FOOD NAZI'S SUFFER STUNNING DEFEAT!

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 05:30 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
The only reason you seem to start most of your threads is to cause controversy,
Five years ago Robert agreed with this statement. Hopefully after all this time of me hitting up what turn out to be important and oft debated ideas of the day he know understands how well my hawk eye works.

Stick around, you will figure this out as well

Quote:
You are a tiresome, illogical, twisted oaf
Then ignore me. Dont blame me and whine because you dont.

Quote:
I have no counter argument against your pathetic diversion tactics because you never, ever open the door of reason in your brain at all. It remains firmly locked, even against yourself, seemingly.
So you blame me for your failure to show up with the goods....That's rich!
Pearlylustre

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 05:55 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Given that Hawkeye has some truly repugnant ideas about human beings (abused women, people with disabilities, et al) it's not all that surprising that he cares even less for animals.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 05:58 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Pearlylustre wrote:

Given that Hawkeye has some truly repugnant ideas about human beings (abused women, people with disabilities, et al) it's not all that surprising that he cares even less for animals.

Dont forget that I want to force sterilize those with genetic problems that are likely to produce children who will cost the collective a ton of money to support. Got to be in the top five opinions of mine which are found to be "repugnant", but for which seemingly few arguments can be found to refute.

That is the deal, either put down my ideas with facts and evidence or shut up. You dont have the right to impose your appetites onto others. That you dont like something matters not at all to me, or to other people who believe in freedom I am sure .
ossobuco

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 06:22 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Hello all. I ate foie gras once, an excellent french restaurant in Los Angeles. I figure our friend Harvey let me have a small bite. I didn't dislike it. That was maybe 1978, but I'm still listening.

Some years ago, when all this about the geese and ducks came up, I was immediately horrified, but read more later that turned my view to understand that foie gras in the right raising situations wasn't all evil to the pedal - not convinced re the process, but not necessarily against it in some conditions.

I read a link today (no a2k, couldn't get in, gaaaa) that sheds some light on arguments about it.

The Physiology of Foie: Why Foie Gras is Not Unethical
Dec 16, 2010 7:00AM
J. Kenji López-Alt

http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/12/the-physiology-of-foie-why-foie-gras-is-not-u.html

Not to nudge, but it made me remember why I was mixed on the subject.
I won't just clip - better to read the whole thing.

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 06:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
not convinced re the process, but not necessarily against it in some conditions.
we could be watching videos of birds walking up to be fed by tube. It would give an completely different emotional picture.

Is it even possible to talk facts rather than emotions on this question?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 06:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
Try reading my link, you goof. It gives data/observation.
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 07:04 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
other people who believe in freedom .

So that would be freedom for everyone to do exactly what you want you think they should do. Doesn't include basic human rights like weighing up the risks and choosing for themselves if they have children or not. You've said before that people with disabilities should not only be sterilised - they should be kept at home so they don't bother other people... so you don't even think they should have the freedom to go shopping. Your idea of freedom is very selective.

I have an adult child with a disability and know a lot of people with disabilities - if I put them all together in a room with someone who holds your disregard for other human beings - and animals - I know which one I would want 'forced sterilised' for the better good of 'the collective'. A lot of people might consider your inability to understand basic human decency and compassion a disability as well.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 07:06 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Quote:
A lot of people might consider your inability to understand basic human decency and compassion a disability as well.

you have no way to know if I have some inability to understand, you dont even know that I dont understand, all you know is that I draw lines in different places than you do.

Speak facts.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 07:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
You two assume my link is against foie gras.

Would someone bother to read it?
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 07:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
I know what you say here, and on this board you have rarely shown the basic compassion and decency that is considered normal in the society I live in. You're an asshole. That is a fact.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 07:52 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Pearlylustre wrote:

I know what you say here, and on this board you have rarely shown the basic compassion and decency that is considered normal in the society I live in. You're an asshole. That is a fact.

You are I am sure still hung up on me 3 years ago or so saying that parents should not take their defective kids out in public if they are going to create big problems. I get that you dont agree, but dont let our not agreeing on that one small matter cloud your vision. I am successful in life in large part because I do know what is normal, and more than most I know where reality is.

Speak facts, not emotion, when you come to the arena of ideas.
Pearlylustre

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 08:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
If I was the only one on this board who thought you were an asshole I might wonder if my vision was clouded or I was just 'hung up' on a single issue, but I think you know that your reputation as an asshole is pretty widespread around here.
Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 04:15 am
@Pearlylustre,
I'll second the sentiment that Whackeye is an asshole.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 04:16 am
I think he's a twat.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 04:39 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Hopefully after all this time of me hitting up what turn out to be important and oft debated ideas of the day he know understands how well my hawk eye works.

That's never happened. You're either deliberately provocative and/or full of ****. And you always turn out to be full of ****, like your take on the London riots and insistence that Kim Jong Un was in Switzerland.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 08:26 am
@Lordyaswas,
Trying to speak reasonably to Hawk when he is doing one of his things, Lordy, is like trying to piss into the wind during a Hurricane.

In a way, I enjoy watching watching him insist he is a jerk...and then setting out to prove it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 08:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
Kinda makes me wish he could get plenty of the stuff...perhaps in the same way the geese are cause to make it...forced down his throat via a tube.
0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 08:32 am
@hawkeye10,
So you believe that force feeding geese is humane and a good thing for humans to do? Please explain.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 09:28 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Cruelty to animals that are sub human is not in and of itself a deal breaker for me.

Then, what is a deal breaker for you?

Joe(what could it possibly be?) Nation
farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2015 04:54 pm
@Joe Nation,
Any confined finishing operations of any meat animal Is, by nature, a cruel nd inhumane activity. Anybody who adjusts their diet to only support "Humane" livestock rearing, will be paying out the nose for their meat.

Force feeding of foi gras and kobe beef is no different than any confined finishing like pork, veal, or poultry.
We market to a customer who demands open range lamb (not just free range which Is a joke)e raise our own poultry for egg and buy our chickens from an open range growr (an Amish guy).

If you live your creed, you gotta go all the way and investigate finishing methods.
Im amazed that we even eat eggs anymore. The avg egg farm has about 120000 laying hens an maybe 100 day die from hving their heads lopp off by the feeder chains that deliver grain to these little cups in their confined pens .The laying hens are in their pens so that they cant even turn around.
For that you get 5 eggs in 7 days. Our 30 hens each ggive us 3 eggs a week and they run to us for food and they are just a nice sentinel around the sheep to keep the whole ecosystem calm nd bot-fly free (hens will "groom" the ewes like tic birds. We sell all our eggs locally at giveaway prices so e have no problems with overabundances of eggs(our hens actually have another job as parasite controllers)

We had foi gras nd while its a nice flavor, it doesn't fit our own creed of stewardship.

Kobe Beef, tilapia (for which there has been a new health advisory),turkeys, industrial eggs, quail and guinea hens, ducks, veal, most Australian lamb(shipping part), and a couple others need to be closely reviewed if we choose our foods based upon humane growing methods.

I actually agree because my market in lambs is quite good as people and restaurants seek us out and we are always behind in delivery numbers.
0 Replies