Woman visited me for two weeks, fell in love

ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 03:56 pm
@electricjelly,
electricjelly wrote:
One more question though, do you think I should pursue maintaining a friendship with her, if not how should I end it?

do you find her interesting to talk to? does she have opinions that are fun to debate/discuss? is there something bad about having her as a friend?
electricjelly

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 05:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
We actually met each other in Europe because we studied at the same university in Germany, she now works in Austria. I had the best time of my life studying there so the thought was really appealing to go back to Europe. Plus I speak both German and Spanish, so in my head this was a real possibility.

Listen it was silly from the get go, and I was a hopeless romantic or something. That's why I'm asking on here so that I can get some perspective.

I don't know why she would send me all those messages about missing me if she knew it would just lead no where but she did and I got hurt. Lesson learned.

Thanks though for all the help

P.s. it's part of my duty as a young man to dream and try and fail, otherwise the world would never change hahaha
0 Replies

electricjelly

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 06:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Oops didn't see your post, yes we were great friends, had a lot in common, always something interesting to talk about. Could always have fun with each other, I wish I wasn't attracted to her because we make good friends (enough that we can spend 14 days with eachother).
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 08:37 pm
@electricjelly,
Na dann, viel Spass noch!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 05:36 pm
@electricjelly,
Well - I'm going to say: go for it.

Go there - WITHOUT marriage in mind (be sure she knows this) and find out if there's REALLY anything/something there between you two. Expect nothing, expect the unexpected.

All the other stuff, (job, living, marriage, your future with her) will work itself out later if it's meant to be. If not, you can always say you saw the country.

You are young, able, and willing to do this. Go for it.

Let us know . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 05:40 pm
@electricjelly,
My suggestion would be to try and stay friends.

Continue to meet new people where you are. Maybe something will happen with one of them, or maybe something will happen that the two of you end up in the same place in the future.

Have fun - and don't give up on a friend just because there isn't a romantic future.

Try and be really clear with her about that though - say that you understand that there won't be a romance but that you enjoy being her friend. You may need to spell out that there can't be fun little flirty moments right now as that's bound to be painful right now.
0 Replies