1
   

Hillary Clinton - Antichrist?

 
 
revel
 
  1  
Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 07:03 pm
You are being pretty gross McGentrix, enough, huh?

If I go on about George Bush whenever he gets out of office three years later, then I guess Bush does own me. (gosh I can hardly type those words together without cringing.)

I am willing to stand on record as betting that she will not run this year or the next election. In fact I doubt she runs at all ever. What do I win if she don't? A free lap top computer?
0 Replies
 
blueveinedthrobber
 
  1  
Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 08:11 pm
dlowan wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
How can a woman who can't satisfy her husband be expected to lead the free world?


Oh my! Debate here has reached a new high.

McGentrix - I really do believe you deserve the first pre-posthumous Darwin award ever given, for that one!

Please - more! You're making my morning!


jusy that one? Ms. buns you haven't been paying attention.....
0 Replies
 
dlowan
 
  1  
Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 08:57 pm
prolly not - so much idiocy in this world - so little time...
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 06:06 am
There is nothing as satisfying as a job well done.
0 Replies
 
kitchenpete
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 07:40 am
Once again, McG and I differ in our opinions.

I admire Hillary. I'd see her in the White House over Shrub, any day of the week.

KP
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 07:52 am
Why? What is it that she has done to distinguish herself over Bush? hat has she done that wasn't out of pure self-interest? What has she done to demonstrate her ability to lead an entire country or to encourage the American populace to follow her? I think Hillary would be even more devisive to the American country.
0 Replies
 
kitchenpete
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:15 am
Erm...she might put in place an adult education programme to teach you to write:

"distinguish FROM"

"hat?" [OK - I'll allow that as a typo.]

"dIvisive"

OK - cheap shots but turn the questions on Bush:

1. When has he acted out of anything other than self-interest? [It's a non-argument - we all follow our beliefs because they mean something to us.]

2. When has Bush demonstrated his ability to lead a country? [He's shown that a very basic vocabulary can keep his big-business friends out of the limelight while he does their bidding.]

3. How much more divided can your country get than an election so close that Dubya needed to get his brother to apply discriminatory vote-rigging to win with a minority? What about divisive to the World outside the USA - or do you believe that Bush is on a worthy crusade to apply the same corrupt idea of democracy to other places?

On the positive side, Hillary beleives in REAL rights for women and minorities and has a genuine understanding of the world outside of the USA.

We're never going to agree on this, of course, but you'll have to provide some real arguments against Hillary before I'll even bother to acknowledge the points!

KP
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:30 am
kitchenpete wrote:
Erm...she might put in place an adult education programme to teach you to write:

"distinguish FROM"

"hat?" [OK - I'll allow that as a typo.]

"dIvisive"

OK - cheap shots but turn the questions on Bush:

1. When has he acted out of anything other than self-interest? [It's a non-argument - we all follow our beliefs because they mean something to us.]

2. When has Bush demonstrated his ability to lead a country? [He's shown that a very basic vocabulary can keep his big-business friends out of the limelight while he does their bidding.]

3. How much more divided can your country get than an election so close that Dubya needed to get his brother to apply discriminatory vote-rigging to win with a minority? What about divisive to the World outside the USA - or do you believe that Bush is on a worthy crusade to apply the same corrupt idea of democracy to other places?

On the positive side, Hillary beleives in REAL rights for women and minorities and has a genuine understanding of the world outside of the USA.

We're never going to agree on this, of course, but you'll have to provide some real arguments against Hillary before I'll even bother to acknowledge the points!

KP


As a side note, when berating someone else for spelling errors on the Internet, it would behoove you to be sure your own spelling is correct. "beleives"? I before E except after C...

You haven't answered my questions. You defended Hillary and I asked why. You have now followed up your defense with an attack on Bush... Is Hillary so indefensible that the only defense for her is to place the onus back on me to defend Bush?
0 Replies
 
Foxfyre
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:38 am
Sometimes there is a difference though. Bush is hated because he has convictions. Hillary is hated because she doesn't. And blasting either one is nonproductive and divisive and doesn't get us any closer to where we want the country to be.

I wish for one week A2K would debate issues from energy to abortion to stem cell research to how much 'religion' is tolerable in government, etc. etc. etc. and refrain from referring to a single political figure while we do it. I think this would be constructive and quite fascinating.
0 Replies
 
Lightwizard
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:39 am
While we're in English class, what's "indensible?"
Is that a typo or a new word?
0 Replies
 
kitchenpete
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:48 am
Touche - I touchtype and sometimes confuse letters. I'm well aware of how to spell "BelIEve", thanks! Laughing Enough silliness and ad hominem stuff from me.

I'll try to answer your points in turn:

"Why? "

I understand Hillary's ideologies to be closer to my own than Dubya's.

