Do I have pocd

Cat434

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 09:11 am
I'm a 16 year old girl and I'm struggling with the thought of having pocd I can't stop thinking that I'm a pedophile this has probably been going on for the last 6 months But int the past six days or so the thoughts have gotten worse I found myself thinking more deeply about it and it makes me feel sick I've looked stuff up about it things like how people say it's like being told not to think about something for example Elvis Presley all you can think about is Elvis Presley because you were told not to apparently that's what pocd is like or something like that I have moment of clarity where I think I'm just being silly but then I think what if I could be it's like a living nightmare I constantly find myself wishing to go back to when I didn't think about this stuff I've never been turned on by children before atleast not that I can't think of always usually boys my age or older never younger I always thought children were cute or was just never interested by them but I told my mum about feeling like this and she says it's just me being paranoid and it's natural to overthink things especially at the age I am and this sort of thing has happened before me overthinking but instead to do with if I was a lesbian that would have probably been when I was 14 or something and I got overwhelmed and freaked myself out about that but not for so long like I have with this I could never hurt a child but I worry sometimes I have a younger sister and I sometimes worry what if I end up being attracted to her which makes me feel absolutely disgusting because I know i couldn't be I not like that I'm just really scared and worried and sick of feeling like this I'm also wondering have women that have experienced the same thing as me been able to move and start a family and just don't want this to traumatise me after all I'm practically a child myself I mean is there a way I can cure this without having therapy how do I get myself to stop worrying about this stuff will I ever I was thinking about this hopefully just being a stupid phase and in a year I wouldn't be dealing with this biit I've looked at other peoples problems to do with this and some people have been battling with stuff like this for years and I don't think there is any therapists or anyone that can help me that know about this stuff in my area and I don't believe I could afford therapy I just do know what to do please someone help me or atleast guide me to show me how to get through this I just don't know I've never been more distraught about something in my life I scared of who I am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 891 • Replies: 2
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by Cat434
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 09:20 am
@Cat434,
Ask your parents to take you to your pediatrician. And then ask your pediatrician for a referral to a child psychologist.

Nobody here can 'diagnose' you over the Internet.
0 Replies

Cat434

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 09:47 am
I know I can't be diagnosed on the internet I'm only looking for advice and help but thanks I will think about that
0 Replies