need advice on a relationship/break up Very important

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 08:26 am
Well I will start it off in March when after just over a year my ex gf broke up with me. After about a month we kinda started talking again. Then from May to October we were dating I had to move because I lost my job. I moved 2 hours south at first she wanted to do it said it would be ok. The. I think her friend talked her out of it. I had plans on moving back fast and doing whatever I had to do to keep things going but she broke up with me again. Two weeks later she comes down to visit. She was acting like I wasn't there in a way but later we slept in the same bed. Then we made out all night basically and did more later. The next day we were acting like old acting like a couple she said she had fun. Then she goes back and acts a lot different again. Then we make plans to see each other again and a couple or a few days before it she backs out. I think she is scared that will happen again when I told her if she doesn't want to I won't do it. Then I went through some stuff around the holidays. It was the first time not seeing my family and I asked her about swapping gifts around Christmas and birthdays and stuff. She freaked out about it and made me feel kinda worse. And I was a little buzzed I said something I shouldn't have about myself that freaked her out. And it's been two weeks since that she blocked me a couple social apps but not on her phone for calls or txts. And I been just trying to talk to her to explain what happened that day so it doesn't look as bad as it was. I'm not trying to fix anything and txted her that multiple times. I still love her a lot and I really don't understand why when it's been awhile since all of this. Me and my buddy think after a couple or a few months down the road I will have a chance again which also sucks because it's not only me who thinks it. But I was looking for some other insight or new eyes on the subject. Because I'm at a lost of what to think I know she still cares and loves me in a way but a lot of things has me confused if you can please send your advice. Because I actually care about her more than anything and when we were together it was the best thing it was a great connection and now it's all weird and it's been back and worth for months.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,032 • Replies: 13
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 08:52 am
@Mercurycougarfan2,
Since she has not blocked you on her phone, call her. Not text. CALL.

And ask, "Where do we stand?"

And listen to what she has to say.

Because from my perspective, this smells a lot like FWB but you didn't get the memo.
Mercurycougarfan2

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 09:14 am
@jespah,
I been trying to but it doesn't work. And idk she said it wasn't then it was then she didn't know I swear this is confusing. I'm not trying to make it more than what it is but I been thinking on it for months and it's been I want to come down then it's a bad idea. Then again I want to come down then bad idea again so idk lol. I'm just trying to get more insight.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 10:27 am
Dump the broad.
Mercurycougarfan2

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 10:33 am
@contrex,
It's hard lol. When u actually have a connection like that trust me I try everyday
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 01:31 pm
You said: "And I was a little buzzed I said something I shouldn't have about myself that freaked her out."

That seems to be when the avoidance stuff started on her part.

You are not being honest about WHY this girl has cut you out of her life - or at least you are just minimizing it.

You have not accepted responsibility for your actions and you have not apologized for doing (something) that caused her to run away from you.
Mercurycougarfan2

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 01:43 pm
@PUNKEY,
No accepted it I really have I just don't want to say it on here because it was something bad and personal that I don't like to say to ppl I don't know and I have been trying to apologize for two weeks for it. I feel really bad about. I been wanting to explain what happened and why it all happened. She isn't letting me talk and really appoligize. That's all I been wanting to do recently not trying to win her back at the moment. I think maybe sometime down the road it might be possible to retry but I been trying to appoligize and explain
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:04 pm
@Mercurycougarfan2,
Write her a letter, not a text, a handwritten letter. Say whatever you need to say and send it to her. The ball will then be in her court to respond or continue ignoring you. You will have had your opportunity to say whatever you had to say and will know whether or not reading what you have to say makes any difference to her.
Mercurycougarfan2

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 02:11 pm
@Butrflynet,
I been thinking about that. And a couple ppl said to. I just feel weird doing it with all of this. I know we all wish for stuff that might not happen I would just feel ten times better even if it's not call but txt. Like I said I feel bad it was a tough time and confusing and still is. And also hard kinda know/ thinking I probably will get another chance and so do other friends. With that it makes giving up a lot harder.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 03:50 pm
@Mercurycougarfan2,
I suspect you already know it is not repairable and are using every excuse not to do what is being suggested in order to prolong the inevitable. As long as you don't take that next step you can keep up the false hope.
Mercurycougarfan2

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 05:32 pm
@Butrflynet,
No I'm not saying anythig said isn't true or anything but it's not as easy as it sounds all the way. What do u mean by the next step though. And I'm not trying to keep false hope. I'm really not I been just trying to appoligize not get her back I wanted to make things somewhat better and hope for better or maybe a chance in the future. And someone that knows both of us very well that's upfront about everything thinks the same stuff. Like I said part of me wants to say screw it but the other part still really cares that's all. I am listening to everyone. But I'm trying to explain not give excuses
0 Replies

Mercurycougarfan2

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 05:33 pm
@Butrflynet,
And I really want to thank everyone for replying it actually means a lot and helps.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 10:17 pm
You may apologize; she may accept it - BUT don't count on her taking you back.

I have a feeling that you really have no way to atone for your action, and too much water has gone under the bridge. Besides, you are SO insincere: "part of me wants to say screw it but the other part still really cares."

Move on, and use this as a learning tool. And hope it doesn't get out on the street exactly how you treated her.
Mercurycougarfan2

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2015 11:29 pm
@PUNKEY,
I'm not insincere. I wouldn't post this if I didn't care I'm saying how it feels one side says never mind while the other says are u nuts u know u care. And I didn't treat her bad I said something wrong and it wasn't about her. It's not like I said something mean to her or something it was just bad that's all I want to say about it. I'm trying to use this as a learning tool. Just tough when u actuall care and what not im not making excuses. But it's been a hard few months and just not about us. It's been up and down confusing. And about apologizing yeah I understand she may or may not all I wanted was a chance to explain. If we don't ever have a chance again I get it. But it's a weird feeling I get sometimes idk and I care so it's all bad emotions at the same time.
0 Replies