FOOD NAZI'S SUFFER STUNNING DEFEAT!

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 02:37 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
But do you want to be unneccesarily cruel to it in order to get that meat and fat?

You gotta draw the line somewhere on when to no longer care about being cruel. Maybe you draw the line at mosquitos or maybe it is E-Coli....IDK. I am not aware that any common modern farming practices are cruel, though it would not take much to get me to object to how we raise our friers, but if it were it would not need be a deal breaker. I really like foie gras BTW. I often have some in my freezer.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 02:40 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

I tell you what. I shall come back and bump this a few times when America has woken up, because it's mainly European viewing at the moment and not many know about this site.

Laters,,,,,

I assume that you mean to say when more brain dead highly emotional loves animals more than humans can never get enough victim stories American liberals are around....But OK.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 07:06 am
@hawkeye10,
If I may, Hawk, I'd like to nominate this thread of yours as your worst ever...but to even things out, I'd also like to nominate it as most indicative of the kind person you seem to be.

You really don't get much more repulsive than you do with the thoughts you've shared here.
FBM

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 07:17 am
Gotta love how the American machismo, "man rules the earth" mentality incites and encourages unbridled cruelty to other life forms. ******* dimwits.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 07:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
Do you have any evidence that the animals in question feel pain? And this thread revolves around an animal rights question that has gotten a lot of play recently, so while it may revolt you it is relevant. But I will understand if queasyness forces you to take your leave.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 07:24 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

Gotta love how the American machismo, "man rules the earth" mentality incites and encourages unbridled cruelty to other life forms. ******* dimwits.

Talk to the French, who inventded the process, and who eat more of the delish duck fat then we do.
engineer

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 07:30 am
@hawkeye10,
From a legal point of view, I'm not sure about this decision. The voters of California elected representatives who passed a law that does not seem unconstitutional. Without discussing the forced feeding issue, how did this get overturned? Why is this different than liquor laws in dry counties? If my county bans alcohol sales, doesn't that "interfere with federal regulations" that govern liquor sales? I can see that if California attempted to make the law less restrictive than the federal law that would be a problem, but it seems like local communities pass laws to make things more restrictive all the time. When the legislature comes back with a 1000% tax on foie gras, it that going to be overturned also?
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 07:35 am
@hawkeye10,
Good bump, Hawk.

Keep this up and maybe the A2K people wishing to stop consuming the stuff will reach double figures.

Don't get me wrong, as I have a great love of eating meat and would find it very hard to be a vegan. Hell, in my younger days I was a butcher for several years, passing several exams and eventually reaching the giddy qualified heights of Senior Shopman Cutter.

I would imagine that I have busted down more sides of beef than you have had fantasies about rodgering Bruce Willis in that Pulp Fiction gimp mask scene.
Well, that could be a slight exaggeration but you get my drift.

Whether the French invented it or not, it is a cruel cruel method of rearing, and the fact that you cannot even show a glimmer of understanding shows what a closed mind you have.

It would be interesting for people to comment here whether they currently consume foie gras, but are now thinking twice.....or otherwise.

I'm not preaching here, just trying to get some reality into the subject about what it takes to provide someone with a ten minute nibble on a so called delicacy.

Carry on with the bumping.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 08:08 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Do you have any evidence that the animals in question feel pain?

I think it has been established conclusively that ALL animals feel pain. Fact is, it would not be "pain" if it were not being felt. If you have evidence that some animals do not feel pain, please furnish it and I will consider it.

Quote:
And this thread revolves around an animal rights question that has gotten a lot of play recently, so while it may revolt you it is relevant.

My comment revolved around how I feel about your comment...and about your ability to show yourself the way you do. If you want to discuss "animal rights" with someone else...do so.

Quote:

But I will understand if queasyness forces you to take your leave.

Oh, I am not "queasy" at all, Hawk. I am totally willing to speak with you reasonably no matter how you act.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 08:27 am
@hawkeye10,
Ahhhhhhh ..... your moral and ethics system is based on plausible deniability. If they aren't screaming it must be OK. Raping mutes must be OK, too, because how do you know they are hurting. And raping the comatose, they don't know about whats going on so how can they deny consent?

Like Frank said. You've exposed yourself here and its a very sick and ugly image you've provided.
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 09:39 am
Quote:
If just one person vows never to buy foie gras again, I will be a happy bunny.

I loved the foie gras I had in Paris. My goodness, it's good.
It was better than the foie gras I've had in New York several times since, it's been a number of years.

I watched the videos.
Be happy, bunny.

I will never eat foie gras again.

I am a humane human. What they do is not humane.

Joe(I'll have the cheese plate.)Nation
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 03:38 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
If they aren't screaming it must be OK.

Show me, prove to me, that they are in pain while they are being fed. I am simply not willing to accept a video of ducks being fed as proof that they are in pain. I actually see no evidence in the video that they are in pain.

I demand to talk in provable facts.
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 04:17 pm
@Joe Nation,
I was served foie gras as part of a set meal that was ordered for me at an expensive teppanyaki restaurant in Japan. I felt guilty eating it but admit it was one of the most divinely delicious things I've ever had. I would never order it myself though .
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 04:28 pm
We see a direct descendant of the Anti Foie GRas argument in the anti beef argument...we should not eat beef because raising cows is a huge waste of nutrients and it kills the Earth. If these people had their way we would be back to a diet of mostly oatmeal and potatoes.
I for one am not interested. Part of being the most successful species on earth is supposed to be that we get the best grub. Winning has privileges, and I dont feel a bit guilty for using them.
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 04:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
Don't be a fecking idiot all your life, hawk.

Just once, try to at least see a tiny bit of the other side of an argument.

By coming out with ever more spurious and pathetic reasons to justify the barbarity involved with the foie gras industry, you don't half make yourself look a prat.

I'll admit that it tastes divine, but when someone actually showed me (in France, and yes, they do show serious signs of panic and distress, and invarioubly totally evacuate their bowels each time it's done) I have never touched the stuff again.

Just be honest with yourself and not be obstinate about this just because of the macho element of it all.

It is ******* cruel. Admit it.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 04:43 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
It is ******* cruel. Admit it.

Having animals born for the sole purpose of feeding us, feeding them what makes them most tasty rather than what they want to eat, keeping them confined in cages/barns/fields till we are ready to eat them, could also be classified as cruel. It is all a matter of degree.

And what about culling herds, is it not cruel to the rest of the herd to take their mates away and eat them?

And we are talking about Foie gras here, one of the best things I have ever eaten, that needs to be factored in.

Cruelty to animals that are sub human is not in and of itself a deal breaker for me.
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 04:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yada yada yada.

Same ol' same ol'
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 04:46 pm
@Lordyaswas,
In otherwords you have no counter argument. Your position is likely all emotion, zero facts, zero reason.
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 04:46 pm
@Joe Nation,
Thank you Joe.

Dealing with you know who on this thread has suddenly become worthwhile.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2015 04:56 pm
@hawkeye10,
I have no counter argument against your pathetic diversion tactics because you never, ever open the door of reason in your brain at all. It remains firmly locked, even against yourself, seemingly.

The only reason you seem to start most of your threads is to cause controversy, attempt to convince us all that you are a real man and give yourself an arena in which you can denigrate people who respond and point score whenever possible.

You are a tiresome, illogical, twisted oaf, who I would normally gladly ignore, but on this occasion I will carry on replying to you because each time this thread gets bumped increases the chances of someone actually stumbling upon it and reviewing their whole attitude towards foie gras.

Carry on with the yada yada, by all means.