"What is it that she has done to distinguish herself over Bush? hat has she done that wasn't out of pure self-interest?"

I maintain that this is a non-argument. We each act out of our idea of what is right/beneficial to us and those for whom we care...that applies to everyone, not just politicians. As for what has she done to distinguish herself from Bush - where do I start: they are chalk and cheese!

"What has she done to demonstrate her ability to lead an entire country or to encourage the American populace to follow her?"

No one can prove their ability to lead an entire country without doing so, can they? Having intelligence, compassion and reason on her side would be a good start - things I believe she has proven. Whether the American populace would follow her is a matter for the ballot box, surely, not for me (as a non-American) to decide.

"I think Hillary would be even more devisive to the American country."

You are entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to mine. Just because you find her/her policies objectionable does not mean that they are either wrong or that being divisive is a bad thing, for that matter. Sometimes there can be no agreement on certain subjects. Like this one between us, I suspect.
0 Replies
 
BoGoWo
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 08:55 am
Foxfyre wrote:
I don't want Hillary to run this year. I want her to run next time vs Condi Rice. I can't imagine how much fun that campaign would be.


CAT FIGHT!
0 Replies
 
L R R Hood
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 09:02 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24298&highlight=

I heard somewhere that she was a member of the US communist party, but I'm not sure if that's true.
0 Replies
 
Foxfyre
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 09:04 am
Kitchen Pete writes:
Quote:
I maintain that this is a non-argument. We each act out of our idea of what is right/beneficial to us and those for whom we care...that applies to everyone, not just politicians. As for what has she done to distinguish herself from Bush - where do I start: they are chalk and cheese! . . . Just because you find her/her policies objectionable does not mean that they are either wrong or that being divisive is a bad thing, for that matter.


While I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment here--I have long believed that two persons can hold widely differing opinions and neither be evil--I do not agree that 'we each act out of our idea of what is right/beneficial to us'. This is one reason I can stick with George Bush in the face of all the criticism and all the what appears to be blunders. I am on record here and elsewhere that I have not agreed with him on several issues. But I see in him a man of conviction who does what he believes is right whether or not it is politically expedient or beneficial to him. And his poll numbers show that.

Also there are some who 'manufacture' convictions so that they don't have to agree with somebody they oppose or despise or who might interfere with the one they support.

Having said that, I agree that we often judge a politician or any leader based on his/her ability to make things the way we think they should be.
0 Replies
 
nimh
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 09:15 am
Fedral wrote:
Never happen Fox...

That woman is so universally despised by the Right and even by some of her own that she wouldn't have a chance.


Hmmm ... dont bet on it. GWB is just as universally despised by the Left, yet he sure does still stand a chance this autumn ...

Foxfyre wrote:
Sometimes there is a difference though. Bush is hated because he has convictions. Hillary is hated because she doesn't.


<nods>

Though I think there's also conservatives out there who hate her because they truly believe she is some rabid ultra-liberal ideologue ...
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 09:17 am
For lack of a better thread...


http://cagle.slate.msn.com/working/040609/stantis.gif
0 Replies
 
BoGoWo
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 09:18 am
Foxfyre wrote:
.........[Bush] I see in him a man of conviction who does what he believes is right whether or not it is politically expedient or beneficial to him. And his poll numbers show that.........


there are few as dangerous on this planet as those who do "what he believes is right"; a politicians are supposed to represent the 'will of the people' are they not!
0 Replies
 
CoastalRat
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 09:36 am
BoGoWo wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
.........[Bush] I see in him a man of conviction who does what he believes is right whether or not it is politically expedient or beneficial to him. And his poll numbers show that.........


there are few as dangerous on this planet as those who do "what he believes is right"; a politicians are supposed to represent the 'will of the people' are they not!


And they do represent the "will of the people" to some extent. Each is elected to office based on what they claim to stand for, the policies they intend to follow, and so forth. In theory, if the majority agree with a politician's goals and plans, they vote for him/her. Thus that politician is representing his constituent's interests, while also doing "what he thinks is right".

Those who voted for Bush did so knowing how he thought on most issues. They also knew (or should have) that his Christian faith guided his thought process. Now, things will almost always happen or situations arise that were not anticipated nor addressed during an election, and hopefully when that happens what he thinks is best will be what most of his constituents think is best, otherwise it gets a bit tougher next election.
0 Replies
 
L R R Hood
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 09:52 am
I like the "servent of the state" ideology.
0 Replies
 
kitchenpete
 
  1  
Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2004 10:31 am
Those who voted for Bush on the basis that he believed in less governmental spending and/or intervention in the market economy, have been fully disillusioned.

Talk about flip-flopping to pander to interest groups!
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/16/2021 at 12:21:18