what are the reasons why england conquered many countries?

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2015 07:50 pm
Am I the only one to see the irony of the seemingly never-ending continuing this contentious thread for a homework cheat who hasn't come back to a2k since dropping off his initial homework cheat thread request?
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2015 08:15 pm
@tsarstepan,
We get all manners of visitors to a2k. Rolling Eyes
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2015 08:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I do wonder what grade he got if he finished his assignment in the first place....
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 03:31 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Am I the only one to see the irony of the seemingly never-ending continuing this contentious thread...

Four pages is never-ending?
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 04:05 am
Bulldog tenacity: that's the spirit that built an empire!

http://therakeonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Sprezzatura-and-Emulating-the-Ultimate-English-Sophisticate-David-Niven-aroundTheWorldIn80Days-01.jpg
Builder

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 04:34 am
@Kolyo,
Quote:
Bulldog tenacity: that's the spirit that built an empire!

You've not read the history of empire?

Slavery and brutality are at the heart of it.
Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 04:43 am
It's really hilarious to see you ranting about a knowledge of history, given the warped view you've been peddling here. Leaving aside that Kolyo's post involved the use of a sense of humor--something which i suspect you may not possess--do you really want to claim that there were no indigenous cultures which were brutal and practiced slavery? Good luck with that one, Mr. Knowledge of History.
Builder

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 04:57 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
do you really want to claim that there were no indigenous cultures which were brutal and practiced slavery?

Okay, so this is your justification for applauding the most brutal and inhuman empire in our recent history, Setanta?

I guess you also applaud the "liberation" of Iraq? You know; that unjustified invasion of sovereign nation that resulted in over half a million children dying, and millions more people left to fend for themselves in the desert?

I'm seriously doubting your judgement on a lot of levels if you think that brutality and paedophilia are acceptable as a means to an end.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0WDCYcUJ4o
Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 05:10 am
@Builder,
You really have a huge chip on your shoulder. I wasn't applauding any empire, and i don't think you know enough history to claim that the British was more brutal than other empires. I also think of your as a scurrilous, low brute to attempt to immediately assault my character because you don't like my criticism of your ignorance-based claims.

You consider the British empire to have been more brutal than either the Russian empire or the Soviet Empir?. You consider them to have been more brutal than the Chinese?

Your remarks about me are completely unjustified. Don't f*cking talk to me again, your low-life scumbag.
Kolyo

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 05:17 am
@Builder,
For what it's worth, Builder, my post was not only meant as joke but as a special kind of humor--the sardonic kind. I'm half-English myself and so I sometimes have to laugh to keep from crying over England's history.
Builder

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 05:18 am
@Setanta,
I see that your typing ability goes to the pack when you have to defend your position. Just block me.

It's easier that way. I don't have to read your pretense.
Builder

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 05:20 am
@Kolyo,
Thanks, Kolyo.

At least there's a few here who recognise the brutality behind the pretense of empirical takeover.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 05:22 am
@Kolyo,
Builder is just a bigot, he's already admitted to exploiting the indigenous population, and he doesn't even consider them citizens. Some people only know hate and ignorance, which is why they don't have a sense of humour.
Builder

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 05:26 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
he's already admitted to exploiting the indigenous population, and he doesn't even consider them citizens.

You'd need to back that claim up with some facts, Izzy. But that's never stopped you from dogpiling with your cuz Set before, has it?
Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 06:04 am
@Builder,
There's no pretense, and nothing wrong with my typing ability. You're a low-life, lying scum-bag, and you deserve to have that pointed out.
Builder

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 06:09 am
@Setanta,
I don't often do this, but for the hypocrisy alone, I think it's worth it.

Setanta said;
Quote:
It's really hilarious to see you ranting about a knowledge of history

Thanks for the heads up. Glad to give you some chuckles, Set.

Setanta said;
Quote:
.. given the warped view you've been peddling here.

Meaning the history that you don't want to hear, Set? LALALALALA I can't hear you?

Setanta said;
Quote:
Leaving aside that Kolyo's post involved the use of a sense of humor--something which i suspect you may not possess

I get it. But it doesn't wash with me. Kolyo knows. Your attempt to dissemble is noted, though.

Setanta said;
Quote:
--do you really want to claim that there were no indigenous cultures which were brutal and practiced slavery?

Nice attempt to project your belief system, but no banana, Set.

Setanta said;
Quote:
Good luck with that one, Mr. Knowledge of History.

Ad Hominen attempt noted. After decades of pretending to be the overseer of A2K, you're failing dismally, Setanta.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 06:11 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
There's no pretense, and nothing wrong with my typing ability.

Almost a dozen typos, capitaan.
Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 06:15 am
In short, you don't have a leg to stand on. I did not applaud the British empire, and i know the history a hell of a lot better than you do. I not only did not applaud the invasion of Iraq, but the evidence is right here at this site that i spoke out against it in 2002 when it was just proposed, but hadn't yet taken place. You're indulging hysteria. There's a fine irony in you complaining out "ad hominem" given the truly scurrilous and unjustified personal attacks you have made against me.

You're a liar and a low-life scum bag, on top of being appallingly ignorant.
Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 06:19 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
Almost a dozen typos, capitaan.

Liar. Let's see you point out a dozen typographical errors in any one post of mine. Then explain how typographical errors make anything i posted invalid. What a f*cking idiot.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 06:19 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
You're a liar and a low-life scum bag, on top of being appallingly ignorant.

Unfounded accusations based solely upon your reputation on this board.
0 Replies