Are you a flirt?

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 02:59 pm
The key to flirting is in the eyes, according to this article I just read. Do you agree? What are your best techniques for flirting?

"There are certain things you can do that might help your date go with a bang - and turn into something more serious.

Stare into each others' eyes

New York psychologist, Professor Arthur Arun, has been studying the dynamics of what happens when people fall in love. He has shown that the simple act of staring into each other's eyes has a powerful impact.

He asked two complete strangers to reveal to each other intimate details about their lives. This carried on for an hour and a half. The two strangers were then made to stare into each others eyes without talking for four minutes. Afterwards many of his couples confessed to feeling deeply attracted to their opposite number and two of his subjects even married afterwards.

When we are aroused and interested in what we are looking at our pupils dilate. In medieval Italy, women put belladonna into their eyes to make them look bigger. In fact, bella donna means 'beautiful lady'. However, this is not recommended, as belladonna is a kind of poison!"

There's more to the article here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,553 • Replies: 68
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:03 pm
If ya wanna know if im a flirt , why dont'cha come on over here schnookums! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

hahahahahaha
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:05 pm
Look into my eyes when you say that, baby . . .
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:08 pm
I dunna want to admit it, but my eyes r piercing and grab'n
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:12 pm
Well.. if your eyes werent so damn far up.. hehehe
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:12 pm
I hope you're looking at someone other 'n me then.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:15 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing

I WAS going to compliment you on your eye...lash... yeah.. Shocked

>rofl<
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:17 pm
I frighten women with my eyes, but in a good way. That's how I snagged my wife. We were in martial arts classes together, and I was staring at her. She thought it was because I hated her. Well, we went out on a date and she mentioned this, and I just said "what? I was staring because you're hot." Then I used that gaze again, and there was some chocolate cheescake involved...well, the rest is history.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:19 pm
Ihave never thought about the effect of the emotions in my eyes. .. I think I will have to try that out..
(calling hubby )

:-)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:25 pm
Oh yeah, flirting with the eyes. And if they don't like it, it's called leering.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:35 pm
Flirting with the eyes is the best way for me.

Mostly because when I try to say something flirtatious, it usually comes out sounding like a line, or tasteless, or something involving beastiality. I don't know why, but women don't seem to respond to that in a very positive way, most of the time. But when they do . . . :wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:47 pm
Lol Roger - I think you're supposed to test it out a little at a time, and see if you get a positive response!

The staring thing is interesting, to see that it can EVOKE such feelings!

Normally, staring is a sign of hostile intent - 'tis what predators and people who're gonna attack you do - and in normal conversation we have strict cultural rules about how much staring is permitted - you know, look, look away, look, look away. Too much of either is not ok.

When we are aroused by each other, or "in love" - staring deeply into each other's eyes is ok - specially the in love staring.

But - I had no idea it could CREATE an "in love" feeling! Perhaps like cigarettes can make you feel horny, if you have had a lot of post-coital ones?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:58 pm
Look into my eyes.....I seem like Dracula to you, but friendly...yes, you are under my spell, and I am under yours....

Yep, eyes do it.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 04:09 pm
dlowan wrote:
Normally, staring is a sign of hostile intent - 'tis what predators and people who're gonna attack you do - and in normal conversation we have strict cultural rules about how much staring is permitted - you know, look, look away, look, look away. Too much of either is not ok.

dlowan, in another part of this article, it also says that fear and attraction are often confused with each other, so it is also a good idea to go somewhere like an amusement park or bungy jumping. I don't know about that, but I think it's interesting that fear can feel so much like attraction.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 04:14 pm
Hmmmm - just like fear feels like excitement - many of the same physiological reactions.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 04:54 pm
Well....when you see a woman you are attracted to ,isnt there a little fear when you are looking at her?? Ya know, fear of , is she going to roll her eyes , smile, yell , kick , scream, break the handcuffs...etc...
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 06:01 pm
good one, roger.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 06:04 pm
i flirt lightly with my eyes. I use the tip my tongue when I'm really feeling flirty
0 Replies

imdtckdkr

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 06:10 pm
When we were in bars we used to joke that you didn't make eye contact with a guy unless you wanted to actually hook up. So maybe there is something to the eyes and flirting.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 06:15 pm
My eyes are turquoise. People sometimes think I'm flirting when I'm not.
0 Replies