to me a "no-brainer."
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 12:56 pm
In my view sex and secuality permeates all aspects of our lives and drives all of our preceptions even when we are not aware of it or in denial of it.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 01:13 pm
What Setanta said.

I think you could also point to a woman who sees true beauty in her friends, yet is not attracted to them sexually, or to an adult who sees beauty in a child or very young adult, but is not attracted to them.

Very different concepts, IMO.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 02:55 pm
...then sexuality and beauty are driven (no pun) by the perception and desires of the viewer.

One ,of the uncomfortable aspects of being a male in an educational setting, was the aura of wrong doing when one admired the natural beauty of children in elementary school. In my youth, I was known for my drawings. I noticed the fine line of the face, the structure and colors of the eye, the coordinated movements of the body. It wasn't a problem in the small neighborhood schools: I knew all the parents. But in the consolidated schools with populations of 1200 to 1500, we were even told to never touch a child.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 04:50 pm
I understand and think it is sad, not just for the innocent and loving adults, but also for the children, some of whom are looking desperately for attention. These large civilized lives are not all they should be...

The woman who built the home where I grew up was a sculptor of the heads of small children -- it was her specialty. She believed, I heard, that there was nothing so beautiful and so ephemeral. I wish I'd had my children "done" by her, but she was long gone by that time. One of my treasures though, is a cameo cutout that my son's kindergarten teacher made after drawing the outline of his head. The tilt, the hair, the long eyelashes... it is a wonderful thing!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 04:54 pm
I can separate sexuality from beauty.

I've seen many a beautiful apple, yet never a sexy one! Drunk
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 05:10 pm
Pif, B. and I have similar silhouettes of our children. I think about 6 or so. They really strike a chord.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 05:21 pm
Can you imagine having a life-sized bronze head of each child? Maybe from a couple of years earlier??? Oh, I wish I'd known of someone who could do that! Any sculptor out there -- this is a gravy field.

New Haven -- But what about peaches?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 05:22 pm
Fuzzy peaches? Laughing
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 05:26 pm
Sweet, juicy, lucious, lovely summertime-hot....
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 05:34 pm
Ooh... Forget woman, I want peaches!
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 05:40 pm
Honestly,..I have trouble seperating sexuality from anything (and like it that way Laughing ), not that I want to have sex with everything( almost Laughing ), but I think that sex drive permeates through all of my perceptions.
Can I see something as beautiful, and not sexual?,...yeah,..And I can see something as sexy, but not beautiful. (spent alot of time with those).
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 06:03 pm
Well, as a chef YOU would know the beauty of... say.... peaches.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 06:11 pm
If she's sexy, Jerry, she's beautiful. The converse does not follow.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 06:28 pm
Or he

Smile
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 06:35 pm
eyup
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 06:42 am