Are there any benefits for listening to the holy Koran?

magdo

Fri 9 Jan, 2015 03:36 am
listening to the holy Koran

View best answer, chosen by magdo
FBM

Fri 9 Jan, 2015 03:49 am
I suppose it's an education in backwards and flawed reasoning. So there's that.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Fri 9 Jan, 2015 04:20 am
@magdo,
Do you have the audio version?

Personally I prefer the book, as it helps steady my wobbly table.

Je suis Charlie.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 9 Jan, 2015 04:53 am
Magdo is a sock puppet. Wait for the lesson in Islam which will follow this set-up.

I would say the benefit is as a soporific--like falling asleep while watching football on the weekend.
Lordyaswas

Fri 9 Jan, 2015 05:13 am
@Setanta,
Then he'll hopefully enjoy seeing and fully agree with this message which Hinge posted on another thread here this morning.

This has got to be a Brit who wrote the sign. Twat is such a British word.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/73/20/4c/73204ca337a26ab4446b902c9d004991.jpg
hassanelagouz
  Selected Answer

Fri 9 Jan, 2015 06:25 am
@magdo,
There are lots of benefits for listening to the noble Koran such as:
Modern technology proved that listening to the noble Koran gives the soul quietness, serenity, peace and tranquility; it is like high standard sedative tablets without any side effects as other chemical medicines. The researcher doctor Ahmed Al-Kady proved that in his book in Arabic and English "The effect of the Koran on human soul".
Listening to the Koran also lessens the gloomy soul and widens the luminous soul of the listener, and this affects his behavior and his deeds:
- This hides the incentive and desire of evil and strengthens the motives and desire to do the good.
- It also increases love, passion, cordiality, kindness and pity towards human beings, and weakens the incentives of evil, hatred, offense, harm and oppression towards human beings.
There is no doubt that all mankind need all this badly.
timur

Fri 9 Jan, 2015 06:36 am
@hassanelagouz,
Surely the extremist killers in Paris have not been listening to the Qu'ran..
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 9 Jan, 2015 11:58 pm
@magdo,
1. It could possibly help you cure/relieve a difficult case of insomnia.
2. It might drown out some unpleasant and disturbing extra voices in your noggin.
3. In audiobook format, you can speed up the playback so it sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks are singing the words to you.
4. It might expand your vocabulary? Though there are better and/or more enjoyable books that can also do that as well.
0 Replies

FBM

Sat 10 Jan, 2015 12:00 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

This has got to be a Brit who wrote the sign. Twat is such a British word.

It blew my mind when I learded that Brits pronounce it to rhyme with "hat."
glitterbag

Sat 10 Jan, 2015 12:12 am
@FBM,
No. I think most people can read for themselves. Well with the possible exception of women and girls in radicalized Islamic countries where the males fear and loath the idea of women becoming anything other than livestock. Those women are not allowed to learn to read or write.
FBM

Sat 10 Jan, 2015 12:13 am
@glitterbag,
??? You lost me there...
glitterbag

Sat 10 Jan, 2015 12:33 am
@FBM,
My point is that many poor Muslim women are not permitted to learn to read. They can have no property, they cannot leave the house unless accompanied by a male relative. So these women cannot read the Koran, they have to accept a males interpretation of Islam.
FBM

Sat 10 Jan, 2015 12:36 am
@glitterbag,
True that. What I was answering was what benefits there might be for any non-Muslim to read/listen to the Koran. It serves as a great example of irrational thinking. That's all.
glitterbag

Sat 10 Jan, 2015 12:55 am
@FBM,
That's because some have corrupted the Koran. Just like some Christians corrupt the Bible. Zealots always use religion as a club to beat others into submission.
glitterbag

Sat 10 Jan, 2015 12:57 am
@glitterbag,
On another note, I think it's a good idea to have a rudimentary understanding of all the world's religions.
0 Replies

FBM

Sat 10 Jan, 2015 12:57 am
@glitterbag,
Not sure how it's been corrupted, but I'm pretty sure the original wasn't much more logical or evidence-based.
glitterbag

Sun 11 Jan, 2015 05:41 pm
@FBM,
What I'm trying to say is that so called believers will cherry pick from their religious doctrine in order to dehumanize others. ISIS is not a sterling example of Islam and the Westboro Baptist church is an abomination.
0 Replies