advice please

richb32

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 05:08 am
Hi all

i've always thought that i was straight but over the past few years i've been questioning my Sexuality , i do find some other guys attractive but cant see having a relationship with them ( should be some indication right ? )

but heres the kicker, due to a terrible lack of confidence / self esteem, i have never had a relationship with a girl either, nor do i see myself having one (confidence issues again)

you see i always thought that my lack of "luck" with the opposite sex was due to my low self esteem, i mean i still do find some girls attractive, but not when i do, i don't turn to my friends and say so, it seems to me that when most guys see a girl they just turn to their friends and say " wow look at the ******* on that "

i dont think i ever had that type of reaction, it just seems to me that such behavior is just crappy, then again maybe thats just my personality

but in questioning my sexuality i remembered times where i noticed other guys
sometimes it was some random actor on tv or some place else (i guess one of the examples that stand out the most, was when i was a kid in school, and i saw this other kid in class, and when i saw him i just went...i dunno it was like i skipped a breath )

sure i do fantasize about other guys, but thats not reality

if it where reality, i'm not sure if i could or would do anything

maybe its just my lack of self esteem again (theres a whole other story behind that, and its not a nice one, but i'm getting help for it )

but i guess here is my question ?
could i just be gay and not have the confidence to be comfortable with it
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 773 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 07:50 am
@richb32,
Finding the same sex attractive is not what determines your gender preference.

You can only be the one that can determine where are your sexual preferences. At the very least, you sound inexperienced. This is a choice. Your preference to not have intimacy and to wait is commendable.

You have higher values and prefer to act respectfully when you're not making lewd comments about female bodies or thinking of them only as sex objects. This is not an indication of being gay or not gat.

Sexuality varies - on a spectrum. This means there's variations in behavior (between asexuality....homosexuality, bisexuality and hetero) and your own preferences. When you do have intimate moments with one gender or the other, you'll know where you feel most comfortable.

When and if you find yourself fantasizing about one sex at the exclusion of the other, this may mean you need to explore a bit more. Don't allow societal pressures to be sway you one way or the other. Your preferences can and should be a private matter.

Practice safe sex and enjoy your life without fear or judgment - whether self-generated or external.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 01:45 pm
No need to make any hard decisions about your sexual preferences right now. It sounds like you are observing both sexes and seeing the beauty in both.

NOW you need to get to know both - and then, after much expereince - you can make a decision on your sexual preference - or not. (that's an option, too.)

May I ask your age?
richb32

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 02:15 am
@PUNKEY,
i'm pretty old, i'm 33
Eliusa

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 12:04 pm
@richb32,
Sex therapist, please. And you hear it from the one who hates ' see therapist' advices. You are 33 and not knowing who you are? That is pretty sad. You must find out and catch up on *******. Pronto. Good luck! You missing a lot, baby. Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2015 12:39 pm
@richb32,
Do you date?
0 Replies