dating advice for a 25 yr old man

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 02:03 am
Okay, so I'm 25 about to be 26, male, not unattractive, and single. I've been single for over a year now. Before being single I was in a fairly long relationship (5 years) and it took a while to get over it. I recently moved to a new state (oklahoma) for work. I drive a forklift and make good money. I work a lot and don't have much personal time, I don't drink I do smoke (pot and tobacco) I'm just trying to find ways to meet people. It would be easy if I was in my hometown, but where I live now it's difficult, mostly bc I don't know anyone and I only work with dudes so meeting girls at work is a no go. I don't want a barhopper or someone who parties a lot. So how does one find like-minded people in a new town? I will admit it is harder to randomly talk to women now that I'm older, because I'm attracted to younger women (18+) and I don't want to give off a creepy vibe. I've had some success talking to girls and meeting women but it never leads to anything more than friendship, and I'm looking for something more than that. I'm a homebody, I like watching sci-fi movies playing ps4 and chatting on social media, I like to hang with my sister (who lives in the same town going to college ) and I've met lots of her friends, but most of them are in relationships so they are off limits. So I know I'm not doing everything I could to find someone, but I figured I'd ask you guys before I go to more desperate lengths to find someone. Any help is appreciated.

roger

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 03:12 am
@slipknotic,
I wish you luck. The plain truth is, if you want to be attractive to the girls, you need to be seen with one. I don't know if it makes the others feel competitive, or just proves you are human.

Depending on the situation, you might hang with some of the right kind of guys at work. Not in the sense that they will 'fix you up', but it gets you into some kind of circulation. Hey, if you have friends, you must be alright, if you get what I mean.

Again, good luck.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 03:32 am
@slipknotic,
Church?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 10:57 am
'I'm a (26 year old) homebody, I like watching sci-fi movies playing ps4 and chatting on social media."

Not gonna meet anyone that way.

You are going to have to get OUT and meet people who are your age (women, not girls, 23 - 25). At the gym, at community center co-ed sports, volunteer, hobby group, church, art group, computer group, etc. Let everyone at work know that you are "available" to meet people.

You sound a little depressed - and the pot does not help that. Be careful that you are not digging yourself a rut that you find too comfortable.
0 Replies

psychictiff

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 06:50 pm
@slipknotic,
Get on a dating website! There are plenty of free ones out there, so $$ isn't an issue! Sounds like you need to rearrange your priorities if you really truly want to meet someone! You could always take a cooking class or join a book club, too! What about a church?
0 Replies