what do I do if my boy friend talks about me behind my back?

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 11:42 pm
So it started when I was sick and told him I was out with mom and then he obsessively starts asking where I am. I had to use a flip phone, which I'm not used to, so I text him saying I'll talk to you later and so he calls me and it automatically hooks up to my moms blue tooth in her car and she tells him what's going on and where I am and right after that he tells his dad I'm being shady. Later that day I was trying to relax/sleep and try to get better and he blows up my phone cause I'm not immediatly responding so I told him " my throats sore and im tired so can you please leave me alone and stop blowing up my phone". Which was a little harsh but he wouldn't stop. The next day Im playing with his phone and I look at his texts just out of curiosity and I find out he's been talking bad about me to another girl. He tells her im a b**** and that he wishes he could just say it to my face and he says this to another friend of his too. So I just give him his phone back and I mention it later and it turns into an argument. He's apologized and said he won't do it again but I'm having trouble believing him and i really dont know what I should do. Should I press the matter or just get over it? Please help!

chai2

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 11:45 pm
Why are you calling someone your boyfriend when they think you're a bitch, and says that in front of other people?

I guess that says it all.

Now, this is when you reply to me to tell me he's ususally suck a nice guy, and that I don't know anything about you so I should mind my own business.
kishna646

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 11:52 pm
@chai2,
No, your right on point. He claims he was just "venting" and that people do dumb stuff when their mad.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 12:16 am
@kishna646,
You really need to unload this needy self centered guy. Im assuming you are both very young, he's way out of line asking you to talk when you are sick. Trust me, you will meet nicer guys and you will also meet Jerks. Just don't hang your hat on this one. If one of your girlfriends pestered you like he did you would be irritated, rightly so. To comment on his excuse in the last sentence. what made him so angry he had to vent and call you a bitch. If he was angry because you were with your mother or because you have a sore throat, please remember what i said, when men get angry over silly reasons, they start to enjoy the power. It gets worse, trust me, My first husband had me completely isolated from friends and family. It starts so slowly, you don't pay attention, within 4 years i felt totally worthless. But eventually I realized I married a Man I could not respect and thats when I knew it was not working out.

kishna646

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 12:49 am
@glitterbag,
Thank you, this really helped a lot.
0 Replies

kishna646

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 12:52 am
@glitterbag,
Also, he said the reason he was angry was because I freaked out by telling him to leave me alone.
Ragman

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 11:20 am
@kishna646,
Certainly he did wrong by talking badly about you to others (behind your back) instead of being direct. He also was harassing you and not being supportive when you were ill. He should be called to task.

However, you did wrong by snooping into his phone or text msgs and speaking so harshly with him about your illness. You both are too immature to be in a committed relationship.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 05:32 pm
@kishna646,
You are just learning to get along with boys.

Don't throw away your own opinions just to be nice and likeable. That is a huge mistake.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 05:54 pm
@kishna646,
kishna646 wrote:
Should I press the matter or just get over it?

perhaps there are other options
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 06:49 pm
His reaction was explosive. Does he act like this often?

If so, he has all the earmarks of an abuser.
He had NO compassion for you when you were sick.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 07:15 pm
The answer is to grow a spine.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 10:01 pm
@kishna646,
kishna646 wrote:

So it started when I was sick and told him I was out with mom and then he obsessively starts asking where I am. I had to use a flip phone, which I'm not used to, so I text him saying I'll talk to you later and so he calls me and it automatically hooks up to my moms blue tooth in her car and she tells him what's going on and where I am and right after that he tells his dad I'm being shady. Later that day I was trying to relax/sleep and try to get better and he blows up my phone cause I'm not immediatly responding so I told him " my throats sore and im tired so can you please leave me alone and stop blowing up my phone". Which was a little harsh but he wouldn't stop. The next day Im playing with his phone and I look at his texts just out of curiosity and I find out he's been talking bad about me to another girl. He tells her im a b**** and that he wishes he could just say it to my face and he says this to another friend of his too. So I just give him his phone back and I mention it later and it turns into an argument. He's apologized and said he won't do it again but I'm having trouble believing him and i really dont know what I should do. Should I press the matter or just get over it? Please help!

Uhg.. first of all it seems there is a lack of trust on both sides here. You say you were sick and if that is true I can understand why you would be short with him. When you are not feeling well and just want to get some rest but someone is being insecure it would be annoying. I get that. Perhaps you could have handled it a little better but I can't say you were wrong about what you did. It is not easy when you aren't feeling well to say the right thing or figure out how to make the situation work out.

His lack of trust though is odd. A bit too clingy? But then you turn around and go through his phone and find him messaging another girl and he is talking **** about you to her?

He is acting like you owe him something? But at the same time at the point of you finding out he was talking about you to someone else only makes the situation worse. Not only that but going through his phone to find it?

There is NO trust on either side. I think this relationship is doomed. Think about future situations that might be similar? He says he won't do it again but all it's going to take is another situation where he is assuming you are up to something but you are just sick again.

I am not even sure why you would want to put yourself through such insecurities. But I guess you have some way of justifying it.
0 Replies

escobedogirl12

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 10:32 pm
@kishna646,
Confront him and then if he does it again, after you warned him to quit, dump him.thats what I did, and I feel free and happy
0 Replies